Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Sure hope so! We just celebrated my Mom's 100th. Had a great party for her at her assisted living center. Congrats on the 99th! 

IMG_2440.jpeg

Congratulations on your Mom's Milestone Birthday.  100!!!!  God Bless!❤️

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday to your Mom.    Wonderful photo - love her big smile😀

@OnTheJourney   + 1 . She looks marvelous, touch wood 👍

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

@jagsfanHappy 99th Birthday to your dear friend Ginny!  I'm so happy for you that she is back, Mimi!!

+ 1 , Cheers to Ginny 🍷, and Mimi - so glad to see you posting, I've been thinking about you 😘

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

IMG_0086.thumb.jpeg.4d818d71fd11701a0dcbe2d6b98999ed.jpeg

Sea Dog and Mrs Sea Dog along with the Sea Dog kids, Charlie and Lizzy wish everyone who celebrates a wonderful feast of Thanksgiving. I for one am lucky in that I don't have to host but will make egg noodles for the mashed potatoes and gravy at Linda's cousin. I am so thankful to Dani and all the wonderful people who participate on this daily thread. I consider you all close friends that I will cherish forever. I plan on taking Christmas decoration pictures tonight and will post on Friday. I think the house turned out pretty good. We even got a new couch delivered today. Merry Christmas to us.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am happy to say I received my blood results today and my cholesterol numbers have improved by 20 to 30 points for various categories.     The Doc said last fall I was borderline of needing a statin with my numbers so she should be pleased to see my improvement with no meds.    

If she tests me after the holidays and a cruise - forget it!!!

Well done on your cholesterol numbers, Debbie!   My PA wants me to repeat my bloodwork for something she didn't like🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We did a Mayan Ruins tour several years ago.    I found it informative and interesting to learn about their lifestyle and we saw some Mayan's working in a field and restoring a building while on the tour.   

Now, you are going to ask which one we did......It was in Cozumel and that is all I can remember right now.   If you have never done one, I would give it a go at least once.

We are doing Nachi Cocom in Cozumel.  We were looking at Maya Chan Beach in Costa Maya which looks real good but our cruise friends mentioned checking out the Ruins so we are doing our research. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_0086.thumb.jpeg.4d818d71fd11701a0dcbe2d6b98999ed.jpeg

Sea Dog and Mrs Sea Dog along with the Sea Dog kids, Charlie and Lizzy wish everyone who celebrates a wonderful feast of Thanksgiving. I for one am lucky in that I don't have to host but will make egg noodles for the mashed potatoes and gravy at Linda's cousin. I am so thankful to Dani and all the wonderful people who participate on this daily thread. I consider you all close friends that I will cherish forever. I plan on taking Christmas decoration pictures tonight and will post on Friday. I think the house turned out pretty good. We even got a new couch delivered today. Merry Christmas to us.

There they are!!!!  Charlie and Lizzy are so darned cute!!

Have a healthy and Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.  Enjoy your noodles!!🦃

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am happy to say I received my blood results today and my cholesterol numbers have improved by 20 to 30 points for various categories.     The Doc said last fall I was borderline of needing a statin with my numbers so she should be pleased to see my improvement with no meds.    

If she tests me after the holidays and a cruise - forget it!!!

What helped get the numbers down.  I will do my blood test a week before the next cruise. I hope you can stay away from statins.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My PA wants me to repeat my bloodwork for something she didn't like🤷‍♀️

I hate when they are vague and want repeat on labs.    Hopefully all is fine.

I go for my annual physical and mammogram the beginning of January.   It is crazy how far out you have to book appointments for some things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What helped get the numbers down.  I will do my blood test a week before the next cruise. I hope you can stay away from statins.

I cut back on some fatty foods like pork roll, scrapple and bacon.    I try to make only twice a week now previously I was making a full breakfast with one side of meat almost every day.   So that also reduced amount of eggs per week.   

We always eat a lot of fish in the summer so I am continuing with fish on the menu at least twice a week during the fall/winter.   

I used to put butter on my toast, now I use Land O'Lakes Fresh Buttery Taste spread on breads and sometimes bagels instead of cream cheese.    

Cut back on my ice cream snacks and cheese snacks.

And I have been using the air fry option a lot more with my cuisinart counter top oven.

And I started taking a daily fish oil capsule with 360 mg of Omega 3 (not really sure if that helps cholesterol - but figured couldn't hurt).   

I was thrilled that I was able to squeeze in an appt at 7:15 am on Tuesday as the lab did not have anything available next week and we cruise on 12.04 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are doing Nachi Cocom in Cozumel.  We were looking at Maya Chan Beach in Costa Maya which looks real good but our cruise friends mentioned checking out the Ruins so we are doing our research. 

In Costa Maya look at Native Choice, a private vendor.  We used them a whole back to go to Chacobben, I think that's the right spelling, and they were great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hate when they are vague and want repeat on labs.    Hopefully all is fine.

I go for my annual physical and mammogram the beginning of January.   It is crazy how far out you have to book appointments for some things.

She actually said my white blood cells were high...possibly from an infection.  Booking for blood work can be tough!  As far as getting mammos and dexos here, it's pretty quick!  Not so on Staten Island.  I had to book months ahead.  Thanks Deb!😘

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, I had bloodwork done Monday!!  All good, cholesterol borderline but did go down about 20 points.  Charlie said good thing all was okay as I need to stay healthy to take care of him🤪

@Luckynanarepeat things are so stressful, usually just an error🤞

Thanks Marietta!  Sure hope so!🥰

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, I had bloodwork done Monday!!  All good, cholesterol borderline but did go down about 20 points.  Charlie said good thing all was okay as I need to stay healthy to take care of him🤪

Glad your bloodwork is all good, Marietta!  and, Charlie's right...you need to stay healthy for him!!!💕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I recently had a physical and was surprised that everything looked good, I now realize if the doctor calls to give me the results it’s not that good if nurse calls it’s good.

On thanksgiving we used to cruise every thanksgiving (now do the week after) on one of these cruises we were on a Italian line and on thanksgiving they told us in a low voice that they we could have Turkey they were not offering it to all the Europeans , we passed .

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I cut back on some fatty foods like pork roll, scrapple and bacon.    I try to make only twice a week now previously I was making a full breakfast with one side of meat almost every day.   So that also reduced amount of eggs per week.   

image.jpeg.1cf8449a455f0526fbd5d1f447d6375e.jpeg

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Great news,Marietta. I am going for my Annual Physical on Friday early in the morning.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear they have covid.   Hopefully all remain mild and others do not contract covid.     

I hope you and Hubby find a nice way to spend Thanksgiving day with each other.   

Maybe call it loungewear day and snuggle on the sofa and watch some holiday movies.🥰

You just described our Thanksgiving tomorrow!

And Debbie, Marietta, congrats on your good numbers.  

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Sure hope so! We just celebrated my Mom's 100th. Had a great party for her at her assisted living center. Congrats on the 99th! 

IMG_2440.jpeg

You cannot mean that lovely lady with her hands on a walker, the one with a beautiful smile is 100?  Happy, happy birthday!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My 14 year old grandson has always been short.  I mean really short.  Hnever said he was bullied and I hope that was the case.  For some inexplicable reason he loved playing basketball as often as possible, even went to basketball summer camp and played after school, weekends.  In group pictures he was always the shortest boy.  We were all wondering what the next step would be when BOOM he had a growth spurt.  He's now a member of his HS Basketball Team.  Yes!!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2