Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And you still have a healthy tooth in your mouth. Sounds like a great outcome to me... except we don't get a picture if it.

My healthy tooth, according to dentist, is trying to wiggle out of my mouth very slowly...but indeed is still intact in the mouth.  😉  

Sorry no picture of my tooth...but my friend wants to show hers off...  😄 

Image result for funny image of tooth

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, ATG said:

Sometimes I answer the nuisance calls and just lead them on for a while.  I play gullible and ask stupid questions.  I figure if they’re busy with me they aren’t bothering someone else.  Of course, I usually just ignore them.

I used to do that...but found it made the calls more frequent.  I think having answered the phone sets up the robo call computer as a live person it can reach. 

Eh...so now I don't answer it at all unless I am absolutely sure of who it is.  I pay to use my phone...scammers don't pay any of my bill.  😉  And I have voice mail. 🙃

23 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Lioness, that is a gorgeous floor!

Now I’m thinking of re-doing my dining room! And living room, family room, Chris’s office....

We are slowly working our way through the house.  Kitchen done, guest bath done, main bath almost done, next up:  Carpeting in bedroom, and walk in closet. 

Then total upgrade, tile flooring, and custom furniture design in office.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That is why I like the setting on my phone, that it will only let calls through if it is someone in my address book.  All others don’t even ring, and they go straight to voicemail.  If it is important, they can leave a message. 

Most of mine come in stating:  "Scam risk".  😉  Even the phone company knows who they are.  

Which brings me to this point.  Years ago, when applying for new phone number, I had to submit credit report, proof of residency...etc. 

Now?  It's anything goes.  Phone companies greedily hand out millions of phone numbers for these scammers to use for a price.  😡

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So. Having a lot of time getting the dining room back together once the new floor was done. Still waiting on China hutch, another corner cabinet and new chandelier. It is finally coming into place. 
Table set because we are having our COVID friendly dinner party Sunday. The only 2 couples we have been together with in 11 months. 

86BB9C3C-FB7B-4DB3-814A-8E3A1D57FD54.jpeg

42690AC0-2F29-4616-816A-1FC26F0A4097.jpeg

203DF1F7-B2FA-49F4-B49D-6005986D9EF0.jpeg

733FAB2B-A80E-4E07-B22E-8583B9EB77EB.jpeg

I love the floors!

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have several pieces of corningware and yes, it is light and easy to handle as well as easy to clean too.  I'm not positive, but I think they stopped making it many years ago.   

Beautiful strawberries.   I love strawberries like you love raspberries.    

Hope they enjoy 😍

Oh no...they still make Corelle dishes.  I have a full set in the motor home (AKA "land yacht").  They are practically indestructible and light weight...perfect for an RV.  😉 

• Thanks 1

So. Having a lot of time getting the dining room back together once the new floor was done. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

The new floor looks great. 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Nice room and furniture.

52 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Lioness, that is a gorgeous floor!

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Beautiful dining room!!  Looks like a postcard from a high end B&B.  🙂 

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I love the floors!

Joining all of you in agreeing that the floors are beautiful, and I'm adding the oval window in the other room to my favorites 😁

• Like 1

Lately I have been sharing how even though I am retired I have been busy with our daughters wedding planning ( she lives out of town) and I have been doing a great job of I do say so myself. 

Plus re-decorating and get new floors in our house. 

In addition my husband had lost his last remaining relative last year ( he inherited the house) and my new job has been in dealing with their hoarding throwing away tons of old bags, bills, disposable store containers, they never threw anything out.  Organizing for a massive garage sale. 
After 7 large dumpsters. And after all the donations to goodwill, amvets, maternity house and moving all sellable items to storage till spring garage sale the house is empty. And will be going on the market.

Well kind of empty. I saved the best for last. 
I found these old bottles with no expiration date on them. I wonder if they are still good. I know this is their collection , some bottles are over 75 years old. 
Just wondering if they are still good ?  
Wonder if they are drinkable?

Asking for a friend. 

15C6FA4F-17E7-4A6B-BE5C-273BB5DA2D3E.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Lately I have been sharing how even though I am retired I have been busy with our daughters wedding planning ( she lives out of town) and I have been doing a great job of I do say so myself. 

In addition my husband had lost his last remaining relative last year ( he inherited the house) and my new job has been in dealing with their hoarding throwing away tons of old bags, bills, disposable store containers, they never threw anything out.  Organizing for a massive garage sale. 
After 7 large dumpsters. And after all the donations to goodwill, amvets, maternity house and moving all sellable items to storage till spring garage sale the house is empty. And will be going on the market.

I found these old bottles with no expiration date on them. I wonder if they are still good. I know this is their collection , some bottles are over 75 years old. 

Asking for a friend. 

Well I need to start on organizing  in my flat.  We have a large attic space.  Good for summer clothes and kids toys (we have brought down the Sylvanians for the younger family members at family meals) - but there is stuff that needs to go.  We married here in 1988 when it was a brand new flat.  We have never needed to sort out.  When I finish my thesis that is the first job.    I am nearly retired and I could leave it till then, but I do want to get on with it now.  

Now alcohol is not something that we have stockpiled !!  

I would not be happy drinking half opened bottles, doesn’t seem right even though if you go to a bar that is what you do!! 

The tanqueray is winking at me.  

I can’t see why things like the whisky would go off - alcohol is a preservative.  

Is that a bottle of chianti?  That wont have lasted.  

The Baileys is not something to keep.  

What is the one on the far right at the back row?  Did they get it as a ‘gift’ in their room from NCL? 

MD 2020 looks and sounds horrid.  Definitely one for the bin bag.  

The vodka looks cheap and nasty.  Google ‘what can I use vodka for’ and you will find uses around the house that don’t involve you drinking it.  

Enough procrastination, back to my thesis....

• Like 2

I don't think there is anything there of any real value so I'd toss them.  The MD 20/20 is probably still OK to drink just like a 75 year old Twinkie is still OK to eat.

• Like 2

One way to find out, cheers. 🍻

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not a fan?

Nope, although to be fair, I've only given it about 15 minutes.  Not a fan of any of the reality shows that create forced drama between people on the show, i.e. The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Housewives, etc.  My wife occasionally enjoys some of those shows, which is why we have multiple TVs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Asking for a friend. 

Any of the alcohol like Jameson and J&B and Tanqueray will be fine.  Send the cheap Paramount vodka to John.  I would keep the vintage Chianti because of nostalgia.  The cream liquors, probably should toss, but they probably won’t hurt you, if they haven’t been opened.  Mixers trash.  MD 20/20, I used to put in my Bota Bag for skiing, 40 years ago.  

I would probably be willing to test any of them for fun....

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Nope, although to be fair, I've only given it about 15 minutes.  Not a fan of any of the reality shows that create forced drama between people on the show, i.e. The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Housewives, etc.  My wife occasionally enjoys some of those shows, which is why we have multiple TVs.

Rented a cabin for two weeks from Catkin Kilcher of the "Alaska the Last Frontier" series located out next to the "Homestead" on their property out there in Homer Alaska.  The cabin/house had full running water, electricity, washer/dryer, dishwasher...etc....and internet.  😉  Had a lot of nice visits from not only her, but many from Otto, ...coming by in his tractor most times.  Pretty cute.   Enjoyed walks down to area they rebuilt the old original family one room cabin near the bay.  Met a lot of the family, all nice people.  

Nice family, but indeed no where near the drama they show on TV.  And no where near the "remote" that they make it seem.  2 miles of gravel road coming in off the main paved highway there, then just 12 miles into town with hospitals, 3 grocery stores, lots of restaurants, tourist trap shops, car repair, building supplies, etc...etc.   AND...yes a McDonalds in the middle of town.  🤭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I am not usually big on reality shows either. However, this one does have me rather hooked. I'm not sure if it the boats, the locations, some sort of glimpse into yachty life and the people that charter these boats, or all of the above. 

Sometimes I watch The Love Boat retuns just to look at the ship. The secondary stories are usually pretty lame.

• Like 3

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I am not usually big on reality show either. However, this one does have me rather hooked. I'm not sure if it the boats, the locations, some sort of glimpse into yachty life and the people that charter these boats, or all of the above. 

Sometimes I watch The Love Boat retuns just to look at the ship. The secondary stories are usually pretty lame.

I started watching Below Deck Med and loved seeing all the locations and the glimpse into the world of yachting, that is what hooked me.    Now I love seeing all of them and all of the crew and their "dirt".

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I started watching Below Deck Med and loved seeing all the locations and the glimpse into the world of yachting, that is what hooked me.    Now I love seeing all of them and all of the crew and their "dirt".

I find it very amusing to see how their behaviors change when they go from Below Deck to "Above Deck". 😯😄

You missed a few seasons if you started in the Med.

Speaking of phones, our IPhones often show “Spam Risk” when a call comes up.  My husband answered one by chance one day and it was the health department scheduling his covid vaccine!  They won’t leave a message.  Good thing he answered it!  I’ve tried to find an answer as to how to disable this function to no avail.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

My healthy tooth, according to dentist, is trying to wiggle out of my mouth very slowly...but indeed is still intact in the mouth.  😉  

Sorry no picture of my tooth...but my friend wants to show hers off...  😄 

Image result for funny image of tooth

Nice set of teeth.😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So. Having a lot of time getting the dining room back together once the new floor was done. Still waiting on China hutch, another corner cabinet and new chandelier. It is finally coming into place. 
Table set because we are having our COVID friendly dinner party Sunday. The only 2 couples we have been together with in 11 months. 

86BB9C3C-FB7B-4DB3-814A-8E3A1D57FD54.jpeg

42690AC0-2F29-4616-816A-1FC26F0A4097.jpeg

203DF1F7-B2FA-49F4-B49D-6005986D9EF0.jpeg

733FAB2B-A80E-4E07-B22E-8583B9EB77EB.jpeg

Beautiful furniture and I absolutely love the floor.

• Like 1