Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Something posted from a current Allure cruiser. 

36E6AEC6-2341-4044-B151-5BABE243DA09.jpeg

I saw that on a thread here, that they stopped it fleetwide on May 1st.   They are still testing for S2S.  We have one of those, but in January, so hoping all testing will be gone by then. 

They may just want to stop paying room and meals for asymptomatic people they kick off with those positive tests.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Something posted from a current Allure cruiser. (I just deleted)

I guess I should be careful posting from another social media site.

But, I deleted it.

But a person on the allure said B2B cruisers no longer need to have a COVID test between cruises.

Did not want to break the CC rules.

Yes, I have read several threads with happy passengers on various ships in US and Europe not having to do b2b testing.   Great news!  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

They may just want to stop paying room and meals for asymptomatic people they kick off with those positive tests.

I read on CC with a snip it from Royals website they stopped paying for hotels and meals for quarantine people in April and recommend travel insurance since they no longer would cover.   They stopped the private plans months ago, I don't want to know how much that cost them.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

But a person on the allure said B2B cruisers no longer need to have a COVID test between cruises.

They have dropped B2B testing as of May 1. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I read on CC with a snip it from Royals website they stopped paying for hotels and meals for quarantine people in April and recommend travel insurance since they no longer would cover.   They stopped the private plans months ago, I don't want to know how much that cost them.

I didn’t know they stopped.  I was following a Celebrity thread for a B3B, and they got kicked off after the 2nd leg.  They were reimbursing them $250 a day for room and $100 a day for meals. Just thought Royal was the same. 

• Like 2

April 30th was the end of paying for quarantine hotels and meals. And in case that is the next topic, for sailings booked before March 31, Cruise with Confidence and the associated price drops and 48-hour prior cancellation ends on September 30th, 2022. 

VGA card on my computer/ monitor is going out, so I am working in between blackouts. I should probably set up the new computer this week. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I didn’t know they stopped.  I was following a Celebrity thread for a B3B, and they got kicked off after the 2nd leg.  They were reimbursing them $250 a day for room and $100 a day for meals. Just thought Royal was the same. 

I suspect Royal may help on a case by case basis.  I don't think they will do a dump and run situation.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Since we are talking a little about hockey, going to games was one of the things I really enjoyed doing with my son when he was young.  Even when he was away in college, we would go on his breaks. 

A few years ago, I got a DVD set of the 10 best games in Penguin history, and I was surprised that we had been to six of those ten. 

The one I thought was the best was what was known as Mario’s comeback game. There was a lot of speculation on when he would make the comeback, but I had bought the tickets based on my son’s Christmas schedule.  It was just dumb luck that the game turned out to be THE ONE, and I could have sold the tickets for ten times what I paid. 

Anyhow, his old room is now decorated with some memorabilia from some of those games. 

Game program and ticket from Mario’s comeback game

78E64113-862F-4A56-9174-4264FE3F43D4.thumb.jpeg.d03e32bdc519cbbc0133e1cab611c16a.jpeg

DVD of the game 

8A94282A-D910-49DF-A28D-D38991585FCE.thumb.jpeg.8b5f9cb1a7b7bad9077d04c587119d42.jpeg

We did a cruise in late 1980’s that was a hockey cruise, which we had no knowledge of when we booked it. I was not a hockey fan and had never knowledge of the players . One day I was playing Caribbean poker with a

group of people that I didn’t know and I mentioned to one of them that you should add the bet for a good hand which back then was I believe was 50 cents and top price was 20k for a royal flush , another player said you have a better chance of scoring 100 goals next year then winning that , next hand I got 4 of a kind that paid a extra 500 dollars . I did try to buy the table a drink at that point . 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

Very nice!!!

Well done, Grandpa Mark!!!😉

The price of lumber and all things related is horrific.  

@Luckynana Maryann.

Happy birthday to your daughter's and other family members whose birthday is today.

Graham.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wonder too why the huge increase in last 2 weeks here in PA.  Gas was around $4.15 2 weeks ago, end of last week jumped to $4.30 yesterday I paid $4.47.   

Lots of talk about mainland Europe where some countries are heavily dependant on Russian oil and gas stopping it by end of year. They have to get it from somewhere so prices for all increase I guess

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

£1.65 a litre here in the UK 

Around $10 a gallon.☹️

Diesel is even more, I've seen it for over £1.80 a litre, but a lot of our petrol and diesel is tax 

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Good morning 52°F and partly cloudy here at 08.45am in North East England.

From tomorrow it's going to be glorious in the South of UK,  going up to 25c by mid week🌞

• Like 4

Good morning. With one week to go before we cruise I thought it was a good time to clean off my desk. I hate coming home to messes or clutter. 
So I attacked my junk mail pile. 

Even before I turned 65 I got so much information about buying different Medicare options I just put them aside for kindle. Too many so called “ government papers”. But once I got burned by not opening a letter, so now I open Everything………eventually. 

So lookie what I found today. 
And I’m supposed to be there when we are on The Allure. 
Darn-it. 
Shhhhhhh. Do not tell the DH. 
It is definitely not junk mail. 
Time to get deferred. 
Or

I Wonder if they would arrest me in the Caribbean. Not taking any chances. 

1017DFF4-0096-4643-9AB2-E8FBC6525E9A.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

It is 44° here this morning, and our fog is getting thicker.  We have about 100 feet of visibility.

On another note, I am awaiting the start of the Bosch: Legacy series tomorrow.  I read they have already announced there will be a season two.  It looks like they have some characters from the old series in this one: Harry, Maddie, and Honey Chandler.  It will be streaming on Freevee and Prime.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not a very exciting tribal.

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

They looked miserable with the rain.  I am ok with who went home.  

I think it was one of those tribals where everyone (except 2 people) knew who was going home and sticked to the plan.  No real drama.  They tried to make it look more exciting on the show, but I think that was mostly smoke and mirrors.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. With one week to go before we cruise I thought it was a good time to clean off my desk. I hate coming home to messes or clutter. 
So I attacked my junk mail pile. 

Even before I turned 65 I got so much information about buying different Medicare options I just put them aside for kindle. Too many so called “ government papers”. But once I got burned by not opening a letter, so now I open Everything………eventually. 

So lookie what I found today. 
And I’m supposed to be there when we are on The Allure. 
Darn-it. 
Shhhhhhh. Do not tell the DH. 
It is definitely not junk mail. 
Time to get deferred. 
Or

I Wonder if they would arrest me in the Caribbean. Not taking any chances. 

1017DFF4-0096-4643-9AB2-E8FBC6525E9A.jpeg

If you call and tell them you have a non-refunadable vacation planned, they will let you reschedule your jury duty to another date.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think it was one of those tribals where everyone (except 2 people) knew who was going home and sticked to the plan.  No real drama.  They tried to make it look more exciting on the show, but I think that was mostly smoke and mirrors.

I think so too.  There have been tribals when it seemed pretty obvious who was going home and then they put in clips of different conversations to make it seem that it wasn't certain.  

• Like 2