Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Don't leave us hanging Mimi.  What's the largest?  Georgia (by area)?  NY (by population)?

Georgia is the largest. Yes, based on area. Again, just east of the Mississippi. 
Based on population, Florida is 3rd largest in the country, behind California and Texas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I live in Florida and I'm one of them.  I just had to Google a time zone map to confirm that you weren't messing with me.  You would have taken a lot of drinks from me in a bar bet with that.  

Do you know China had one std time even though it spans 5 time zones

• Like 3

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Would you believe that I never watched any of the NCIS shows ?

I believe it. Me neither.  Nor did I ever watch the show that it was a spin-off of: "JAG".

Never saw an episode of any of the Chicago MED/FIRE/PD series and only watch the first season of the original Law & Order.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Georgia is the largest. Yes, based on area. Again, just east of the Mississippi. 
Based on population, Florida is 3rd largest in the country, behind California and Texas. 

How about Michigan?

Screenshot_20220209-093856_Google.thumb.jpg.b5e40633f3c7a7c0111fa170055cfab6.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-093750_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16abc44a6e41b3cc6e26f3bd152f063c.jpg

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you know China had one std time even though it spans 5 time zones

Yup, all based off time in Beijing.  It must be really rough for all those in the western part of the country.  Much darker mornings and a lot more light in the night. ☹️
Did you know that Newfoundland is in a +/- 30 minute time zone?  Along with a few countries.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Lenny.

Sending prayers for Toby that she is okay and is able to get her confidence back to drive soon.

Best wishes for you both.

Graham.

@lenquixote66

Lenny,

I am sorry to hear about Toby and your car. I am glad Toby is alright.

It seems like your original post was removed and I missed it. But thanks to Graham quoting it in his reply, I was able to read it. Hope Toby is calm now.

And thank you Graham for quoting it.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Yup, all based off time in Beijing.  It must be really rough for all those in the western part of the country.  Much darker mornings and a lot more light in the night. ☹️
Did you know that Newfoundland is in a +/- 30 minute time zone?  Along with a few countries.

Guam is the first US territory to experience the daily sunrise

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

What do you expect new foundland is full of Newfies?  Just joking.  😇

Oh yeah, all the Newfie jokes.  LOL   Lots of my family is on Cape Breton Island, NS.  Just south of Newfoundland.

Its kind of funny, but sad too, that as my mom gets older and with all the chemo, pain meds and Alzheimer’s slowly setting it, she will tell a story from her childhood with some really bad Newfie joke in it with a Newfie accent.  Which is weird since she has lived in the US since she was 18 and doesn’t normally sound like her brothers or sisters.  Funny how the mind works as we get older and filled with chemicals. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby was driving to the Medical building to pick me up from Parkinsons Therapy.

She lost control of the car and drove into the brick wall of the building.

She is okay physically but mentally she is a wreck.

The car was totaled.The police,the Fire dept and EMT’s came to the site .

We had no way of getting home .I called a friend of mine who posts on CC .He came for us and took us home.

CC people are great .

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@lenquixote66

Lenny,

I am sorry to hear about Toby and your car. I am glad Toby is alright.

It seems like your original post was removed and I missed it. But thanks to Graham quoting it in his reply, I was able to read it. Hope Toby is calm now.

And thank you Graham for quoting it.

Original post is still there. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea Dog I just wanted to drop you a quick note this morning wishing you well today. I understand the anxiety that patients experience but knee replacements are a very rourine procedure. You will end today much better than how you are starting this day. Give the pups a hug then go get this joint fixed. See you in the other end.🙂

Plus # n. 😁

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Smallest in the continental US or smallest total?  I would have guessed that Hawaii is smaller, although the Big Island is kinda, well...big.

And when did they stop calling it The Big Island and start calling it Hawaii Island?

Did that originate in Hawaii, or was it AP or some other medium that began doing it?

12 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

It’s also surprising the number of people that don’t know that Florida has two time zones. 😏

12 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Yup, the major part of Florida that borders Georgia is eastern time zone, the part of the panhandle bordering Alabama is central time zone.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I live in Florida and I'm one of them.  I just had to Google a time zone map to confirm that you weren't messing with me.  You would have taken a lot of drinks from me in a bar bet with that.  

There are half-a-dozen states that are in both Central & Mountain time from North Dakota all the way down to Texas.

What surprised me recently was that Tennessee is split in half between Eastern and Central time zones. I didn't realize that until I drive thru recently and passed a sign that said "Entering Central Time zone". Took a good 45 minutes for my cell phone clock to sync up with the new time. I guess it was still pinging off cell phone towers in the Eastern Time Zone?

• Like 1

Did you know that Hawaii and most Arizona do not observe Daylight Saving Time? 

Hawaii makes sense, it doesn't matter since the sun rises and sets the same time every day. But Arizona - it's got to be odd that sometimes your clocks line up with Pacific time zone & others with Mountain. Then again, nobody is complaining so maybe it's not that odd. 

• Like 1

Whew, finally caught up again! I had Covid last week and got behind on reading this thread, and it moves so fast! I’m fine now other than the lingering fatigue, which is rough. Andrew had symptoms for only 2 days but tested negative, and my husband Brian escaped unscathed.

Best wishes to @Sea Dog this morning! Hope all goes well!

Speaking of surgery, our little rescue kitty Lucy is going to have to have a large bladder stone removed on Friday. You can tell it’s making her so uncomfortable; she’s in her litter box every couple of minutes. I’m so glad we have her now (we adopted her in October) so that we can get this fixed for her and help her feel better.

22A5EE0D-BD3F-43FE-936D-BD34E8DBBE09.jpeg

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 16

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Lenny.

Sending prayers for Toby that she is okay and is able to get her confidence back to drive soon.

Best wishes for you both.

Graham.

Thanks,Graham.My thinking is that we will be using the only Car Service in our town for a while.

• Thanks 1