Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Bottom line is would Eric get anything out of the 9 days or would he be totally frazzled by it. Much as I wish I were on a cruise right now, if I needed to work and couldn’t, I’d be tearing my hair out. 

While we planned on being board for a total of 22 nights.  We are on night 9 and he has not been able to do anything work related.  He was fibe with it the first couple of days but now that we have 4 sea days back to NJ and he figured he would catch up and work he is tearing his hair out.  He has tried to relax this afternoon but kept repeating his frustrations.

I, too, should be working as we both work for same company.

Let's see what happens in the morning we scheduled a meeting with the Head of our IT dept to speak with the IT person onboard and see if they can find an acceptable resolution to all.  Fingers and toes crossed.

We are really happy with this cruise.  Crew has been fabulous.  We had rack of lamb in MDR this evening that was cooked perfect...Delicious.

We had another beautiful sunny day in the 80s.

For the most part everyone is following mask rules.

Oh we had a nice surprise when we boarded.  Eric received a certificate for a free JS cabin for sailings up thru september, quite an extensive list with caribbean, canada and european sailings for up to 8 nights.

I received same list but only free OV cabin.  

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

While we planned on being board for a total of 22 nights.  We are on night 9 and he has not been able to do anything work related.  He was fibe with it the first couple of days but now that we have 4 sea days back to NJ and he figured he would catch up and work he is tearing his hair out.  He has tried to relax this afternoon but kept repeating his frustrations.

I, too, should be working as we both work for same company.

Let's see what happens in the morning we scheduled a meeting with the Head of our IT dept to speak with the IT person onboard and see if they can find an acceptable resolution to all.  Fingers and toes crossed.

We are really happy with this cruise.  Crew has been fabulous.  We had rack of lamb in MDR this evening that was cooked perfect...Delicious.

We had another beautiful sunny day in the 80s.

For the most part everyone is following mask rules.

Oh we had a nice surprise when we boarded.  Eric received a certificate for a free JS cabin for sailings up thru september, quite an extensive list with caribbean, canada and european sailings for up to 8 nights.

I received same list but only free OV cabin.  

Sorry to hear about Eric’s internet issues. I feel your pain. Explorer’s internet was really unusable. Glad you both are getting some perks. I hope you will be able to finish your extended cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Didn't want to say this but pretty heartless to say that about her.

Hey, stick to what you're trained to do. I'm sure she's a fabulous skater.

There's a reason I don't do videos and Greg excels at them

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Hey, stick to what you're trained to do. I'm sure she's a fabulous skater.

There's a reason I don't do videos and Greg excels at them

her video wasn't there to entertain you, it was there there to inform you.  If you do not like it, just leave it. do not tell us what you think of it.  

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

her video wasn't there to entertain you, it was there there to inform you.  If you do not like it, just leave it. do not tell us what you think of it.  

Pretty sure her brand is to entertain. Have you seen her YouTubes?

But regardless, in order to inform, you have to keep your audience. Apparently I gave up to early

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

That's exactly what I thought. 104 degree fever is pretty major. I felt bad for her. I'm glad she did the video. It can hit anybody.

First off when you have a fever, though you feel cold, wrapping up in sweatshirts and blankets holds in heat and your temp goes higher. Having no water compounds the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure her brand is to entertain. Have you seen her YouTubes?

But regardless, in order to inform, you have to keep your audience. Apparently I gave up to early

this conversation is done.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

First off when you have a fever, though you feel cold, wrapping up in sweatshirts and blankets holds in heat and your temp goes higher. Having no water compounds the issue.

See, you're a natural at TeleMed

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks, just dreading the test tomorrow!!!!

Best of luck tomorrow, Marietta and Charlie.  You'll "ace" your tests!

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mine is set for Thursday. I'm doing my best to avoid sick patients this week!

Good luck as you test on Thursday. OB!  Stay away from those sickies!!!!!

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I feel like we need one of @singinalot spreadsheet to keep track of who is on what ship 😉

That would certainly help!!

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was thinking how much of a challenge it would be as a doctor to avoid sick patients.  🤔 

I was thinking of that today while waiting for my Sonogram today;  some man came into the Waiting Room  with a horrible cough, and his mask was not even covering his nose (one of those people!).  I then heard a woman go up to a window and mention that she and her husband tested for Covid, and were told to come to this building.  

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Puppy Toys:

It's amazing how much people will spend on toys for their pets. We have spent our fair share on the puppies, but it's this one common household item that they love the best. Check the video out.

I love watching the Adventures of Lizzie and Charlie!!!!  Thank you, Greg!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for explaining that. I thought having no water could be very dangerous. I will admit when I have am the chills I immediately want to get warm but completely understand how it would be detrimental to your core body temperature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Omni is a nice resort with a lot to do, including very nice beach and pool areas.  Might not be worth it for one night though.  There are two Hamptons on the island.  One is on Sadler Road about the middle of the island, close to Sliders.  The other is in the historic downtown Fernandina Beach area on the marsh side of the island.  If you want to be close to the beach, chose the Sadler Road location and eat at Sliders.  If you want to be closer to more restaurants, bars, shopping, etc., chose the downtown location.  We've stayed at both and they are your typical Hampton Inns.  Click here for a recent YT video showing some of the downtown sights.  For one night, I'd chose the downtown location.  

Amelia Island has several "personalities" so hotel recos will depend on what you like/want.  As I said to @Momof3gurlz, I'd pick something in the downtown area for just one night.  The Hampton is the only regular hotel there but there are several B&Bs in historic homes if that's your thing.  That's best for a quaint, historic area with lots of eating/shopping/etc.

There are a few more chain hotels (Hampton Inn, Residence Inn, Home2Suites, Comfort Suites,  Courtyard by Marriott) near the biggest public beach areas if you prefer to stay near the beach (but not directly on it).  You'll find some on Sadler Road, and a couple on Atlantic Avenue.  There are also some local hotels and B&Bs in those areas that seem nice from the outside (Seaside Amelia Inn, Elizabeth Point Lodge, Amelia Hotel at the Beach), but we haven't stayed at any of them.  

There are also two large/expensive resorts on the island...The Omni and the Ritz Carlton.  Both are great with nice pools, restaurants, spa, golf, etc. but not cheap, so probably not your best bet for 1 night.

Finally, there are a lot of Condos/AirBnBs available.  Many are right on the beach, but you may have a hard time finding a place for 1 night.  

The island is relatively small, about 13 miles long by less than 4 miles wide.  No matter where you stay, you're just a short drive to anywhere else on the island.

Thank you, very helpful.  Not really B&B people, have done and probably will again in the right spot, see hotels as more of a decent place to sleep and be a home base, especially this trip.

First booster shots are starting to roll out here (we were way behind the UK & US with to vaccinations due to lack of supply).  Daughter had her booster today.  She is the only one of her many friends and work colleagues in their 20s in Sydney that hasn’t tested positive to the new variant. Her personal trainer cancelled her session yesterday due to testing positive too.  

• Like 5