Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 The garden talk yesterday inspired me to order the seeds I needed.  I ordered the Cherokee Purple tomato seeds from a place I have never ordered from.  I hope that works out because that is one of my top two favorite tomatoes.

Kenzie was just over for awhile.  Caden and Aubrey are spending the night.  Kenzie is coming back tomorrow and will spend some time while their mom and go out to eat.  We haven’t been with them since we got back from the cruise.  

Sorry I didnt get to your post last night about garden stuff.    I'm in zone 6a or 6b, right on border where I live.   Last frost date online says may 1st but is rare.  I usually plant some of my garden the first week of may.  Green beans I always start early.  

I probably am a bit early to start seeds so will wait another week or two.  But fun to plan.

I am not familiar with core gardening.  Read a little about online today and sounds like something I would like to try.  I will have plenty of compost ready to go by May and I always buy some manure and add to my soil every spring.   Do you use straw for your base layer?

Who do you order seeds from?  I usually order from Burpee.  I Definitely want to try Delicious and Black Krim.

Have a fun sleepover😍

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

OK…I just have to chime in with my totally gross moment!

Our flight Atlanta-Gatwick was delayed a couple of hours. We arrived Gatwick after 10am and were flying to Nairobi that evening, so we got a room at the Holiday Inn near the airport for a nap and were taking the Express to Victoria Station for some shopping. 
I took a shower, Dick was already asleep. 
I got into bed, turned on my side, put my hand under my pillow and encountered a soggy Kleenex. 
I’m sure everybody within 20 miles heard me screaming. 
So no nap for us. But that was ok. We were both wide awake. 
I still regret not complaining when we checked out, but I didn’t want to think about it again. 
I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn again, though. 

Last time I stayed at a holiday inn the desk clerk looked exactly like Charles Manson .

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Greg,did you see the BAFTA nominations ? I was surprised by those not nominated and by some who were.

Yes I did and there are some parallels to the SAG awards. I’m torn on who I will vote for best outstanding cast which SAG’s equivalent to best picture. I really liked “Don’t look up.” House of Gucci was great too and I think Lady Gaga has a real chance at best actress. Licorice Pizza was far fetched for me but I could see where the judges may really like it. A lot of the films I’ve screened so far I found to be boring. Also interesting is that more than 3 were in black and white.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you use straw for your base layer?

Who do you order seeds from?  I usually order from Burpee.  I Definitely want to try Delicious and Black Krim.

I grow a lot of my veggies in 4ft by 8ft raised beds.  In the middle I dig a 1ft wide ditch the whole 8ft length.  I fill the ditch with 10 inches of straw and top with 2 inches of dirt.  At first you heavily water the core.  It’s called loading. Once loaded the core will reload when it rains. The core is like a sponge.  When needed, the water wicks out to the rest of the bed.  Last year when I added a couple beds I didn’t have enough straw so I added mulched leaves which worked fine.  By the end of the year the core turns to a nice compost.

My go to place I order seeds from is Migardener.  $2 per pack and free shipping if you order 7 or more packs.  Right now he has both Delicious and Black Krim.  He also has some very good videos on gardening.  They did not have Cherokee Purple so I ordered them from Ohio Heirloom Seeds. First time from them.  I also found a new one I am going to try, Orange Kentucky Beefsteak tomato.

The kids are enjoying a Disney Channel Movie with popcorn!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

In 1990, I interviewed for a job working in the IT dept at UPS. Sames thing as you, they offered me a job but told me I needed to shave my beard.  I was okay with that but the deal breaker was no eating or drinking at the desk either. Not even a cup of coffee.  I was a coffee addict at the time so I turned down the job. It helped that I had 2 other job offers at the same time, for less money, but at least I could keep my beard and drink coffee at my desk.

I did consulting work for UPS.  The work was fine, but I hated going there for meetings.  Our office was business casual, but I had to wear a suit, pantyhose and heels for the day.  Yuck!  My older son has been working from home for almost 2 years, he transferred offices 19 months ago and has never been in the building!  He works in sweats and t-shirts.  At some point they will go back in.  That will be a shock.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ATG said:

I did consulting work for UPS.  The work was fine, but I hated going there for meetings.  Our office was business casual, but I had to wear a suit, pantyhose and heels for the day.  Yuck!  My older son has been working from home for almost 2 years, he transferred offices 19 months ago and has never been in the building!  He works in sweats and t-shirts.  At some point they will go back in.  That will be a shock.

UPS has a weird hierarchy. UPS, FedEx, and all the delivery services have a MOU with the state of CA, that they will hold plant material for inspection. As an ag inspector we are always at odds, because they want to deliver packages, and we want to inspect them. We go in there with a dog and an inspector every morning. 

The loaders fill the trucks, and then the drivers all come out of their meeting room in their brown coveralls and sunglasses and go to their respective vehicles. The whole thing kind of reminded me of "Top Gun". LOL  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 6

So I know people complain a lot about RCI customer service but I had a great experience today. I had a cruise booked on Harmony which was a lift and shift. However, I much prefer sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. So today I called to transfer the booking to Allure. All it took was 10 minutes to make the change, transfer my deposit, and kept the same booking number so I could keep the double points promotion and still covered by CWC from when I initially booked. The whole process was completely painless. And it is costing me less for 8 days on Allure than the lift and shift for 7 days on Harmony was costing.

Sometimes customer service works really well.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I did and there are some parallels to the SAG awards. I’m torn on who I will vote for best outstanding cast which SAG’s equivalent to best picture. I really liked “Don’t look up.” House of Gucci was great too and I think Lady Gaga has a real chance at best actress. Licorice Pizza was far fetched for me but I could see where the judges may really like it. A lot of the films I’ve screened so far I found to be boring. Also interesting is that more than 3 were in black and white.

I did not think “Don’t Look Up” was that good,definitely not Oscar Worthy.I thought Lost Daughter was pretty good and Olivia Coleman gave a very good performance.The Oscar nominations will be announced Tuesday.I believe there may be 2 females in the Director Category.

A movie theater in NY screens movies with as many Oscar nominations as possible as far as acting and directing.They have a contest every year to pick the winners for Best Picture,Director,Actress and Actor.I always enter.

The prize is 5 tickets .I have won several times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

I board the Majestic Princess tomorrow for three weeks! 🎉  Same itinerary each week, but I don't care....I'll be on a cruise ship! 🥂

Lucky you!  That will be a lot of fun!  It was really nice meeting you on the Navigator.  I have a couple pictures to share with you.  Just wondering how I can get it to you….

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Maybe this will answer your question a little better. I have usually taken most of what he says with a big grain of salt. That is why I would usually just scroll past his comments. Unfortunately when someone else quotes him and I read that persons post then I see his comments.

A phycologist for 26 years? 🤣🤣🤣 He also mentioned about working some place until he was 53 and was laid off. The only person that worked there for 25 years got a gold watch or something along that line. Maybe the job below is where he worked until he was 53. He also worked for a friend I think it was for 10 years. The numbers don’t add up. This is the first time he has ever mentioned being a phycologist let alone for 26 years. 🤣🤣🤣🤣  There are so many other instances, but I’ll leave it at that.

OB:I graduated high school in 1961 and had the opportunity to spend the summer working for a newspaper.I spent the next 4 years going to college and working summers and part time in the publishing field for a newspaper and a magazine.After graduating college in 1965 I worked in Law Enforcement for 6 years.I next worked in the Industrial Psychology field for 25 years while going for additional studies in college.I was downsized 6 weeks short of 25 years.My next job was as an Industrial Psychologist for one year.My last job was working with my friends Advertising Promotions Business.We represented Medical Doctors and hospitals in RI,VT,CT and NY.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

UPS has a weird hierarchy. UPS, FedEx, and all the delivery services have a MOU with the state of CA, that they will hold plant material for inspection. As an ag inspector we are always at odds, because they want to deliver packages, and we want to inspect them. We go in there with a dog and an inspector every morning. 

The loaders fill the trucks, and then the drivers all come out of their meeting room in their brown coveralls and sunglasses and go to their respective vehicles. The whole thing kind of reminded me of "Top Gun". LOL  :classic_biggrin:

Brown coveralls?

Our UPS drivers have worn shorts for years! Never long pants. 
Is Florida the only state with that dress code?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Brown coveralls?

Our UPS drivers have worn shorts for years! Never long pants. 
Is Florida the only state with that dress code?

Shorts in summer. Coveralls in winter Mimi. It is colder here. Last time I was in the UPS warehouse/station it was in December. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin: It has been averaging 38 and 42 here. It is cold in northern California! It is supposed to get up to 68 on Sunday, so I can spray weeds. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

Once we reached Shelley Beach, we continued on to the walk that heads to North Head. We turned around and re-traced our steps before we actually reached North Head but the walk gave us  views of the Northern Beaches coastline and there were plenty of native flowers.

ACBA9477-1D55-49AD-BBBC-BE28999CDC7E.jpeg

2B47023E-6DB1-46CB-A199-AF8D5478B3F1.jpeg

022FD9F8-5BE3-496B-9A0F-866239F489C3.jpeg

D7AA7213-B538-4C67-BDF0-1ECA86A5776B.jpeg

F3CA9A88-6CAD-4679-91E7-72A3D0930126.jpeg

6BAB1F3A-705C-4C90-9575-71C23A1D813A.jpeg

C61BF9D1-96D9-430D-9F4C-3B124DBD78D7.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Lucky you!  That will be a lot of fun!  It was really nice meeting you on the Navigator.  I have a couple pictures to share with you.  Just wondering how I can get it to you….

Hi Helen!  Hi Marty!  It was great meeting you guys also.  Hope to see you again soon.  Email me at my screen name at yahoo dot com.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

They have a lot of Bottlebrush and Proteas in Australia. Have a wonderful time on your cruises Pat! Bon Voyage! :classic_smile: I hope you have the most wonderful time on Princess. :classic_biggrin:

Thank you Patti.  I have several FCC's to use from cancelled cruises.  RCCL is definitely my first choice and so glad they are back on the West coast.  Hope to see you on a future cruise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Thank you Patti.  I have several FCC's to use from cancelled cruises.  RCCL is definitely my first choice and so glad they are back on the West coast.  Hope to see you on a future cruise.

A lot of CC'ers are on April 27th for the 5 night. (And there is even a roll call) Of course, they are all doing multiple B2B's. We can't, if Bobby is still with us. Too many pills for mom's cat. :classic_smile:

• Like 2