Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I watch NCIS (the original version) and think the same thing whenever they show a city street scene.  It looks exactly like a studio lot and not at all like an actual city street.  I will then see the same city street scene in another show...likely shot at the same studio location.  Suspension of disbelief I guess.

That’s like the show “The Alienist” on TNT, they built a Victorian era NYC sets in either Romania or Bulgaria to film the show.  It seems it’s actually a lot cheaper to do that than to film it here in the states.  

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I never finished Breaking Bad.  Never got past the midway point of the first season.  Everyone told me to push thru because it gets better from there, but I never did.  Still, Micheline and I were talking the other day about the parallels between Ozark and Breaking Bad.  Basically good people who get caught up in a "small" criminal situation while trying to do right in life, and that criminal situation gets a lot bigger.  I do know that Walter in Breaking Bad turns into a badass by the end of the show.  I'm wondering if the same will happen with Marty and Wendy, i.e. they take full control of the cartel.

I think that Wendy is the one that’s turning into more of a ruthless badass than Marty.   He seems to still have a some hesitation when doing things that affect other people directly, where she has lost all compassion.   

• Like 5

I was just informed that the bird feeders are running low. Mr “ front porch squirrel “ sits on bench and makes noise on glass to get my attention. Sometimes “ the cat” stares him down. 

But the cat has her own concerns today. 

71A364A4-B853-4776-A0B1-E74329A8B594.jpeg

FB64E0B4-92FD-4E91-8041-039E17F5E50F.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I watch NCIS (the original version) and think the same thing whenever they show a city street scene.  It looks exactly like a studio lot and not at all like an actual city street.  I will then see the same city street scene in another show...likely shot at the same studio location.  Suspension of disbelief I guess.

Lost, and Hawaii 5-0 constantly used the exact same locations, it is particularly bad when H50 kept finding dead people in the same spots.  If I was them I would have just posted some police there and they could have had time to go surfing.  

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 50°F and cloudy this morning with a light drizzle of rain in North East England.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone is well and have a great day.

Graham.

46F here in North East Florida!! 
and expecting drizzling rain till noon. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

just sayin….

I agree. It makes for a disconnect as I'm am so familiar with the Ozarks region.

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The show Reacher supposedly takes place in Georgia but it was actually filmed in Canada.

Kind of like all the Hallmark Christmas movies are filmed in Canada but are set in towns in the US. Cheaper production costs in Canada than US.

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

And Ozarks is less about the Ozarks and more about big city criminals moving to a rural tourist destination. 

Once I accepted this it made the show a lot easier to watch.

10 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Same message goes for @Sea Dog.  You'll be good as new.  Praying for doctor's skillful hands.

Thank you that means a lot to me.

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nothing planned for today.

Graham.

Sometimes those are the best days. Have a relaxing day. Cheers Graham.

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

@Sea Doghope all goes well with your op tomorrow.

Focus on the positive and all those long walks with your lovely pups that you will be able to do

Sue

Thank you Sue. I am looking forward to be able to go on long walks with the puppies.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Greg, I’m a day early but like many have said good luck tomorrow.  I’m interested to follow along the process as my mom needs a replacement as well. As OB has said it will be a great change for your mobility and it will be for my mom when it happens. It will go great tomorrow. 

Thanks Andrew. I will posting updates not to get sympathy but more to educate those who might be interested in the robotic surgery and process. Looking forward to being able to walk with you on the Bella cruise.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea Dog Greg, before I start my day, I wanted to wish you super luck for tomorrow's surgery.  In no time at all you'll be chasing your sweet pups all over the house with no pain.  Something wonderful to look forward to.

Thank Bonnie. Nervous but looking forward to finally getting this done. I have in pain for more than 5 years. I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Doctor knows best.  @Sea Dog - Are you up bright and early tomorrow for the surgery?  

Thank you Bob. I have to be there at 8:30 with surgery at 10:30. I probably will not sleep tonight with nervous anticipation. We will be up early to get the pups up and fed and hopefully doing their business so we can crate them for 3-4 hours.  Linda can't stay so she will come back home and then visit me later after I have been checked into my room after surgery. It will be the first time we have crated them by themselves for that long of a period. Hopefully they will be  ok.

I never finished Breaking Bad. 

You need to finish it. It is so good. I too was not at a fan at first. I thought it was too dark. It was also kind of slow. Boy does it pick up. It's by far the best series I have ever watched.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

Continued prayers and support for your surgery tomorrow.

The day before is always full of anxiety, and tomorrow between everything happening, and all the drugs, you won't know what planet you are on.

It is so worth it.

Please do not worry about a thing.

Physicians and surgery centers have this under control.

Take care and update us when you can.

On the Bella cruise we can start a new group event.

The "Greg" walk-a-thon.

or  A few laps on the trak.

We should after all of the ETOH it sounds like we will be consuming!!!

Take care.

Thank you so much Sue. Your words comfort me and you are so right. I will not know what planet I am on. I'll try to post after my surgery when I can. If my words and spelling don't make sense you will know why, Oxycontin!

Lol on the group event. The "greg' walk-a-thon sounds hilarious. Not sure what ETOH stands for but it must involve drinking which I'm very good at.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well it's 24 hours from surgery time. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes, encouragement and support. It means everything to me and I consider all of you family. I will be posting hopefully my process, recovery and rehab not to get any sympathy but to educate anyone who may be thinking of getting knee replacement and the robotic system.

IMG_7840.thumb.jpg.f22455077d280bdfe9e5df5acbb776db.jpg

So I figure I would take a pre surgery pic of my leg and knee since it will not look like this in 24 hours. Someone asked me how I felt about having a scared knee and leg. I replied "hell if it means no pain... my leg can be as ugly, as I am too old to care about being beautiful.

Dr. sent his daily text. says I can't have any alcohol today so bummer no bourbon for me. No food or drink after midnight too. Not sure how hungry I'll be after surgery. Maybe I can loose my cruise/holiday weight that I gained. I know the pain meds will curb my appetite. I am going to have sushi for lunch with a longtime dear friend and former band mate who had his knee replaced. It will be good getting advice over some spicy crab salad and an assortment of rolls.

Cheers everyone. Let's do this!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Who watched Below Deck Reunion last night.  Who thinks Rayna needs a big time out!

We watched and I have no respect for Rayna at all. She slinging mud at Eddie was uncalled for. Heather took the high road and I don't know why fans fault her. I'd like to see her return for next season. I also did not understand Jess trying to say that Heather tried to pressure her. That was not her intention. She was trying to help her not be miserable. What I am most interested in is how many more seasons will Captain Lee do? He really looked older in this season. I know his health issues and the loss of his son have weighed heavy on him. Do you think Eddie would take over? I don't know if he has the charisma that Capt. Lee has. One things for sure Rayna will never be back and I don't think there is a Captain in the world that would hire her for all her toxicity.

• Like 2

Captain Lee was definitely off.  He did not seem to support Eddie at all.  Jake would have added some fun to the reunion, they should have waited for him😊Jess just did not want to be there.

Rachel was pretty quiet also.  I liked how Rayna loved everyone until she didn’t.  Very confused young woman.

anyway, enjoy today as best you can and in a few weeks you will be running all over town!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it's 24 hours from surgery time. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes,

Add me to the list of people wishing you well.

Every person I know that had knee surgery/replacement has told me they wish they had done it sooner. Fortunately, I'm not in any need just yet.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I was just informed that the bird feeders are running low. Mr “ front porch squirrel “ sits on bench and makes noise on glass to get my attention. Sometimes “ the cat” stares him down. 

But the cat has her own concerns today. 

71A364A4-B853-4776-A0B1-E74329A8B594.jpeg

FB64E0B4-92FD-4E91-8041-039E17F5E50F.jpeg

I have a few squirrels that will let me know when the peanuts or bird seed is gone from the three bird/squirrel feeders that are attached to my glass doors.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yuengling is a little like Disney in that they control supply to manage demand...smart strategy.  I like it and will often order it on tap.  I think it's a good beer, not a great beer.  I'll certainly choose it over a basic Bud/Miller/Coors.  I was going to say just the opposite about their light beer.  I think it has more taste than the other light beers.  But I agree that they all taste like water.  My preferred "light" beer right now is Bell's Light Hearted Ale.  It's a Lo Cal IPA that at least has some IPA taste to it.  I put light in quotes because it has a few more calories and carbs than most light beers, which is what it probably still has some taste.

FB_IMG_1644262205224.jpg.83da7c8883f370350dfc661fd46fc245.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it's 24 hours from surgery time. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes, encouragement and support. It means everything to me and I consider all of you family. I will be posting hopefully my process, recovery and rehab not to get any sympathy but to educate anyone who may be thinking of getting knee replacement and the robotic system.

So I figure I would take a pre surgery pic of my leg and knee since it will not look like this in 24 hours. Someone asked me how I felt about having a scared knee and leg. I replied "hell if it means no pain... my leg can be as ugly, as I am too old to care about being beautiful.

Dr. sent his daily text. says I can't have any alcohol today so bummer no bourbon for me. No food or drink after midnight too. Not sure how hungry I'll be after surgery. Maybe I can loose my cruise/holiday weight that I gained. I know the pain meds will curb my appetite. I am going to have sushi for lunch with a longtime dear friend and former band mate who had his knee replaced. It will be good getting advice over some spicy crab salad and an assortment of rolls.

Looking forward to the updates and the particulars of the robot surgery.   I’m sure you’ll pull through with flying colors.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Captain Lee was definitely off.  He did not seem to support Eddie at all.  Jake would have added some fun to the reunion, they should have waited for him😊Jess just did not want to be there.

Rachel was pretty quiet also.  I liked how Rayna loved everyone until she didn’t.  Very confused young woman.

anyway, enjoy today as best you can and in a few weeks you will be running all over town!

Reunions via Zoom are just not the same as having them in one room.  Captain Lee did not answer the question as to whether he would have Eddie back, that was interesting.  Rachel seemed to be biting her tongue all night.  I am so over Rayna and hope they never have her on the show again.  If they do, they need to hold her responsible for her actions and make her actually do her job.  I agree they should have waited until Jake could attend the reunion as he was involved in so much.

Below Deck Sailing Yacht is coming soon and the commercials look interesting.  A lot of the prior crew are there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Who watched Below Deck Reunion last night?  Who thinks Rayna needs a big time out!
NO ALCOHOL, worst part of an operation!  Good luck🤞🙏

I watched. I just can't stand Rayna. I think I will not elaborate.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We didn't see Lee critiquing Eddie during the season. I don't know why he saved it for the reunion. Eddie looked like he was surprised by what Lee was saying.

Personally, I think Lee looks ill. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for your operation tomorrow Greg.

Graham & Pauline.

• Like 3

Squirrels pop up here on occasion so I thought I would share a squirrel pic 🐿.  These two squirrels have been around our house since 1983!  I used to get into woodburning.  This was one of my favorites.  After showing this to Caden a couple days ago, I am going to order another burner and teach Caden.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a25d3177b00f86b41ac6090940195de3.jpeg

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Squirrels pop up here on occasion so I thought I would share a squirrel pic 🐿.  These two squirrels have been around our house since 1983!  I used to get into woodburning.  This was one of my favorites.  After showing this to Caden a couple days ago, I am going to order another burner and teach Caden.  

Very impressive.  You've got talent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

Just watched the academy awards nominations, surprised with all the nominations for Power of the dog , 4 nominations just for acting, it is a very interesting movie.

I apparently have some movies I have to watch.    Eric has seen some of the nominated movies but I am far behind.   I never even heard of Power of the Dog movie until this morning.

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Very Nice!   I am Impressed🤩  I am sure Caden would really appreciate you teaching him.    I cannot wait to see his amazing artwork!

• Like 3