Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Reminds me a bit of the movie Christmas Vacation.😊

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I do channel my inner Clark Griswald.

In Costa Maya today, and I took this picture getting back on Oasis for a "my ship is bigger than your ship" comparison:

IMG_20221122_161421652.thumb.jpg.8f1516918926cb7b21e52d92da1f735c.jpg

So if you're wondering why on earth I quoted the references to Christmas Vacation / Clark Griswald, it's a running joke with a friend of mine. 

After the whole Carnival Triumph situation a few years ago with the overflowing toilets for days on end, every time my friend sees a Carnival ship, she says, "Shitter's full!" like Cousin Eddie, emptying his black water tank into the storm sewer. 

With TWO Carnival ships in this picture, it's a double-duty shitter's full kind of day!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

We are getting there after a few issues on the cabinets.

The 4 upper cabinets by the range hood have the wrong pattern on the doors, they will be swapped out with the correct doors once they come in.

The pantry doors to the left of the fridge space, the upper ones should be just like the pattern on the lower doors on that cabinet.

Tomorrow the microwave and drawer will go in the stand up cabinets on the right.

Also they will be cutting in a hole behind the range hood for the duct for the oven fan.

Next week the countertop templet will be measured and made.

Still have to install all hardware handles on the island and all the rest of cabinets on the wall.

Hang  the 2 Pendant lights and finish installing ceiling can lights. Install mantle on Fireplace.

Also moulding above all the wall cabinets still needs to be installed.

Next after that have the brick guys come back to do the floor.

Exciting times !

20221122_160832.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Back when I made Thanksgiving dinner, I always did a second turkey (or just a breast) for the sole purpose of having leftovers for sammiches. 

I'd be heartbroken to have all that delicious turkey you pictured and then not be able to enjoy it for several more days afterwards!!!

I rarely like or eat leftovers except for thanksgiving meal , love Turkey and we make my father’s recipe for stuffing which I like even more than Turkey 😁, so even though it’s just the two of us we will make Turkey and stuffing, have been eating that stuffing all my life some 70 plus years.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I rarely like or eat leftovers except for thanksgiving meal , love Turkey and we make my father’s recipe for stuffing which I like even more than Turkey 😁, so even though it’s just the two of us we will make Turkey and stuffing, have been eating that stuffing all my life some 70 plus years.

YES!

When asked what my favorite meal is, it's "Thanksgiving dinner": turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy over the whole thing!

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had our family get together to celebrate Thanksgiving last weekend. I sous vide the turkey and it came out great. This year there was only 1 1/2 pieces left to make a sandwich with the next day.

20221119_122446.thumb.jpg.51b8b44d4c29c4aa643788fc7e5f5f74.jpg

We also had some great ham.

20221119_122535.thumb.jpg.6e731ddafac848e27e2cabb175e49632.jpg

Sharon always makes rolls from a recipe pasted down from her grandmother. 

20221119_122913.thumb.jpg.9be4238a7eb129f04f5f5df6eb5b0108.jpg

And we always have green bean casserole and a sweet potato casserole with pecans (no pic) that was so good it was like eating dessert. 

20221119_122558.thumb.jpg.5cc87f9ccec207727b8253ae960793a6.jpg

We also had pumpkin pie, Kentucky Derby pie, deviled eggs and other stuff I can't remember..... oh stuffing.... 

I ate more than I did at any specialty restaurants with the UDP.  😆 I added more after the pic.

20221119_123357.thumb.jpg.56fcd39cdf9bb8efd9ee5f27c71dcfbe.jpg

I guess we had peas and mash potatoes too.  As good as the meal was, getting the family together was even more enjoyable. 

Everything looks delicious, especially the star of the show your Turkey.   It looks soooo moist and juicy.    

I agree just getting everyone together is the best part of the day.    We could pizza and I would be just as happy and Thankful.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think Royal does that on purpose hoping you will give up and just throw in the towel on your claim and forget about it. Lots of companies work that way.

We don't buy our travel insurance through the cruise lines.  We go through Travel Insured...

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hoping to finish up Christmas decorating outdoors today. Yesterday was a long day setting up the animated trees. I'm just getting too old for this stuff. My knees were hurting so bad I couldn't hardly walk last night. And then my poor shoulder working on a 12 foot ladder trying to plug in over 20 extension cords on the 12 foot tree. Pictures to come soon.

My cousin would love you, Greg!  She posts daily how many days until Christmas.

While we never, ever, decorated on the scale that you do, we have nonetheless cut down on our indoor Christmas decorations, most especially since we head South around Dec. 28th.  Santa collections live in their boxes along with some of our Christmas Village.  My entire Nativity that I painted 50 years ago still comes out, though...at least 15 pieces, and our angels and gnomes make it out.  Of course, we still have to get the highest Christmas tree that will fit in our living room...

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I guess we had peas and mash potatoes too.  As good as the meal was, getting the family together was even more enjoyable. 

Priceless!  Nothing beats an enjoyable family get-together!

• Like 7

In Costa Maya today, and I took this picture getting back on Oasis for a "my ship is bigger than your ship" comparison:

IMG_20221122_161421652.thumb.jpg.8f1516918926cb7b21e52d92da1f735c.jpg

So if you're wondering why on earth I quoted the references to Christmas Vacation / Clark Griswald, it's a running joke with a friend of mine. 

After the whole Carnival Triumph situation a few years ago with the overflowing toilets for days on end, every time my friend sees a Carnival ship, she says, "Shitter's full!" like Cousin Eddie, emptying his black water tank into the storm sewer. 

With TWO Carnival ships in this picture, it's a double-duty shitter's full kind of day!  

We play Christmas vacation every Christmas it is my favorite holiday movie , great cast .

Sailing on Sunday flying to Florida Saturday have a corner aft sky suite on Beyond, just got our luggage tags laminated 😁.

Edited by George C
  • Like 8

I'd be heartbroken to have all that delicious turkey you pictured and then not be able to enjoy it for several more days afterwards!!!

The sous vide method just made it too good.  My oldest DD and I are the two that love turkey.   My youngest DD and Sharon can do without it but once everyone tasted it....  gone.  I usually have enough to make sandwiches with some of the leftover rolls.  Soooo good.  I need to just make me another one. 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Time for the new season of Survivor. Anyone watching?

23 hours ago, Luckynana said:

At first I was confused, but realized you meant Below Deck...

We got the joke, even if not intended.

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Much like Susan’s mother hated celebrating her birthday, because it fell on 9/11, my mother hated that her’s fell on the anniversary of JFK’s assassinatIon.  I still remember that date.  That Friday, I was at afternoon recess when the news broke.  

Along the same theme of birthdays on sad/unfortunate days, my cousin was born on the day Elvis passed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Food.  First stop in the Windjammer is one of the most popular stations-  the Stir Fry Station.  I make mine with no meat, noodle or rice.  I’ll even add more veggies to the dish.F6E92465-46AA-488F-A498-3F6FED49BED1.thumb.jpeg.48786dc319947a763253cfdeca8e92d5.jpeg

The other popular station- The Omelette Station.  Make mine a soft fluffy scramble with everything in it.

B5EF4DC7-9811-493F-9FC9-55A3C2D39A99.thumb.jpeg.9c770cfd90853b6ec676c29316c36d62.jpeg

Fish and no chips.  You can also go around the corner outside the Windjammer to El Local Fresh, get a tortilla and make a fish taco with this.

AE6409A6-0EF7-4EC1-904D-2738C915D6A2.thumb.jpeg.9cabd664febc7ef67e65edf0e0d85a8b.jpeg

Nachos with all the fixings’ from El Local Fresh

7D4644A6-67BE-46EF-8B69-0BA7173DC38F.thumb.jpeg.d1db3f950176c024153478e6d1e319d4.jpeg

Poor piggy…

B79D3AFC-F4B6-42EC-85B5-768546CC3C3A.thumb.jpeg.6bce83ed532a92b84c92075e4cf2e8a4.jpeg

Sorrento’s made a custom half carnivore pizza for me

AFB69B0F-B5D4-49CB-BE9D-34A51AA06F6B.thumb.jpeg.8487c9edc38d126fd5dd55ed1facc561.jpeg

Another popular station in the Windjammer is the Ice Cream Station.  It is in the front in between the bread and the bar.  They have the usual- Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, some with no sugar added.  Each day they will also have other special flavors such as Pistachio, Coconut, Orange Sherbet or Rainbow Sherbet.  They put out the ice cream even in the morning.  If there’s a specialty flavor that you like, you better get it early because it will go fast and will be gone later on in the day.

How was the fish. It looks good.  Last year I had a bad experience with it in the MDR.  I couldn't understand the waiter was saying they didn't have their regular fish and they were substituting it with another.  I love eating good fish and making a taco out of it would be nice.  Allure now has El Loco Fresh. I might try that trick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We are getting there after a few issues on the cabinets.

The 4 upper cabinets by the range hood have the wrong pattern on the doors, they will be swapped out with the correct doors once they come in.

The pantry doors to the left of the fridge space, the upper ones should be just like the pattern on the lower doors on that cabinet.

Tomorrow the microwave and drawer will go in the stand up cabinets on the right.

Also they will be cutting in a hole behind the range hood for the duct for the oven fan.

Next week the countertop templet will be measured and made.

Still have to install all hardware handles on the island and all the rest of cabinets on the wall.

Hang  the 2 Pendant lights and finish installing ceiling can lights. Install mantle on Fireplace.

Also moulding above all the wall cabinets still needs to be installed.

Next after that have the brick guys come back to do the floor.

Exciting times !

20221122_160832.jpg

It’s looking great!  

20 minutes ago, George C said:

We play Christmas vacation every Christmas it is my favorite holiday movie , great cast .

Sailing on Sunday flying to Florida Saturday have a corner aft sky suite on Beyond, just got our luggage tags laminated 😁.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, brillohead said:

YES!

When asked what my favorite meal is, it's "Thanksgiving dinner": turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy over the whole thing!

Does anyone remember the Friends episode when Ross went nuts after someone ate his leftover Turkey and stuffing sandwich?

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, George C said:

Growing up I remember having Oyster stuffing.   Our family doesn't even like the thought of it.

• Haha 1

We had the UDP for this Odyssey TA.  We purchased it at a really good price several years ago when we booked the cruise.  So my intent was to eat a lot and gain a lot of weight.  The problem with this ship is that there are not that many different specialty restaurants.  The usual Chops Grill, Giovanni’s, Izumi, Teppanyaki, Wonderland and Playmakers.  You try to map this out on a spreadsheet and you’ll find that there is only so many times you can eat at any one of these restaurants before it gets boring.  Besides that, it is a lot of food.  You finish one meal and before you know it, you got to go to the next meal.

So we ended up not going to a specialty restaurant every night.  About half the time it was the MDR or the Windjammer for dinner.  In the end, I did not gain any weight.  We decided that we will probably think twice before we purchase the UDP again because it is just too much food.

By the way, I don’t know how I missed it but I did not take any pictures of the gym.  This was a nice gym with lots of exercise equipments.

Filet Mignon at Chops done just right

C9451E4E-04F8-46B4-A984-BBACD26EBE13.thumb.jpeg.53f8357b84f79eadaea85c9e7b032051.jpeg

My favorite in the Main Dining Room- Beef Tenderloin- on Day 2

945E6BF8-6670-4326-95E0-26ED429E73DD.thumb.jpeg.9ceee05aa15a81adb66b2161544d2476.jpeg

Also on Day 2 MDR- Seafood Linguine 

49B0082B-8E05-4183-A08F-70DB94277E48.thumb.jpeg.4817974f1fd711474033c274396ae248.jpeg

Lobster Night in MDR- Day 6

6D89BAD3-5E8C-4565-94B6-E55B6CEC3E5E.thumb.jpeg.6a62b1d6a06fc1bcc465bc57550163c4.jpeg

Playmakers Classic Burger

4A8B8E62-35DA-4DC9-83C2-0D5D48DA5C1A.thumb.jpeg.b4b86c5f03a709ccf029c884fa7cfec2.jpeg

Onion Ring Tower

AC2E913B-801E-4A25-9A8B-6F4EC2950F1A.thumb.jpeg.9814de50505a137db0fb1c3271e1c4b6.jpeg

Chicken Wings- sauce on the s

84F8B0F5-DC90-4711-8553-6EA6137824A5.thumb.jpeg.14f44528addfde095692686e33500e7e.jpeg

Poke Nachos

C276A9AF-2AF7-46E8-94A3-14E1F4DC149B.thumb.jpeg.01b7dbd18c63a883a02b5e58d2b738cf.jpeg

We had the Touch Down Sundae with 5 scoops of ice cream (very small scoops) for dessert.  We devoured it before I could take a picture of it.

Izumi’s Sashimi

5C2A3BE5-FF8F-43D5-AEEE-8C6BC0F3E2DD.thumb.jpeg.8a933e37501c493eff035c0b684f5260.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, George C said:

I want to try Celebrity but I need to get familiar with the ships.  I finally got my RC status transferred to Celebrity.   Maybe if I check out the Celebrity forum I can get a better understanding of it.  

Have fun.  Looking forward to hearing how you liked it and seeing pics.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I want to try Celebrity but I need to get familiar with the ships.  I finally got my RC status transferred to Celebrity.   Maybe if I check out the Celebrity forum I can get a better understanding of it.  

Have fun.  Looking forward to hearing how you liked it and seeing pics.

We've been on the Equinox, and on the Silhouette several times.  We love these ships!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1