Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 8/8/2022 at 9:05 AM, lenquixote66 said:

My late brother in laws best friends son passed away this morning.

It just never ends.

Is he a friend of yours?

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The whole 10 hour trip all 4 cats never used the liter box or food and water in the cage. They just sat quietly on their pillows and blankets.

Now if only us humans can sit at peace like the cats, on a long journey, our drives to FL would be much faster.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 8/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Made it.  All checked in. Nice corner room, canal view, 3rd floor.  Had a shower and a nap and now heading out for dinner before our 8pm covid test.

20220808_170046.jpg

That was the area we were going to stay next year if Royal hadn’t canceled the cruise. 

18 hours ago, Jimbo said:

True, why change the name if leaving it in the same forum? I don't get it?

Don’t give them any ideas.

16 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@Sunshine3601We are waiting on TA, she decided to go!

That’s great to hear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

BD tonight. Who will be watching?

Not me. I was packing for Texas.

Love the nicknames.

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It's International Cat Day? 

Very appropriate as in addition to helping my step daughter empty her storage unit in Houston & pack up the last of her belongings,  her friends have been watching this little guy for the past several months. Seems like he's coming back to NY with us so I will be co-owner or Grandpa of this fluff puff. 

Everyone,  meet Leonard aka Lenny, Poo-head and Little Stinky. I just call him Leonard. 

Leonard, meet Dani's thread.

20220805_130602.jpg

20220805_130608.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No plans of cancelling the cruise.   The cruise gives him a goal to get moving!

Last year when we cruised it really helped heal my foot.  It had been a few months since I had injured my foot and it was not fully healing until I spent the week getting around on the cruise (and almost another week trying to get home 🙃 😅)  I hope it helps Eric. Breathing in that sea air is nice too.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Very appropriate as in addition to helping my step daughter empty her storage unit in Houston & pack up the last of her belongings,  her friends have been watching this little guy for the past several months. Seems like he's coming back to NY with us so I will be co-owner or Grandpa of this fluff puff. 

Everyone,  meet Leonard aka Lenny, Poo-head and Little Stinky. I just call him Leonard. 

20220805_130602.jpg

20220805_130608.jpg

Welcome aboard Leonard😹

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good to here your Amish paste are doing well.  Is this your 1st year growing them?  What kind of sauce did you make. I have made a bunch of spaghetti and pizza sauce then seal with the chamber vac.  It is nice to be able to flatten the sauces out before freezing.   Saves a lot of space.  I tried something new last week.  Instead of skinning the tomatoes by boiling a minute then I water, I just cut out the hard stem area and blended them in the vitamix with the skin on.  A lot less work and clean up!  It worked great. 

Garden, first the bad.  Pole beans, peas cucumbers and cherry tomatoes did poor.  I picked only 6 pear cherry tomatoes and this evening I picked my only cucumber.
Most of the

Sorry to hear you are not having success with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, etc.       

This is my first year doing Amish paste.   In the past I grew roma tomatoes that were used for our spaghetti sauces and stewed tomatoes that I freeze and store.    I have been known to throw in a couple of other kinds of tomatoes chopped up into the sauces depending on what I have picked and ready to go.     

I will have to try cutting out the hard stem area and putting into my blender or food processor as it is time consuming to peel them.   I would love to skip that step, if possible.    

One of our Son's is coming over tonight to visit, grill some burgers and pick up some homegrown produce.    I set a big pile of items for him to take home.    😃

• Like 3

Getting excited here, lockdown a distant memory, finally looks like I'll get that TA crossing I first planned 3.5 years ago!! Things are much different in these parts now, friends selling out to move away from the influx of north easterners. Sometimes I feel like it's still "lockdown" because I don't want to venture out into the crowds and traffic. Being pampered in the middle of the Atlantic will be a great reward. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

20220805_130602.jpg

20220805_130608.jpg

My parents named me Leonard but never once called me by that name. 
Your Leonard is a very handsome young man

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The break of his sacrum happened almost 4 weeks ago.  Doc said 6 to 8 weeks for bone to heal. 

His biggest problem has been laying in a flat position in bed and getting up.   Sleeping in recliner makes it much easier to get up.   That has been improving and I am hoping if he can get some PT in before the cruise that will help.   

No plans of cancelling the cruise.   The cruise gives him a goal to get moving!

We have a JS and I am thinking of renting him a scooter incase walking the ship is too much for him.   He tells me No, he doesn't want one but I may go ahead and order to have in room just incase.   

Having the ability to go on a cruise should be a goal for everyone There is not a better form of travel IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Checked in today for our upcoming Alaska cruise.  Check in opened 4 days ago and I forgot.  Still managed to get 11:30 boarding time.  Anyone know if a JS is allowed to board an hour early like a full suite?

It was for us. Hey when you checked in was the Vaccination portion gone where you upload your card?

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay all my friends.  Our journey has led us to my daughter and kiddies being booked on Oasis!!!!!

You all will never know how much We appreciate your help, support and messages of sympathy that you have given to Us❤️

I'm so happy for you. You are going to have a fantastic time with everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear you are not having success with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, etc. 

We still have time. It's not over until it's over!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is my first year doing Amish paste.   In the past I grew roma tomatoes that were used for our spaghetti sauces and stewed tomatoes that I freeze and store. 

I love the size and quality of the Amish Paste.  Do you like to make pizza?  Here is a nice recipe for pizza sauce that I have been using a few years.   https://www.sprinklesomesugar.com/the-best-homemade-pizza-sauce/

Another good thing about using blender and not skinning is the skin holds a lot of nutrients. 

Last year some here suggested me to roast some of my garlic harvest.   The other day I roasted some.  After enjoying some Sharon came over to give me a kiss goodnight and she about fell over.  😆 She said it was strong!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It was for us. Hey when you checked in was the Vaccination portion gone where you upload your card?

The health part of the check in was not available yet, so I don't know.  Since we stop in Victoria, I need to upload my vax card to the ArriveCan app anyway, unless Canada changes their requirements in the next month. 

I'm still hoping that Royal drops all testing, if not before our Alaska cruise, then at least before our Vancouver to Hawaii cruise 11 days later.  My nightmare scenario is that we pick up Covid on the Alaska cruise and then need to cancel the Hawaii cruise and subsequent stay in Hawaii.  That would be a very bitter pill to swallow.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, goldfish65 said:

Getting excited here, lockdown a distant memory, finally looks like I'll get that TA crossing I first planned 3.5 years ago!! Things are much different in these parts now, friends selling out to move away from the influx of north easterners. Sometimes I feel like it's still "lockdown" because I don't want to venture out into the crowds and traffic. Being pampered in the middle of the Atlantic will be a great reward. 

Don't like Northeasterners down in your parts?