Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My daughter loves to go through the refrigerator and toss all the expired stuff so I don’t have to!

Marietta, you trained her well!!!

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Very

Thank you so much.

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I stack the bowl part in the bottom drawer of the stove. Then I picked up a lid organizer from The Container Store. This seems to be working. 

Don't the bowls get warped when the oven is on high?  I keep my baking pans down there.  The lids aren't an issue.  I have a large container where I stack all the lids vertically so they're all easily seen.  It's the bowls that are an issue.  Some round, rectangle, square, etc. I have one Tupperware lettuce crisper bowl I have approx. 40 years.  I had one of the wonderlier bowls approx. 50 years but I finally got rid of it.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Marietta, you trained her well!!!

Thank you so much.

Don't the bowls get warped when the oven is on high?  I keep my baking pans down there.  The lids aren't an issue.  I have a large container where I stack all the lids vertically so they're all easily seen.  It's the bowls that are an issue.  Some round, rectangle, square, etc. I have one Tupperware lettuce crisper bowl I have approx. 40 years.  I had one of the wonderlier bowls approx. 50 years but I finally got rid of it.  

I have 2 of these in the corner of the pantry on the floor, stacked, with all of the tupperware, gladware, ziploc containers and lids in them. These are from the Container store, but Home Depot has even better ones. 

133010-our-basic-stack-basket-white.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/18/2022 at 5:39 PM, BonTexasNY said:

This has nothing to do with any discussion in here, but is anyone else getting official looking snail mail to extend their 2013 car warranty?  A few times a month??? This is going on almost 10 years and they follow me to every move I've made since then!

😝 <----- that's for the warranty company!

We get the phone calls almost daily. I sometimes get them on my cell phone. What’s sad is since they have done this forever people must be falling for it making it profitable for them.

On 2/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, Jimbo said:

Big Brother is always watching you....................

I just never knew to what extent. 😳

On 2/18/2022 at 6:33 PM, Jimbo said:

or "Black Tape Project"  😎

I’m afraid to ask. I’m curious but not sure I want to google it. Hoping my curiosity doesn’t get the best of me. 😁

On 2/18/2022 at 5:23 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I just had a scary thing happen.  I was looking at my YouTube home page to see what videos YouTube might think would be interesting to me.  There was a video on the Top 5 mistakes people make after total knee replacement surgery.  As far as I know, I've never done anything online related to knee replacement surgery other than talk about it here with Greg.  No searching of any kind.  Can Google connect two different user names here and on YouTube and propose videos based on discussions here????  Can't be a coincidence.  I know that Google pretty much knows everything about me, but this is a little spooky.

This is why Mike tossed ours in a drawer years ago. He doesn’t care for Alexa.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks, I was hoping you would comment.  18 years ago, one year after his heart transplant, they found a neuroendocrine  tumor on his pancreas.  They removed it and all was well until seven years ago when they found the liver lesions.  He was doing well until this last MRI when two new lesions popped up. So we shall see what happens next.  He has no symptoms and feels great so, hopefully, that is a good thing.

Wishing the best for you and Charlie.

@dani negreanu Glad you made it home in time and safe. The place is beautiful.

@grapau27 Looks like you both had a great time and are at home safe.

• Thanks 3

I think the first album I bought when I was about 11 or 12 was Cher Gypsies tramps and thieves.  I am so embarrassed.😝

Hello from Key West, in the Truman Annex.  Had the weirdest Uber ride to the house.  Flights that almost never left the ground, and lots of crying babies.  I would be postal and not just awake, if I didn’t have noise cancelling headsets!

jc

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Nope. They've been down there for 5 years.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear about your positive LFT test Sue.

I hope you are feeling better soon and both of your PCR tests are negative.

Graham.

Thank you Graham, got the pcr results early this morning, positive for me, negative for Gary. I have to self isolate till Tuesday,  then if negative for two days can stop. Wondering if the announcement tomorrow will end the legal requirement.  It would be nice to walk the dog in the woods where I can 100% stay away from people

• Like 4

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Two days ago, Susan had her FB messenger hacked, and it sent a message to everyone she ever interacted with on FB, including those she had talked to on Marketplace.  The message was something along the line of “You have to see the funny old picture of you I found, haha!”  She had to scramble to reset her passwords, but in the meantime it was shocking how many people opened and clicked on it.   She started getting messages that people couldn’t see what she sent.  
Who knows what was actually in it that it downloaded?

I didn’t fall for it, but now I am rethinking keeping her on my friends list. 🤣🤣

This is one of the reasons why I stopped using fb. I find I don't really miss it. Most of my friends and family are also friends of Gary on  fb so he shows me posts or pictures sometimes 

• Like 5

@sgmn just seen the news that The Queen has tested positive to Covid.  Mild symptoms and she is planning to continue with light duties.  Her work ethic/commitment to her Royal duties is amazing.  Hope you & Her Majesty recover quickly.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear this Sue.   I hope you through the worst of it and on the road to recovery.    I, also, hope that Gary remains negative.     Drink plenty of fluids and feel better soon😍

Thanks Debbie, drinking lots of hot lemon and honey, and have a big jug of water 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My first album was one that I won in a local radio station contest...Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.  I remember having school homework where I needed to pick song lyrics that were a poem and analyze them.  I chose the song Wish You Were Here.  I don't know why but I always found those lyrics really interesting.

It’s a song we can all relate too.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Feel better, Sue!

Thanks Maryann, not too bad, bit hot.

Had to fill in the 'track and trace' online  that's enough to give me a headache. Who I met and where I went before start of symptoms and ditto after 

• Like 3

The Stormtrooper met its match yesterday, a stronger storm in the form of a 4’ tall snowbank that was 20’ long. It was hard backed snow and would have taken a hour to shovel out if we tried. Of course it was right as we were leaving for Owen’s tourney. Update on that to come. 

In less than 15 minutes we had gear transferred into the truck and blew a path around it on the lawn for our escape. We left it abandoned until we returned.  Extrication was easy with the right tools. 😁

7EB001E8-51DC-4AF4-8E6B-4CBB30B31C24.thumb.png.c18066c91db176cdea1460a5c7c75a21.png

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn just seen the news that The Queen has tested positive to Covid.  Mild symptoms and she is planning to continue with light duties.  Her work ethic/commitment to her Royal duties is amazing.  Hope you & Her Majesty recover quickly.

Oh my, I  hasn't seen the news. Oh dear . She was looking very frail in pictures a few days ago 

Best wishes to Her Majesty

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Oh my, I  hasn't seen the news. Oh dear . She was looking very frail in pictures a few days ago 

Lisa just told me about it. Charles twice, Camilla and now the Queen. Omicron gets around, but I hope she gets through it safe and sound. 🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, sgmn said:

She was. I was amazed how much weight she seems to have lost. Joining in the best of wishes.

OTOH, Sue, you're in excellent company -- Prince Charles, the King of Spain, the Queen of Denmark... Wishing you a swift recovery, and to Gary -- stay negative 😉

Graham & Pauline ( @grapau27) -- hopefully you were not impacted by "Eunice". Dreadful weather, this global warming...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Check out the Gat Brothers on You Tube singing Wish You Were Here.

They are 2 Israeli’s singing in Israel.

Thanks for that Lenny.  I enjoyed it.  When the song ended, it went to another video of them playing Shine On You Crazy Diamond.  Also very enjoyable.  The brother playing the electric guitar does an excellent job of imitating David Gilmour.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

This is one of the reasons why I stopped using fb. I find I don't really miss it. Most of my friends and family are also friends of Gary on  fb so he shows me posts or pictures sometimes 

I stopped using FB several years ago, other than selling a few things on Marketplace when we moved.  It's a security nightmare.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Ahh, I hate to hear The Queen has ill.    She is a truly amazing person and I am confident she will recover but so sad to hear this as she has not been herself since the loss of her dear Husband.

• Like 6