Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

20220122_034432486.thumb.jpeg.d835c15f9e3870d967adaf49c9ddee1e.jpeg.783d497be655f705d3b4b0aca29fd9ad.jpeg

We're looking after my sons crazy Golden Retriever pup this weekend. Only six months old and total trouble. Our poor Molly is so sweet natured, she let's the pup jump all over her and push her out of her bed . Gary ended up sleeping downstairs with her last night 

20220212_125205.thumb.jpg.52a85bda6157d4c835fe7ad942d8152b.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Where is everyone else???  Reminds me when we went to cape de orso on the Amalfi coast 18 years ago at 8:15PM, and we were the only ones there.  10 courses later, and I realized the place was packed.  We were just dumb American’s eating early.

I thought the same, one of the reasons we rarely go out for my birthday is because the restaurants are packed with valentine couples.

Maybe we should go to Spain next year. Is tge weather warm @grapau27?

Sunbathing weather or sightseeing weather,?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Paragliding is something I wish I had done when I was younger (I did parasailing which was amazing) This afternoon we took our dog to the off leash dog park at Long Reef and then walked up the headland and these two guys were paragliding.  They made it look so relaxing and peaceful.  I could have watched them for ages.  

94F43920-4E89-493E-A3D9-82F46A5F0796.png

171EA36D-60D9-45EE-870B-5EF5882B7F10.png

FF71E4F8-3979-432A-9DD6-F067E3C328E7.png

Oh me too. In my 20s/30s I lived in Sussex and the Sussex Downs/Devils Dyke area had great paragliding. One of my colleagues at work offered to teach me but I never took him up on it, missed opportunity 😢 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Oh me too. In my 20s/30s I lived in Sussex and the Sussex Downs/Devils Dyke area had great paragliding. One of my colleagues at work offered to teach me but I never took him up on it, missed opportunity 😢 

Ooh, I just looked up Sussex Downs/Devils Dyke.  Looks lovely. That’s a shame.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Forgive me for asking this question on Dani’s wonderful thread.  I just wondered if any of our medical professionals here could point me to where to find an answer.  Tonight we were playing bridge with a person who told us they had tested positive on January 31…asymptomatic.  So their doctor told them after 10 days asymptomatic they didn’t need to quarantine.  He is still asymptomatic but tested positive again on February 10.  Doctors say asymptomatic may still test positive for some time.  My question is…is he contagious?  I would say if he’d been in a vacuum since his first exposure maybe his positive result is just the residual from his initial covid…but couldn’t it also mean he’s been reinfected?  I’m trying to find out what to do in this case.  The CDC website doesn’t address this specific issue.  Thanks for any help.

Do you know what kind of test they took on the 10th that was positive?  A PCR test can still pop positive afterward.  Regardless, I'd feel very safe in saying that this person is unlikely to be contagious. And unless they go around licking strangers on a daily basis, I wouldn't be worried about reinfection at this point.

From the CDC website:
Infectiousness peaks around one day before symptom onset and declines within a week of symptom onset, with an average period of infectiousness and risk of transmission between 2-3 days before and 8 days after symptom onset.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@brilloheadWe enjoyed meeting you so much on the Navigator.  

Wish you were on Allure in December 2022 instead of January 2023.  Come with us.  12/11/22

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That should be an easy one.  With Debbi its never an either or question its let's see what I can add on to what I already have booked. 😂

Well, Ken called it!

If I end up with a lucrative enough contract over the summer, I might extend my current six sailings in Oct/Nov another month and join you and Marty!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I'm officially a senior citizen now 🤪 ( well I will be tomorrow)

There are good things though,  I get my first state old age pension this month and my hairdresser gave me 20% off my hair style on Friday 👍

Happy Birthday Sue! :classic_biggrin: It would be awkward and crowded for evenings out, since it is so close to (on?)  Valentine's Day.

But out of curiosity, is your senior pension age there 65? Ours is on a sliding scale, and mine would be 66 and 8 months. :classic_huh: We can start collecting it earlier at a lesser amount, and senior health care (Medicare) kicks in at 65. 

My hairdresser is 10% off at 60. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Happy Birthday Sue! :classic_biggrin: It would be awkward and crowded for evenings out, since it is so close to (on?)  Valentine's Day.

But out of curiosity, is your senior pension age there 65? Ours is on a sliding scale, and mine would be 66 and 8 months. :classic_huh: We can start collecting it earlier at a lesser amount, and senior health care (Medicare) kicks in at 65. 

My hairdresser is 10% off at 60. :classic_biggrin:

Thank you, yes tomorrow on the 14th. Like Lisa I think, a valentines baby .

So in the UK it always use to be 60 for ladies and 65 for men for state pension, but it was  changed to be the same as men but there was a few years of sliding scale. So my friend who is 4 years older than me got hers at 61. Then to add insult to injury then changed it again for everyone to 66, so it's my 66th birthday tomorrow.  You can't take it earlier but you can defer and get more which is what my older brother is doing. 

You can take your company or personal pensions earlier for a lower amount. So I took one of my good company pensions at 64 and my lousy stocks and shares pension six months ago

• Like 4

13 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Heights with a glass floor, or inside protected from falling never bothered me.  Even zip lining doesn’t bother me.  But climbing a ladder to clean the gutters if a second floor, or change the bulb in a two store space will bother me a lot.  I guess because there is the higher chance of falling.  

It's strange for me also.  I've gone skydiving twice and ziplining multiple times without a problem.  I think I may feel confident enough in the equipment not to worry.  I could stand near a window at the top of the Burj Khalifa with only a little bit of worry, but I could not lean on the glass at all, or even touch it.  I would get this feeling that the glass would somehow fall out and I'd fall out right behind it.  Gives me the chills even typing this.  I have an even greater FOMO (fear of missing out) and will always want to do things like North Star or a helicopter tour with the doors off.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

We're looking after my sons crazy Golden Retriever pup this weekend. Only six months old and total trouble. Our poor Molly is so sweet natured, she let's the pup jump all over her and push her out of her bed . Gary ended up sleeping downstairs with her last night 

20220212_125205.thumb.jpg.52a85bda6157d4c835fe7ad942d8152b.jpg

We love Goldens.  This makes me want to get another one so badly.   Must resist...need to travel.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We love Goldens.  This makes me want to get another one so badly.   Must resist...need to travel.  

That is so hard to resist.  We keep saying no more pets.  Then I got Samantha.  We like to travel but really probably won't travel much until protocols are lifted.  We will try out a new house sitter this month for a quick trip to South Florida for a tractor show.  Depending on how it goes we will decide on a trip to the Smokey Mountains.  My husband has a few trips planned for tractor shows and I will go to a fiber show this fall which don't need a house sitter since one of us will stay home.  If we like the Mountains and have a good house sitter we may go back for a longer period of time.  

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I would love to get another Weimaraner. The issue is you can't just look at today's circumstances but have to project 12-15 years down the road which is their typical life span. When I do that I just don't see myself being able to give a new dog the life that I would want to provide it.😔

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would love to get another Weimaraner. The issue is you can't just look at today's circumstances but have to project 12-15 years down the road which is their typical life span. When I do that I just don't see myself being able to give a new dog the life that I would want to provide it.😔

Fully understandable.  I bet you pet many dogs, on any given day, as you see them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Fully understandable.  I bet you pet many dogs, on any given day, as you see them. 

I can't resist a dog. If I see one I'm looking to make friends with it. Really wish I still had mine.

Also, my parent are the only people that I ever left my dog with. I don't know how much longer they would be able to deal with a highly energetic dog.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sunshine3601Debbie, a funny can opener story:  Earlier, I looked all over the kitchen for my can opener, couldn't find it.  Not in the dishwasher, the sink, the cutlery drawer.  It was finally found in my utensil holder where I keep tall spatulas, stuff like that.  At first glance it couldn't be seen. I took everything out to check and there it was.  NOT where it belongs.  Guess who I thought of???

It is so funny how we all remember the can opener lady.     I know I will never forget her and we, too, have lots of laughs about her antics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't resist a dog. If I see one I'm looking to make friends with it. Really wish I still had mine.

Also, my parent are the only people that I ever left my dog with. I don't know how much longer they would be able to deal with a highly energetic dog.

My MIL is the same. She misses her dog, but at her age she doesn’t want to possibly outlive it. She doesn’t want to burden anyone else with a dog if something happened to her. She has also said she doesn’t want to have to start at day one with a puppy.  LOL, she just said the other day that she’s glad she doesn’t have to go out at 6am, in a blizzard, for a washroom break. I understand all she is saying. 

I’m like you.  I’ll stop and pet any dog willing to receive some rubs. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Maryann,  I'm officially a senior citizen now 🤪 ( well I will be tomorrow)

There are good things though,  I get my first state old age pension this month and my hairdresser gave me 20% off my hair style on Friday 👍

Happy Birthday, Sue. 
People born in February are special!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Maryann,  I'm officially a senior citizen now 🤪 ( well I will be tomorrow)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sue!     I hope you have a wonderful day and all your wishes come true 😍

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My girlfriend has been our dog watcher for years now.  She brings her dog over and stays at my house.  She just told me that she can no longer do it for any 7 night or more trips so now I am onto Plan B.  My sister is coming down for the month of March and we will start visiting kennels.  I have a lady that watches dogs at her house but she is not available for the first cruise that I will need someone for this summer.  Oh yea and my friend watches her for FREE😇

• Like 8