Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I only use a mouse too but I find at times, if I am not careful, I hit the touchpad and send my cursor where I don't want it.  I just have to be careful where I lean.  I haven't turned it off because my DH uses it.

I always thought the use of a mouse disables the touchpad.  Apparently it doesn't.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was in the hospital for 10 days with a kidney issue in 2015.   Bill was approx. $140,000 back then.  Probably a lot more now.

Definitely a lot more now. My first hospital stay was in 1998 and my most recent 2021..If I had the money that was charged I could buy a small country.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

$62,000. Doesn’t include all the doctors.

Wow!   Thank God for insurance!!

I couldn't believe how much the hospital bill for Eric's transplant was in 2017.    Just shy of $300,000...I don't remember what insurance actually paid but I was in shock when I saw that bill.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow!   Thank God for insurance!!

I couldn't believe how much the hospital bill for Eric's transplant was in 2017.    Just shy of $300,000...I don't remember what insurance actually paid but I was in shock when I saw that bill.

I kept the hospital bill from when my oldest child was born.The amount would be the charge for an aspirin now.Just kidding but it is amazing how costs have skyrocketed.To make this cruise related.Our first cruise on a Cunard ship from NY to Bermuda ,7 days,$699.00 for both of us ,all taxes included .

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was in the hospital for 10 days with a kidney issue in 2015.   Bill was approx. $140,000 back then.  Probably a lot more now.

My 4 days at Mayo Clinic in 2017 was north of 500K

• Like 5

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was diagnosed with Early Dementia a few years ago.I play as many on line word games as possible ,post on CC and a Brooklyn Nostalgia board.I believe it has helped me .

We are competitive with each other watching Jeopardy. Hopefully that will keep our brains working. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

We are competitive with each other watching Jeopardy. Hopefully that will keep our brains working. 

I have not watched Jeopardy on a regular basis since Alex Trebeck left the planet.I play 57 games of Words With Friends every day.There is a chat feature there too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We watch jeopardy together when my wife comes home then maybe judge Judy 😁

• Like 2

On another question as D+ on a 13 night cruise I assume we each still just one bag of laundry?  IE we don’t get more because of the extra days?

posting This part separate since nobody responded earlier

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

On another question as D+ on a 13 night cruise I assume we each still just one bag of laundry?  IE we don’t get more because of the extra days?

My understanding is perks are 1 per cruise per person regardless of length of cruise.  Know that's how internet and a few others works but don't know for sure about laundry and D+. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, 1 bag pp.   Take scotch tape and instead of tying the bag to close up, simply tape it shut and tape your paper slip on it too!    This way you can fit even more into the bag.

I like to roll up items to cram as much as possible into that little bag😁

I also bring small plastic squirt bottle with woolite to handwash bathing suits, rash guard shirts,, blouses, etc.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I told you so.... that everything was going to be ok.

I always trust you the good doctor says.

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

@Ocean BoyNo Below Deck tonight!

I wonder why? What was in it's place?

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was just going to post that. And I'm not happy about it.

Me neither!!

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

$62,000. Doesn’t include all the doctors.

I was in the hospital, in 1994, on strict bedrest, pregnant with twins. Admitted at 21 weeks and told I was staying for the duration. They were born at 29 weeks and spent 4 weeks in the NICU. The bill for the 3 of us was shy of $2,000,000. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Very cool art!

I got a part time job, 2 days a week, receptionist in a Memory Care facility.  As difficult as it is to see people in the condition they are in now, I know they're in a caring, safe environment.  I don't have much interaction with the residents but when I do, I smile, say hello, ask how they are. Sadly, although some can't answer, they do seem appreciative.  A pat on the shoulder and a smile goes a long way.

One lovely man is at the beginning stages of dementia.  Unfortunately, he knows how he will eventually wind up. I told him to come talk to me whenever he wants, since he enjoys our chats.  He loves hearing about NY!  I told him he must be a great dad hearing his phone conversations with his son.

Dementia/Alzheimer's, Cancer.  Wish they could be permanently eradicated.

Sorry to bring a "downer" post in here this bright beautiful morning.  I rarely do so please forgive me.  Call your parents if you are blessed to still have them and tell them how much you love them.

On to happy things.  @Lionesss Will your daughter and SIL have a gender reveal?

Thank you for your thoughtful post Bonnie. My lovely Mum had this awful disease for 8 years before passing in 2019. Glad I didn't have to go through covid with her in her care home but I miss her every day 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Truth!  It was so much easier when it was just NetFlix and Hulu. 

I considered becoming a "cord-cutter" and ditching Cable TV all together.  But the price of just having stand alone internet service + the various streaming platforms I would need - and it seems every streaming platform has at least one show I like - the final price is actually far more than having a double-play or triple play package from my cable provider, Comcast.

We have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Truth to be told we rarely watch anything on Prime,  though Jeremy Clarksons farm series was funny. 

There's a new streaming service here, Britbox that has some good shows and I'm tempted but don't really want to pay for another streaming service

• Like 3