Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,most definitely.My friend Paul began playing guitar in his teens.He hoped to one day be in a band . He spent most of his life as a College Professor.When he retired he and his wife moved to Fla.They hired the best musicians and singers that they could find and formed a band .They play many genre’s of music of the 40’s to the 80’s.They appear in concert about 50 times a year,mainly in the Orlando area.

They are LADYZ and the BOYZ.If anyone is interested you can find them on You Tube.

The first album I bought was from a British blues band.

Ten Years After.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

DD is doing better.  She will have test done in a month to check her diabetes.   They are both worn out like new parents.   Yesterday her DH fell asleep on the couch with the dog next to him.  DD said he started snoring so bad that Millie got up, walked to the other side of the room and laid back down.  😆 

Finnley pasted her hearing test.  Her  bilirubin count is getting better. 

Last night they called at about 2am.  Finnley's temperature was up.  All better today.

Glad to hear her count is improving.   Is Finnley experiencing jaundice?  Our oldest son did and that was exhausting.

New baby is exhausting for all, including pets.   Poor Millie😄

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

"He wiggles well".  Lol. Love that description.  I'm going to see if I can work it into a conversation.  😆 

The Wiggles - Australian Childrens performers.  Not sexy but definitely very successful.  The very first concerts for my DD.  They toured America too.

Two of the founders played together in a band when they were in Uni.  Band’s name “The Cockroaches”.  Ugh.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The first album I bought was from a British blues band.

Ten Years After.

We annually do a music charter that will have some British groups our next one has John Lodge from Moody Blues and Leo Sayer both have been on before and also the Hollies. My first album was the Monster Mash 😁😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is Finnley experiencing jaundice? 

Yes.  The count started leveling out at 16 so she was able to go without treatment.   When they saw the first count they started taking her outside more and they had her laying in her bed next to a window to get some sun. After that things started getting better and no more need to check the count. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am having my latest Moh’s surgery tomorrow.

Wishing you the best.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Graham and Pauline  Happy anniversary

Lenny prayers and good thoughts for your successful surgery tomorrow

Andrew and Lisa, best wishes for your Mother/Mother in Law's homecoming

Hope all are well.

Take care

+1

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My mom used to make it for my older daughter’s  birthday also. I haven’t been able to make it since she was killed.  lasagna and artichokes were her specialty, along with her meatballs and sauce.  Strangely, I can do the meatballs and sauce but the lasagna just makes me sad😢

I'm so sorry, Marietta.  ((Hugs))

21 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Health update I am almost back to normal still have stuffy headaches. Wife is still struggling with her health issues it might take a while. Grandkids are perfectly fine. Oldest daughter and son in law are much better. So out of the 7 of us that went on the cruise 6 got covid. Youngest daughter escaped getting it because she does not live with the 6 of us. We have not seen her since Sunday. She had covid late June maybe that helped her not get it again. First day of school is the 29th so hopefully the kids test negative for back to school.

Positive thoughts that all will soon be feeling so much better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, George C said:

My first album was the Monster Mash 😁😁

My first album was Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.  I won it by calling into a radio station.  A couple of years later I had to pick lyrics from a song to analyze for an English class in high school.  The lyrics to the song Wish You Were Here were perfect for the assignment.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good Morning to all.

?

Have not heard from Mark and Susan for awhile.

Hope all is well.

Take care.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum

I hope, along with all the others here, for good news. 🤞

The news was not good, hence my absence for the last couple weeks.  I do not think I will have a chance to catch up on the last 70 pages or so. 

It has been a stressful couple of weeks, and that will continue for quite a while.  Trying to avoid googling, and rely on what the medical professionals have to say.

After her positive diagnosis, daughter has been to Cleveland Clinic a couple of times, as well as Pittsburgh a couple times in the last two weeks.   She has more appointments this week in Pittsburgh on Monday and Wednesday.  In the meantime, we have been trying to keep things as normal as possible for the grandkids.  It was even tougher, because we still had our California grandson here until he went home last Tuesday.  His school started last Thursday. 

In the meantime, we canceled the five cruises we had booked, because we know what lies ahead with treatments, surgery, and recovery.  For us, family is first, and cruising will have to wait.  

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, because we are all headed down a long road.  

I will try to post a little of what we did with the kids to close out our Summer of Fun 2.0, as I get some time. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The news was not good, hence my absence for the last couple weeks.  I do not think I will have a chance to catch up on the last 70 pages or so. 

It has been a stressful couple of weeks, and that will continue for quite a while.  Trying to avoid googling, and rely on what the medical professionals have to say.

After her positive diagnosis, daughter has been to Cleveland Clinic a couple of times, as well as Pittsburgh a couple times in the last two weeks.   She has more appointments this week in Pittsburgh on Monday and Wednesday.  In the meantime, we have been trying to keep things as normal as possible for the grandkids.  It was even tougher, because we still had our California grandson here until he went home last Tuesday.  His school started last Thursday. 

In the meantime, we canceled the five cruises we had booked, because we know what lies ahead with treatments, surgery, and recovery.  For us, family is first, and cruising will have to wait.  

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, because we are all headed down a long road.  

I will try to post a little of what we did with the kids to close out our Summer of Fun 2.0, as I get some time. 

Mark and Susan

I cannot imagine what you are going through.

I will offer up prayers for effective treatment.

Also, praying for you and your whole family.

Take care

We are here for you, when you are able to visit.

♥️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So sorry to hear this.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am so sorry to read what your family is going through right now.  Healing prayers go to your daughter for a full recovery and strength to your entire family.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am having my latest Moh’s surgery tomorrow.

Positive thoughts for tomorrow, Lenny!

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

As the pic shows grandson was enjoying the sea day last Friday the day before he started to not feel well.

fun slide.jpg

What a cutie!

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The Wiggles - Australian Childrens performers.  Not sexy but definitely very successful.  The very first concerts for my DD.  They toured America too.

Two of the founders played together in a band when they were in Uni.  Band’s name “The Cockroaches”.  Ugh.

I loved watching the Wiggles with my grandchildren years ago!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Really sorry....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So sorry.  I hope and pray she has a quick recovery. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My first album was Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.  I won it by calling into a radio station.  A couple of years later I had to pick lyrics from a song to analyze for an English class in high school.  The lyrics to the song Wish You Were Here were perfect for the assignment.

Great album to start training your ears.

• Like 1