Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I was a freshman in high school when we got the news.  The bus ride home was a sad one for sure.

I was in junior high, one of the places we always take out of town visitors is the 6th floor museum where Oswald shot Kennedy, I highly recommend this if you visit the Dallas area. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hoping to finish up Christmas decorating outdoors today. Yesterday was a long day setting up the animated trees. I'm just getting too old for this stuff. My knees were hurting so bad I couldn't hardly walk last night. And then my poor shoulder working on a 12 foot ladder trying to plug in over 20 extension cords on the 12 foot tree. Pictures to come soon.

I don’t do ladders , if we need to use the attic my wife uses the ladder she is 12 years younger and about a hundred pounds lighter . 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

working on a 12 foot ladder

28 minutes ago, George C said:

I don’t do ladders , if we need to use the attic my wife uses the ladder she is 12 years younger and about a hundred pounds lighter . 

I have been banned from climbing up ladders past a few feet.   I still sneak a small one into the garden. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We were in the auditorium watching a movie, when Mother Superior turned it off and announced the tragedy;  we all left the auditorium and went up to the school Chapel to pray for our beloved President.

How is your granddaughter doing?  Hopefully she is much better and is up and around.

Your DD is always on my mind, and in my prayers🙏

Granddaughter still has a nasty, persistent cough, but at least her high fever is gone.  She is still on antibiotics.  Grandson also picked up a cough, but that was the extent for him.  Between the two of them, and my daughter trying to limit contact with sickness because her immune system is weakened, that’s why we pared down our Thanksgiving this year.   Thanks for your prayers for our daughter.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Update on whats going on.

ALL GOOD NEWS!

These last few weeks have been full of walking and thinking as well as crying when husband was at work.  Yup, nurse curse, pulled out the old medical books and well, that was not a good idea.

Damn insurance, have to go through a gate keeper to get things done, unless there shows an indication for a quicker approval to have a test done.

And during all this I am happy to say I am down 25 pounds.

More to go, now that I got a good report, more motivated to do even better.

Some stress helped me lose some, but more-over walking and improved diet.

In closing I just want to say thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers, I did visit cruise critic, but I think I was so self centered with my own racing mind, that I was too preoccupied to comprehend what is going on in everyone lives.

I apologize, because I know I missed a lot, and I am not going back nearly 100 pages to catch up.

So, I thought of all my friends here often, and just want you to know I care about you all.

Take care.

Happy in OHIO

That is great news, Sue.  

Google, or self diagnosis is the wort thing you can do.  I know the kind of stress it can put on someone, so it is always best to trust your medical professional. 

We have been there, done that with the medical insurance hoops with our daughter.  There needs to be a better way to do it.

And congratulations on the weight loss.

• Like 6

I am absolutely loving deck 6 front staterooms. The convenience to schooner bar, esplanade, diamond club, theater, music hall. It is very quiet and peaceful. I felt a very gentle rock last night. Sleeping well in this location. I am going to see if I can change my cabin to this area for Jan.

• Like 8

Been cat sitting Mr Fluff since Friday evening.  Every day he has been warming to me more.  Last night, he finally decided my lap was worthy.  He sat on my lap on the balcony, then in the hallway and then he finally curled up and went to sleep in my lap whilst I was sitting on the sofa watching the sunset 😻

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hoping to finish up Christmas decorating outdoors today. Yesterday was a long day setting up the animated trees. I'm just getting too old for this stuff. My knees were hurting so bad I couldn't hardly walk last night. And then my poor shoulder working on a 12 foot ladder trying to plug in over 20 extension cords on the 12 foot tree. Pictures to come soon.

So, the question is....Why?

Take care of yourself ,Greg.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

LOL....I watch that every Christmas season. Cracks me up every time. "Joy to the wooorld..."  😆 and then....(fizzle) no lights!  Some of the best scenes are with the neighbors. That huge chunk of spouting ice that goes crashing through their window...too much! 

I've been watching that movie as a annual tradition every year since it came out. I probably know all the lines. It still cracks me up.

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea Dog  In all seriousness, you would be doing yourself a favor to pay someone to put up your decorations.  No point in being exhausted and in pain over the holidays.

I know but I'm cheap in that regards. Jonathan has offered to help. I may get him involved next year.

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

That sounds…odd. Still, it’s carbs on carbs, which is never bad!

It's so good.

https://www.saveur.com/article/Kitchen/Its-an-Iowa-Thing/

3 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

So, the question is....Why?

Take care of yourself ,Greg.

MJ🙋🏻

Why because I am a Christmas freak and as hard work as it is, once it's all up I love the feel and coziness it brings to my home. I keep saying some year I will scale back but so far I haven't. Except for the fact I did not put up my vintage aluminum Christmas tree because I did not have room in the living room. The dog crate is taking up that space now.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

I get it,Greg. But still- be careful of those ladders. 

Channeling Seinfeld here- No more falls for you !

MJ🙋🏻

Yeah especially now with an artificial knee. I don't need to have it break.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

With 7 grandchildren it is getting louder each get together but hey, I can handle that and they have so much fun together.  The SIL's got together and cleaned up after the meal too. 😃 

That is the main reason we moved to Florida.  I wanted to spend the holidays with my son. 

SIL's get extra points for that clean up!

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Thank you again for this follow-up info.  Very helpful to those of us that are technically challenged (i.e.....Me) . I will give it a try tomorrow, since it is too late to call my brother now. 😁 

Seriously though, thank you for this info.

Pat

Pat, I'm more than happy to pass along the info.  I learned about wifi calling from someone here on CC, and I'm just paying it forward!

So, did you call your brother in Airplane Mode today?  

• Like 2

Food.  First stop in the Windjammer is one of the most popular stations-  the Stir Fry Station.  I make mine with no meat, noodle or rice.  I’ll even add more veggies to the dish.F6E92465-46AA-488F-A498-3F6FED49BED1.thumb.jpeg.48786dc319947a763253cfdeca8e92d5.jpeg

The other popular station- The Omelette Station.  Make mine a soft fluffy scramble with everything in it.

B5EF4DC7-9811-493F-9FC9-55A3C2D39A99.thumb.jpeg.9c770cfd90853b6ec676c29316c36d62.jpeg

Fish and no chips.  You can also go around the corner outside the Windjammer to El Local Fresh, get a tortilla and make a fish taco with this.

AE6409A6-0EF7-4EC1-904D-2738C915D6A2.thumb.jpeg.9cabd664febc7ef67e65edf0e0d85a8b.jpeg

Nachos with all the fixings’ from El Local Fresh

7D4644A6-67BE-46EF-8B69-0BA7173DC38F.thumb.jpeg.d1db3f950176c024153478e6d1e319d4.jpeg

Poor piggy…

B79D3AFC-F4B6-42EC-85B5-768546CC3C3A.thumb.jpeg.6bce83ed532a92b84c92075e4cf2e8a4.jpeg

Sorrento’s made a custom half carnivore pizza for me

AFB69B0F-B5D4-49CB-BE9D-34A51AA06F6B.thumb.jpeg.8487c9edc38d126fd5dd55ed1facc561.jpeg

Another popular station in the Windjammer is the Ice Cream Station.  It is in the front in between the bread and the bar.  They have the usual- Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, some with no sugar added.  Each day they will also have other special flavors such as Pistachio, Coconut, Orange Sherbet or Rainbow Sherbet.  They put out the ice cream even in the morning.  If there’s a specialty flavor that you like, you better get it early because it will go fast and will be gone later on in the day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had our family get together to celebrate Thanksgiving last weekend. I sous vide the turkey and it came out great. This year there was only 1 1/2 pieces left to make a sandwich with the next day.

20221119_122446.thumb.jpg.51b8b44d4c29c4aa643788fc7e5f5f74.jpg

Back when I made Thanksgiving dinner, I always did a second turkey (or just a breast) for the sole purpose of having leftovers for sammiches. 

I'd be heartbroken to have all that delicious turkey you pictured and then not be able to enjoy it for several more days afterwards!!!

• Like 8