Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Greg - You have one and only one responsibility right now...get that knee back in working shape.  Everything else is secondary, although the pups and Linda may disagree.  We are much further down the list.

Thank you so much Bob for your comments. Do me a favor and drink some bourbon for me. Hard to believe I’ve lost my taste for anything alcoholic. Also these pain meds are making me not eat much. Heck of a diet. I can tell I’ve lost a few pounds already.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

That is what you are supposed to be doing right now.  You are in everyone's thoughts.  Keep up the good work of getting better.

thank you and all of you are in my thoughts and dreams too. I had a dream last night that we were all on a cruise together. It was a ship chartered for CC. I remember talking to so many people we never left the ship. 😁

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So in between naps since the pain meds make me so drowsy and then getting up moving around and trying to do more stretching exercises I have not had the time to devote to my dear friends here. So I’m sorry for missing posts, birthdays and everything else that I normally would comment on. I promise to be better. I can’t tell you how much I miss our conversations.

First is getting ahead of the pain and getting into the routine of therapy. 
It would be good if you could go to a therapist where there are raised mats to exercise on, instead of the bed that offers no resistance. But home therapy does work. 
Your range of motion will keep getting better, and so will your strength. 
Just hang in there and catch up with us when you can!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Anyone else think that this building looks like a cross between a house of cards and a bunch of shipping containers?

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Or Jenga?

You totally beat me to it. 

• Like 3

Hope everyone had the best day possible; from birthdays, to dinners out, travelling to marvellous destinations, spending time at home or recovering from knee surgery. Give your respective pets a rub for me and you all have a good night. 

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hope everyone had the best day possible; from birthdays, to dinners out, travelling to marvellous destinations, spending time at home or recovering from knee surgery. Give your respective pets a rub for me and you all have a good night. 

We limit our vacations hate to leave our 14 year old kitties, going on a cruise in a few days then a wedding in Florida so we will be gone for ten days , we luckily have great pet sitters who spend time feeding and combing our cat we enjoy the text’s pictures she sends daily. I was disappointed today that one of the entertainers on our cruise just canceled Al Stewart , we love his song “the year of the cat” , he was replaced by Maria Muldar, really like her song “midnight at the oasis “, will buy her CD to get it autographed along with a few others artists  . Doesn’t surprise me that a few artists have canceled but majority will still play. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This.  I was recently watching a video about new super luxury buildings in NYC that are fully sold out but mostly empty (click here to watch).  Extremely wealthy people buy property all of the world because they get tax breaks and it's a safe way to "park" money.  They rarely, if ever, actually go there.  Same is true in London, Paris, Sydney, and almost certainly Dubai.

That area is very close to the Manhattan cruise pier.

I’ve been aching a few episodes of “Inventing Anna” based on the conversation on here.  I’ll say that Julia Garner does a really good job with the character in the series.  She is great in “Ozark” as well.  But I will say that I think the best character actress is a series has been Tatiana Maslany in “Orphan Black”.  It was a Canadian series.  She plays about five to six different characters.  It took a few episodes before I figured out it was the same actress.  If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend the series.  

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

First is getting ahead of the pain and getting into the routine of therapy. 
It would be good if you could go to a therapist where there are raised mats to exercise on, instead of the bed that offers no resistance. But home therapy does work. 
Your range of motion will keep getting better, and so will your strength. 
Just hang in there and catch up with us when you can!

Thank you Mimi. I’m actually very pleased with my range of motion today. They measured me at 95 degrees. I feel like I have the pain meds spaced out right so I’m not hurting really bad. Going to take my first shower since the surgery tomorrow so looking forward to that. Thank you again for all your advice. You have really helped a lot!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Mimi. I’m actually very pleased with my range of motion today. They measured me at 95 degrees. I feel like I have the pain meds spaced out right so I’m not hurting really bad. Going to take my first shower since the surgery tomorrow so looking forward to that. Thank you again for all your advice. You have really helped a lot!

We're rooting for you. We're taking every milestone with you. If you need to take a few days off, it's OK. We'll still be waiting for you.

Give the pups some extra love from me. I think you have 2 winners with them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I noticed that too!     Definitely didn't see a bbq on the patio either.

The 40-million-dollar home people probably have an inside BBQ type grill. And I don't know that meat is probably all that popular there anyway. Just another thing that is well out of our price range. I have mixed feelings about going to Dubai. It looks amazing! But I am a little hesitant about countries with restrictions of any sort. It always makes me nervous that I would go afoul of their rules. :classic_smile:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

thank you and all of you are in my thoughts and dreams too. I had a dream last night that we were all on a cruise together. It was a ship chartered for CC. I remember talking to so many people we never left the ship. 😁

You will be fine. My doctor told me 3 weeks with my hips, and he was absolutely correct. That's about how long the surgical pain lasts, and the rest of it will be from the exercises. Most people shouldn't worry about pain meds. They never made me happy, just sleepy. I don't quite know what the attraction is. Cocaine was a lot more fun back in the 80's. :classic_biggrin: JMO. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

19 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Happy birthday to Lisa 

And

Happy birthday to Sue.

Hope your days are special.

Take care.

Thank you Lionesss/Sue, I had a great day, cold windy and rainy but some sunshine and lovely walk along the beach. In the winter dogs are allowed off lead so Molly had a good run

20220214_130719.thumb.jpg.61bf9e95cab707f40ee99e4b2c971e3e.jpg

20220214_145736.thumb.jpg.ca996a49be71de5fa23b5a74b3f4e5f9.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 14

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sue, enjoy your day at the beach and have the best birthday ever!!! 

Our excitement for today is having AARP do our tax return for free!  A day at the beach sounds better.

Thank you Bonnie, it was great 👍 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

A bunch of flowers for the birthday girls --

Happy birthday to Sue

12 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Or Jenga?

~Welcome home, @dani negreanuGlad you were able to get away and had a great time in Dubai.

~Happy Birthdays to Sue @sgmnand Lisa @A&L_Ont

@Jimbo 

Thank you Dani and Fromsea2shiningsea

Glad you are safely home Dani and you enjoyed yourself 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Lionesss/Sue, I had a great day, cold windy and rainy but some sunshine and lovely walk along the beach. In the winter dogs are allowed off lead so Molly had a good run

That looks so peaceful. Sounds like a great way to spend part of the day. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Chances are, if a city doesn’t have a pro team, then they probably do not have a large enough stadium to host the event.  I’m sure there are probably a few stadiums out there that may (college level perhaps) I just don’t know since I have never followed any sports.  

The largest stadiums in the country are in cities that don't have Professional Football 😉

Screenshot_20220215-080817_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4d3dc4bd96f9faba5bc7fbbc328d4ba1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This.  I was recently watching a video about new super luxury buildings in NYC that are fully sold out but mostly empty (click here to watch).  Extremely wealthy people buy property all of the world because they get tax breaks and it's a safe way to "park" money.  They rarely, if ever, actually go there.  Same is true in London, Paris, Sydney, and almost certainly Dubai.

The only couple I know who owns similar condo is renting it and making a lot of money. They used it as their "city" crash pad when they purchased it but preferred to reside in the burbs till they moved to FL. They still own the Condo and it is still minting rental money. I cannot describe it because I am still picking up my jaw that dropped when they gave a courtesy tour as part of a favor did by a parent for one of their parent. (Complicated story). The FL home is very humble in comparison.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

The only couple I know who owns similar condo is renting it and making a lot of money. They used it as their "city" crash pad when they purchased it but preferred to reside in the burbs till they moved to FL. They still own the Condo and it is still minting rental money. I cannot describe it because I am still picking up my jaw that dropped when they gave a courtesy tour as part of a favor did by a parent for one of their parent. (Complicated story). The FL home is very humble in comparison.

I guess then their Florida Home isn't as cool as this one then. Former Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Player Ryan Howard had this mansion built years ago. It took a very long time to build but sure is beautiful. Lazy River though the house and even a Bowling Alley.

Looks like he recently sold it for 16.5 million.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/photos-former-phillies-all-star-ryan-howard-selling-belleair-shores-mansion

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/ryan-howard-sells-belleair-shores-mansion/

Here is the couple that bought it: Anniversary Gift

https://www.tampabay.com/florida/2019/02/01/take-a-tour-of-the-beachfront-house-ben-mallah-purchased-from-ryan-howard-for-a-record-165-million/

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess then their Florida Home isn't as cool as this one then. Former Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Player Ryan Howard had this mansion built years ago. It took a very long time to build but sure is beautiful. Lazy River though the house and even a Bowling Alley.

Looks like he recently sold it for 16.5 million.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/photos-former-phillies-all-star-ryan-howard-selling-belleair-shores-mansion

Here is the couple that bought it:

https://www.tampabay.com/florida/2019/02/01/take-a-tour-of-the-beachfront-house-ben-mallah-purchased-from-ryan-howard-for-a-record-165-million/

OMG! WOWZA!

And they are young. Wonderful! I am sure they are enjoying it! I will not be sour and say that people who buy such homes rarely live in it! 😁LOL! Come on people stop judging and be happy for someone else!!!!!😁

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2