Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We're looking after our oldest grandson for an extra day this week as his mum works for a charity who's patron was the Queen, so this is especially busy time for them and she's been asked to work extra hours  

Had a lovely day today at the park

20220912_151824.thumb.jpg.d2e7b926f4f1960c150f5ebc7eb2beaa.jpg

The newest grandson is 10 days old now and doing really well 

• Like 23

7 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We're looking after our oldest grandson for an extra day this week as his mum works for a charity who's patron was the Queen, so this is especially busy time for them and she's been asked to work extra hours  

10 days with all that hair?

58 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That's are plan.  Board and head to Chops.

Do lunch reservations need to be for the rest of the cruise?

I would make them.  Pre COVID I had the UDP and made lunch reservations and actually saw people without them get turned away.  It was an Oasis class ship don't recall which one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Oh my goodness.  I love his curly hair!!💕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

LOL Arzeena!  I seriously did just laugh out loud!😁

You and Linda are going to have such a great time on your cruise, Greg!  I'm excited for you!!  Bonus....you won't have the stress of having to do the dreaded Covid test!!  Yay!!

Uh oh, hope you didn't give your Jim a tough time. I promise, I promise, he is all yours and I don't have a Jim. 😁🤣

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Our oldest granddaughter had beautiful curly hair.  We had babysat one day and I washed Erin's hair and used the blow dryer on her.  My daughter shockingly asked me what had I done to her hair?  It was quite bushy after I had gotten done drying it.😜  So glad that baby Theo is doing so well.  Enjoy those babies!!! They grow up waaay too quickly!💕

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Sandringham is about an hour away from us.

Obviously lots of people apparently Sunday they had to close the roads for a while.

We lived in Swanton Morley and Fakenham.  My dad was in the RAF

My brothers are still Norwich City fans and go to Matches when they are playing away down here in the south

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're stuck in a sort of no-man's land for the next few days.  Our plane for our trip leaves Friday morning.  We've got all of our cold/wet weather clothes for Alaska stacked up and ready to be put in a suitcase.  The warmer weather clothes for Hawaii will need to wait a few more days since we're still wearing them.  All needed confirmations/tickets/paperwork have been flagged in my Inbox, uploaded to OneNote where Micheline and I can both get them on our phones, .pdf files stored on both phones, a couple of screen shots in our camera rolls and backed up to the cloud, and even a few hard copy printouts where needed.  I think that's 3 belts and 2 pairs of suspenders. 😁

Nothing left to do but one more load of laundry and then final packing.   I used to have work to keep me busy until the first vacation day, but not anymore.  

Twiddling Thumbs GIFs | Tenor

This post makes me chuckle as great minds think alike. I have done everything exactly like you. I have everything on my phone, paper copies as well in a folder that will be in back back and digital copies in a folder on laptop that I'm taking. I even sent an email to myself with all of our copies of driver licenses, passports, and vaccination cards to myself so that when I download the attachments to my camera roll they will be the first thing I see.

I still need to do a little more laundry but all clothes are laid out and ready to be put in packing cubes. All toiletries and medical supplies are packed up in plastic ziplock bags to go into packing cubes. I have all electronics, cords and chargers laid out and tomorrow I will go to the bank to get my cash for tips and etc.

Right now I'm leaning toward getting everything packed Thursday morning loading up car and taking a very long nap 3-4 hours then get up have dinner, watch the Kansas City Chiefs play at 7pm on Amazon then get about 3 hours sleep before getting up and heading to the airport. I'll be tired but I can nap on the plane. We get into Miami at 12:30pm so we could even take another nap go out to diner then call it an early night to be ready to board in the morning. I usually don't sleep much on a cruise I am too hyped up. I figure I'll sleep when I die.

Cheers have a great two cruises. I know you will have a fantastic time.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Cheers have a great two cruises. I know you will have a fantastic time.

Cheers to you as well.  It's good to see that you have your priorities in order, i.e., watching the Chiefs play over sleep. 😁  I'll be trying to follow your UDP thread from my ship, assuming I have access.  Have a safe flight and great cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I know, wow.  I can't believe it.  And there are a bunch of smaller ones still maturing. Those put me at 300 for the year.  2/3 are jalapenos.   I have 7 jalapeno plants and 20 bell peppers.   I couple plants grew big and didn't produce.   I used to grow them in grow bags but will only go raised beds in the future. I have learned to enjoy jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon and Bell peppers diced and spread over pizza.

I remember years ago when a friend planted their first garden.  They had NO clue how gardening worked, and thought each plant produced just one item per plant.  They wanted a dozen peppers and a dozen cucumbers and a dozen zucchini, so they planted twelve of each type of plant.  By the end of the season, they had given veggies to literally everyone they knew, PLUS brought them to work, PLUS put them on a table at the roadside with a "free" sign.  Needless to say, they cut WAY back on their planting the following year!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Been gone all week so I went out to the garden this morning.  I found 28 Bell and 39 Jalapenos that needed picked. 

image.thumb.png.fdbb178a19269209631cce3f4b26e15f.png

You can add these banana  peppers  to your pile that I just picked out of my garden.

20220912_162410.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9