Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, they are excellent [if judging by my son being employed there...😉].

There was always a very "fine line" regarding El Al security measures, which are very restrict. Not every country understands the perils....

As I understand now from the latest news, UAE "thinks" that the number of security people employed on Dubai's airport is too high....

That’s too bad.  It’s almost as if it’s starting to sound political with all the changes in the world this past year. ☹️

is there anyway to switch to Emarits or fly Dubai? 

1 minute ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

is there anyway to switch to Emarits or fly Dubai? 

Noooo, it's going to be "tit for tat" -- if UAE is stopping our flights, we'll stop theirs...😠

BTW, forgot to mention that even arriving a few kilometers before the airport, there is a check point looking at every car and taxi prior to letting them continue...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Cruise in the lead time but IMO this actor is too young and too pretty.  If I could choose someone to play Jack Reacher it would be Liev Schreiber of Ray Donovan fame.  Big, menacing and no nonsense.   

At 8 am we pulled into Margaritaville figuring we could at least park and maybe sit by the pool.  At check in, I apologized for us being so early and gave a brief explanation.  The wonderful young woman immediately upgraded us to an ocean view suite (from our king balcony) and the room was ready right away.  Just amazing service and so appreciated.  This is our home for the next 4 nights and I ain’t complaining!

We're only in season 2 of Ray Donovan but I get what you mean with Liev Schreiber.  I don't think he's large enough to match what's written in the books.  I think Reacher in the books is 6'5" tall and about 250 pounds of muscle.  From the previews that I've seen (off to start watching tonight), the actor that they chose is pretty close to that.  Certainly better than Tom Cruise.

Very nice that you got the room upgrade.  Ocean view for 4 days is a big deal for me!  I don't know if it's too late since you've already checked in, but look into the Margaritaville Perks program.  We stayed at a Compass hotel near Ana Maria Island that's part of Margaritaville so I joined the Perks program.  No cost to join.  They gave us 2 free drinks and a $50 resort credit.  

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're only in season 2 of Ray Donovan but I get what you mean with Liev Schreiber.  I don't think he's large enough to match what's written in the books.  I think he's 6'5" tall and about 250 pounds of muscle.  From the previews that I've seen (off to start watching tonight), the actor that they chose is pretty close to that.  Certainly better than Tom Cruise.

Very nice that you got the room upgrade.  Ocean view for 4 days is a big deal for me!  I don't know if it's too late since you've already checked in, but look into the Margaritaville Perks program.  We stayed at a Compass hotel near Ana Maria Island that's part of Margaritaville so I joined the Perks program.  No cost to join.  They gave us 2 free drinks and a $50 resort credit.  

I’m watching REACHER now.  It’s great casting for the main character.  I just could get into it with Tom Cruise.  He was the wrong actor for the character.  Just like he was awful as Lestat in Interview with a vampire.  

• Like 3

Debbie, definitely speak to your MIL’s new neighbors.  Just give them facts you think they should know and see what happens.  I had an aunt that my mom used to say all she did was complain she was dying from the time they were young.  She outlived all her siblings and was 102 when she died! 
I guess these type of people are just looking for attention.  Maybe your MIL needs a pet😃

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Noooo, it's going to be "tit for tat" -- if UAE is stopping our flights, we'll stop theirs...😠

BTW, forgot to mention that even arriving a few kilometers before the airport, there is a check point looking at every car and taxi prior to letting them continue...

I am so sorry that this happening to you.  Hugs

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really get frustrated when I push "submit reply" and what I took the time to write gets sucked into a black hole.

This has worked for me in the past. Refresh your page then click inside the box where you write a new post. Your previous edit should pop on and you should see a prompt that says your previous edit has been restored. It has worked for me hopefully it will work for you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I just went to clean the snow off the front stairs and look who I found sleeping in the sun.

We are off to hockey in a couple minutes. Second game for Owen since the latest lockdown measures were lessened. 

696D044C-E4C6-495F-8CE0-E52482BC1221.thumb.jpeg.127958eb363ddcbf06694dbe55fc9a80.jpeg

Lucy knows all the best spots.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I stand a better chance of winning the lottery than I do of getty Mrs. OB on a world cruise.

It would be easy to get my wife on a world cruise if she could take her cats with her and of course need that lottery to pay for it . 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Wow, I’ve missed a lot in a day or so.  Will try to touch base with everything here but not do I have a story to share myself!

@Sea Dog sorry you’re in so much pain without your anti inflammatory meds!  Hang in there - the finish line is in sight and it’ll be worth it. 
@reallyitsmemasorry to hear of the water/driveway issues after you waited so long to get it done. 
@dani negreanui truly hope last minute issues don’t ruin your trip!

@lenquixote66stay here with us Lenny.  Everyone has something to contribute on this thread and we’re not all going to agree all the time, but that’s okay in my book.  
We watched the first episode of Reacher last night.  Definitely an improvement over Tom Cruise in the lead time but IMO this actor is too young and too pretty.  If I could choose someone to play Jack Reacher it would be Liev Schreiber of Ray Donovan fame.  Big, menacing and no nonsense.   
So our plan was to check out of the Ft Lauderdale air bnb today & move to Margaritaville Resort on Hollywood Beach.  Around 3:45 am this morning I was awakened my loud arguing in the unit below us.  We were in what I’d call the guest house on a property in a very nice area.  The arguing quickly escalated to screaming, glass breaking and I’m pretty sure furniture was being tossed around.  The building was shaking.  This went on for about 30 minutes before one of them left and drove away.  Thank God we had packed most of our stuff last night. We quickly dressed, cleaned up as expected (used linens in hamper, trash emptied, etc) and got the hell out of there around 4:30 am.  We just drove around, down to a deserted Miami Beach.  Thought we might catch sunrise somewhere but we were too rattled to park & walk to a beach.  We finally found an open Starbucks, got coffee and sat in a marina parking lot.  At 8 am we pulled into Margaritaville figuring we could at least park and maybe sit by the pool.  At check in, I apologized for us being so early and gave a brief explanation.  The wonderful young woman immediately upgraded us to an ocean view suite (from our king balcony) and the room was ready right away.  Just amazing service and so appreciated.  This is our home for the next 4 nights and I ain’t complaining!

F1231729-C157-42C7-902E-E36ADFE20132.jpeg

65EB0939-E0F6-4A6B-A308-FE8B8C8CC33F.jpeg

Oh my, that airbnb sounds like a hot mess!    Will you posting a review about it?

Everything happens for a reason, Now you have a beautiful view, upgraded suite and will be well taken care of the resort🤩 and to top it off looks like you should have great weather for the rest of your trip.       ENJOY to the fullest😍

How are the babies (newborn and 3 yr old) back home feeling?    

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Prior to Covid I would go

to movies about twice a month.

But now where I live people don’t mask at all during the movie and I just can’t enjoy the movie. It makes me sad that I can’t go to the movies any more 

We've only been twice since March 2020.

The times we have gone we've picked quiet days/times like 4pm on a Monday. Roughly 40% of people were wearing masks but most people including us took them off once seated.  Masks aren't compulsory indoors now in England. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We binge watched the REACHER series on Prime yesterday and this morning.  I liked it, but now I have a long wait till season 2.  I told Susan we should only watch one episode a week to make it last longer.  That lasted about as long as the credits.

We started watching Reacher yesterday.  So far we've seen 4 episodes. The guy who plays Reacher sure is big !!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Can't do without some drama and palpitations... I was worried about passing the PCR test tomorrow, but now another, bigger worry, just "landed".

The Dubai authorities don't like the security measures taken in all the Israeli airplanes, and decided to stop the flights between Israel and Dubai on Tuesday, one day before our flight...

I'm too old for this.

😲 Oh no, thats awful. So sorry to hear this. I hope they resolve this PDQ

Catching up again !

@Sunshine3601Iagree with other posters’ advice about your MIL’s neighbor.

I would speak with him/her as to her situation and ability to understand ramifications of suggestions,even though they may be well intentioned.

@Momof3gurlz You got a very good resolution of your accommodation issue. Enjoy the beautiful ocean and view at the hotel. Sitting on that balcony must feel that you have started your cruise- well,almost !

Dani- Hoping your travel plans get fixed so you can enjoy your get -away. You deserve a vacation ! We all deserve a vacation, come to think of it.

Lenny- Please return to posting. 

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

If the new neighbor is being nice and trying to help your MIL - in essence looking out for her - then you should talk with them.  They need to know what they are dealing with, otherwise, their "help" will be counter-productive. And you have 2 examples listed in your post - the smart TV & space heaters.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, definitely speak to your MIL’s new neighbors.  Just give them facts you think they should know and see what happens.  I had an aunt that my mom used to say all she did was complain she was dying from the time they were young.  She outlived all her siblings and was 102 when she died! 
I guess these type of people are just looking for attention.  Maybe your MIL needs a pet😃

The new neighbor moved in December 3 doors down.     I was thinking Eric and I will go introduce ourselves to her tomorrow and start off thanking her for checking in with her and leave her our phone numbers and casually mention that if Eric's Mom asks for anything to be ordered to ask that she call us before ordering.     And take it from there.     

Marietta, exactly as you have said about your Aunt is what we have said about Eric's Mom.    Eric has been telling for years she will out live everybody.     She had 1 Brother and 2 Sisters that have all passed away in the last 20 yrs.      When Eric was kid she used to watch the TV show Dr. Marcus Welby and every week she had whatever was aired on the show.    She still does that stuff nowadays with various tv shows/doctor shows.    

When we left there this morning we told her she needs to call Verizon (her phone and cable company) and ask them how much to install internet and monthly fee for internet before she cancels her cable TV.     Told her it could end costing about the same.   I just don't see her being able to use streaming service.     Too stubborn and cranky to teach the dog new tricks!!! is what I said to Eric as we were pulling out of her driveway.   

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 6