Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you still dealing with claim forms from hubby's surgery?

Oh, yes.  I finally decided to write a cover page, describing our entire ordeal, starting with Ship Infirmary, ER in St. John Regional Hospital, NB, and Queen Elizabeth II Infirmary, where surgery took place.  There is not enough room to fill info out on these forms, not to mention they want Dr. to fill in info.  I'm sending all of the Dr and Hospital reports, Hotel, prescriptions, etc.  I then made columns with all of expenses...one column with Canadian hospital etc charges, and column with what we paid in US Dollars.  Thankfully my daughter will take the forms and pages of receipts, payment papers, etc and will fax them all for me.  I just want to be done, and hope all is well so we can get reimbursed in full.🙏

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh, yes.  I finally decided to write a cover page, describing our entire ordeal, starting with Ship Infirmary, ER in St. John Regional Hospital, NB, and Queen Elizabeth II Infirmary, where surgery took place.  There is not enough room to fill info out on these forms, not to mention they want Dr. to fill in info.  I'm sending all of the Dr and Hospital reports, Hotel, prescriptions, etc.  I then made columns with all of expenses...one column with Canadian hospital etc charges, and column with what we paid in US Dollars.  Thankfully my daughter will take the forms and pages of receipts, payment papers, etc and will fax them all for me.  I just want to be done, and hope all is well so we can get reimbursed in full.🙏

Sounds like you have done all your homework in gathering and filling out.

I hope for positive response and full reimbursement. 🙏

• Like 1

Just a few more Odyssey pictures and maybe some food pictures and then I will stop.  I thank Dani and you all for putting up with what seemed like a gazillion pictures from me.  I hope you weren’t bored to tears.  We had quite an adventure the last several weeks and I thank you all for allowing me to share part of that with you.

A sea day sunrise

6B6B7C5C-ADF3-40FB-8BF0-222B25EE020A.thumb.jpeg.f44987ccef4284f6469622e2bea70cae.jpeg

The Solarium

D116E089-9F2D-4458-BBCF-9E0964B21236.thumb.jpeg.f8583ec8b068ea6fa896b6e38688a04f.jpeg

Deck 4 Royal Esplanade

2773989D-9D7B-4939-80DB-D0B6C4F0F07F.thumb.jpeg.ce98ec64e5432c33dcc7c63827337498.jpeg

704849D0-5340-4018-9913-DE9BDDD7084A.thumb.jpeg.1ada89a47e98054c5d86592e7a63c924.jpeg

From Deck 5, you can look down into the Main Dining Room on Deck 3

5A8D0B69-1596-45D2-963B-F674295305EE.thumb.jpeg.e1086054e5eaafbeff066b9ab2014c8e.jpeg

A giant pool table

5DA3C118-8EFC-4B7E-986F-EC19F444C161.thumb.jpeg.d5098f8926adbecb8b8a6809835f6340.jpeg

Night of dancing in Music Hall 

71EA4766-1A2B-46FB-9DF1-787E00417378.thumb.jpeg.851da5fdef0c77779ddc1f1dd64cecea.jpeg

Early before the sun came up

B7D12CC1-449A-40CC-9BA7-EB3EF1CB5016.thumb.jpeg.4d94a06b17709e1e4e53a04eca06dce0.jpeg

And of course…this

45C0FEB2-866F-43C1-AFB5-100330DB7BDA.thumb.jpeg.7c3c01517046c68715d695f9c70b4a62.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, seapad said:

@Arzeena, we are also D+. Will be on the HOS in April. Have never used the BOGO dining before but seriously thinking about using it. However, we prefer going to specialty dining in the middle part of our 7 nights cruise. Do you know if there's a way to book the BOGO requesting the specialty restaurant for Day 4 or Day 7? Will they accommodate? 
We are hoping to use it on Central Park 150. 
Thanks! 

Hi!

BOGO is only for night 1 or 2 but some ships may accommodate for other nights, The only reason they have acommodated us recently was because there were no reservations available at all on night one or two.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

At first I was confused, but realized you meant Below Deck...

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh man, it has been a long Monday. Sorry.🫣

😆 You got me too!  I was like, cr@p 😳, I can't believe it!  I hit the guide and looked back a couple hours and then went to Wednesday........

• Like 2

5 hours ago, seapad said:

@Arzeena, we are also D+. Will be on the HOS in April. Have never used the BOGO dining before but seriously thinking about using it. However, we prefer going to specialty dining in the middle part of our 7 nights cruise. Do you know if there's a way to book the BOGO requesting the specialty restaurant for Day 4 or Day 7? Will they accommodate? 
We are hoping to use it on Central Park 150. 
Thanks! 

When I've wanted to do this, I go to the restaurant (not just the tables on the Promenade, but the actual restaurant) first thing after boarding and ask... the person at the podium often has to get their boss, but I've never had them say no.  

They have to charge you then, b/c the coupon disappears after the first day or two, but then they make the reservation for your desired day/time.  If they say no, they say no.... but you never know if you don't ask. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@brillohead  Thank you for your explanation of wi-fi calling!  

I 'think' I have it set up correctly, thanks to you and Google.  🤞

You're very welcome!  

You can easily test it at home -- turn on Airplane Mode, then enable Wi-Fi (if Airplane Mode disabled it.... I think with iPhones the Wi-Fi stays active in Airplane Mode).  

Then make a call.... and ask the person you called to call you back.  It will work the same way on the ship.... airplane mode and wi-fi on.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You're very welcome!  

You can easily test it at home -- turn on Airplane Mode, then enable Wi-Fi (if Airplane Mode disabled it.... I think with iPhones the Wi-Fi stays active in Airplane Mode).  

Then make a call.... and ask the person you called to call you back.  It will work the same way on the ship.... airplane mode and wi-fi on.  

Thank you again for this follow-up info.  Very helpful to those of us that are technically challenged (i.e.....Me) . I will give it a try tomorrow, since it is too late to call my brother now. 😁 

Seriously though, thank you for this info.

Pat

• Like 4

Today would have been my Mother’s 94th birthday.  We always celebrated her birthday during our family Thanksgiving celebration when all of our close and extended family would gather at our house.  We had hoped to restart that extended family Thanksgiving this year, but circumstances have delayed that now for another year.

Much like Susan’s mother hated celebrating her birthday, because it fell on 9/11, my mother hated that her’s fell on the anniversary of JFK’s assassinatIon.  I still remember that date.  That Friday, I was at afternoon recess when the news broke.  

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Capt Lee looked okay on that show from Celebrity Beyond with all the BD Captains.   Was that filmed before or after this new season?

I believe the Beyond was filmed after so you are right, he did look a lot better on that show with Andy.  Glad you remembered that! 😀

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Much like Susan’s mother hated celebrating her birthday, because it fell on 9/11, my mother hated that her’s fell on the anniversary of JFK’s assassinatIon.  I still remember that date.  That Friday, I was at afternoon recess when the news broke.  

We were in the auditorium watching a movie, when Mother Superior turned it off and announced the tragedy;  we all left the auditorium and went up to the school Chapel to pray for our beloved President.

How is your granddaughter doing?  Hopefully she is much better and is up and around.

Your DD is always on my mind, and in my prayers🙏

• Like 8

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Today would have been my Mother’s 94th birthday.  We always celebrated her birthday during our family Thanksgiving celebration when all of our close and extended family would gather at our house.  We had hoped to restart that extended family Thanksgiving this year, but circumstances have delayed that now for another year.

Nov. 22, 1963.  I was taking a history exam when the news came over the loudspeaker. 

We were shell shocked and our teacher made us finish the exam.  We all hated him for that.  Funeral was Nov. 25.  What a sad time for our country

Constant prayers for your daughter.

• Like 9

Hoping to finish up Christmas decorating outdoors today. Yesterday was a long day setting up the animated trees. I'm just getting too old for this stuff. My knees were hurting so bad I couldn't hardly walk last night. And then my poor shoulder working on a 12 foot ladder trying to plug in over 20 extension cords on the 12 foot tree. Pictures to come soon.

• Like 14