Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sea Dog Christmas Decorations Are Finally UP !

After 3 weeks I finally got all the decorations up. The house feels very cozy. Since I did not want to post a ton of pictures I decided to put together a slide show of everything with music from the great Jackie Gleason Orchestra.

Fun Facts.

* 5 inside trees with 3, I did not set up. One being my vintage aluminum tree in the living room because of new furniture and the basement tree since we don't use the basement as much now a days. And 3 Jonathan's bedroom tree as he has it know at his house.

* All the tree toppers, mantle swags, garland, little displays and table settings were designed by my wife Linda. She is quite crafty and I love her ideas.

*The tree in the upstairs master is my parents original tree which is over 55 years old. It has over two hundred ornaments some of which are over 70 years old. There are over 200 ornaments on the tree.

*The Santa Collection was started by my mom. Most of the Santas are hand carved from wood and some of them are over 70 years old.

* Also from Linda's mom's house was the Jewelry Tree and the Ceramic Christmas Tree both over 60 years old.

* Outside has 3 Christmas trees, one on the front porch and the 3 animated trees in the back with 5 zones of 3 colors each with over 20 extension cords for each tree.

* My studio tree above the garage has my pride and joy an official Christmas Story Leg Lamp.

I tried to include everything in the video but we have so much stuff. I hope this gets you in the mood for the holidays.

Happy Holidays from the Sea Dog family.

Well done, I think if I was you I would keep them up 365 days a year and never take them down, So beautiful..........I thought I was watching one of those Hallmark Christmas Movies my Wife has been watching nonstop.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Well done, I think if I was you I would keep them up 365 days a year and never take them down, So beautiful..........I thought I was watching one of those Hallmark Christmas Movies my Wife has been watching nonstop.

Thanks. Yeah I watch all those Hallmark movies. The first couple of years they were pretty corny. They have have gotten better with scripting and plots. They are still pretty formula driven and predictable but I'll still watch. They will have about 40 new movies this year. I can't even think of how many movies I've watched over the years. It's a yearly tradition.

• Like 2

@derorim Here is a link to someone's steps in making one. They don't have lights but I'm sure when you put the jewelry on you make space to drill the holes. Or you could probably draw and outline and put marks where you want the holes then fill in by glueing the jewelry in.

https://retrorenovation.com/2017/12/04/make-vintage-costume-jewelry-christmas-tree-get-tips/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We got a later start then we had hoped but we both in slow motion this morning.   We just stopped at Vincetown diner for lunch then about another hour to get to our LBI house. 

Lots of traffic yesterday and today.  Safe travels to anyone venturing out.  

We had a wonderful day at my Brothers.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sea Dog Christmas Decorations Are Finally UP !

After 3 weeks I finally got all the decorations up. The house feels very cozy. Since I did not want to post a ton of pictures I decided to put together a slide show of everything with music from the great Jackie Gleason Orchestra.

Fun Facts.

* 5 inside trees with 3, I did not set up. One being my vintage aluminum tree in the living room because of new furniture and the basement tree since we don't use the basement as much now a days. And 3 Jonathan's bedroom tree as he has it know at his house.

* All the tree toppers, mantle swags, garland, little displays and table settings were designed by my wife Linda. She is quite crafty and I love her ideas.

*The tree in the upstairs master is my parents original tree which is over 55 years old. It has over two hundred ornaments some of which are over 70 years old. There are over 200 ornaments on the tree.

*The Santa Collection was started by my mom. Most of the Santas are hand carved from wood and some of them are over 70 years old.

* Also from Linda's mom's house was the Jewelry Tree and the Ceramic Christmas Tree both over 60 years old.

* Outside has 3 Christmas trees, one on the front porch and the 3 animated trees in the back with 5 zones of 3 colors each with over 20 extension cords for each tree.

* My studio tree above the garage has my pride and joy an official Christmas Story Leg Lamp.

I tried to include everything in the video but we have so much stuff. I hope this gets you in the mood for the holidays.

Happy Holidays from the Sea Dog family.

Amazing!!!

• Like 1

@Sea Dog

Greg, I took a break after lunch from cleaning the dining room and opened up your slide show to Music.

WOW.

It was very enjoyable and loved watching it.

You maybe retired, but love the way you continue to share your talents.

Now you can sit back and enjoy the Spirit of Christmas.

Thanks for sharing.

Sue

AKA

The one Cleaning in OHIO

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

@derorim Here is a link to someone's steps in making one. They don't have lights but I'm sure when you put the jewelry on you make space to drill the holes. Or you could probably draw and outline and put marks where you want the holes then fill in by glueing the jewelry in.

https://retrorenovation.com/2017/12/04/make-vintage-costume-jewelry-christmas-tree-get-tips/

Thank you for the link.  I'm excited to give this a try.  My mom passed away in 2006 and I've held onto her jewelry, not really knowing what to do with it.  I got it out a couple of weeks ago and looked at it with our 8 year old granddaughter.  Your sharing of your jewelry tree was perfect timing.  Thanks.  I'll post a picture when I'm done (which now makes me committed to making and finishing it).

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Greg- Your effort during the past three weeks has certainly shown through.

Your home is a totally impressive Christmas display.

I do have a question- Where do you store all the decorations ,trees and outdoor lighting equipment?

MJ🙋🏻

We have a third car garage that's basically storage. I built a rack of shelving for everything. It's about 12 feet high. The animated trees as you can see break down into sections that I can put the smaller sections inside one another.

IMG_0204.thumb.jpeg.dfab39105e4f505028a446b61727c8b9.jpeg

Here's the array of extension cords I use for the outside. I don't even want to think how much money I spent over the years on extension cords. Yes I channel my inner Clark Griswald.

IMG_0440.thumb.jpeg.ac8cfd8cf61deb0a60ee01d299c44201.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Monday morning DW and I left the area I have been working in SoCal and drove home to be with our daughter, SIL and the kids. We’ve been on the road for almost 3months so it was a very welcome reunion for me. They got a new kitten so my wife was able to become enamored with another fur baby and it took all my grinch powers to keep from becoming cat parent again. I will again some day but not for a couple of years when I get to retire I think. We travel to much and it’s just and it just isn’t as easy. 

E9C87509-50A3-4249-A7A8-157581BA6E89.thumb.jpeg.a41f87db6614ca7774e3d085777222b1.jpeg

The highlight of the week so far was going to see Frozen, the Musical in San Francisco.  My oldest grand daughter was dying to go so it was my treat to take her.  I have missed so much of their lives with all my traveling that they could ask anything and I’d say yes and do it.  This one has me wrapped  around her finger.  Thankfully, she doesn’t realize it and try and take advantage of me.

I have to say that it was one of the best musicals I have ever seen.  Ive had the privilege to see quite a few over the years and this was the most surprising of them all.  Some of the best and most iconic.  However, this was a fabulous production.  I’d gladly go again. I know I’m not the typical demographic but it was a fantastic production.

We had a little excitement.  3/4 of the way through the first act strobe lights began flashing and a voice came over a loud speaker that advised us that we “must immediately evacuate the building.”  and so out we all went.  It was a remarkably orderly exit.  Loads of emergency vehicles showed up while we all stood there on the sidewalk not knowing what was happening and then 15 minutes later they reopened the emergency doors and let us all back in.  You’d have thought that might ruin the experience but honestly it just made it a little more unique. The actors just restarted at the begging of the scene that was interrupted and everything carried on as expected.

We ate at Benihana’s afterwords.  Fantastic hibachi!

E6EEC223-D364-4369-8AD1-2FF86FCF35DB.thumb.jpeg.94b0d1a214870a812a9990027e1acd75.jpeg

5FB935E6-26F3-482A-BE8E-A6B50933B813.thumb.jpeg.6f3ffe00d105431650b8941840eb684f.jpeg

518D9B3B-D218-40B3-924E-A6BF82C5F95B.thumb.jpeg.8de0ba94a2bda89a21689f12179b2492.jpeg

We left Thanksgiving morning and drove back to SoCal and had thanksgiving dinner at a shelter I’ve had opportunity to spend some time and work at over the last couple months. It was in Pomona which is an area with a lot of gang activity, prostitution and homelessness. It was a fabulous event. We had a couple hundred folks come through for dinner. We were able to feed everyone and send home extra with some who wanted it at the end. It was a remarkably festive event and the local organizers, whom i have gotten to know over the last little while did an amazing event.  I will not be posting pictures out of respect for the privacy of those who were in attendance but if I could I’m everyone would be just amazed. This will be my most memorable thanksgiving ever.

We had two kinds of turkey and ham as well as all the usual Thanksgiving accompaniments, including dessert.  A local Costco donated pumpkin pies and and enough spraycan whip cream to feed double what we had.

This brings a close to my time in Southern California for now but I can’t wait to get back next year sometime.  

Today we boarded our flight to Hawaii and we embark NCL’s Pride of America tomorrow.  I almost feel guilty after yesterday but my wife puts up with a lot so she deserves this.  I scored and exit row seat and have no sitting in the middle seat so I almost feel like I’m in business class.  My first Bloody Mary has been ordered and vacation has officially commenced.  

To all my fellow Royal loyalists I apologize for my adulterous fling with NCL.  There was a special personal circumstance, that i wont bore you with, that precipitated canceling Allure of the seas and choosing this one. I hope you will forgive me.  I’m back on Royal in Jan, Mar, Aug, and Dec… I’m hoping that is enough prove my fidelity.  🙂 

I’m not doing a live since I haven’t really posted much on the NCL board and it would seem weird sharing the experience with folks I haven’t really interacted with.  If no one minds, I’ll drop in from time to time here and post pictures and experiences.

Sorry for such a long post… There was a lot to catch up on.

mele kalikimaka

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

I missed out yesterday, because I was isolated in my room, reading all day.  That is the first Thanksgiving I didn’t overeat. The grandkids finished putting together the Lego Elf house for under our tree, and enjoyed playing with the train and monorail.  We will have them on Monday, so they will be busy putting together the gingerbread house from Lego. 

0F156421-E5E3-4ABC-B9B3-46EE35BFCE2C.thumb.jpeg.482f80208f7af7314ee678fd980aac2a.jpeg

I was feeling better today, with no symptoms.  Daughter and grandkids were over today to help eat leftovers, and we had a Playdoh sculpting contest.  A few of the creations. 

4F1D4B0D-05AA-4BE5-9A00-C692E8AE6579.thumb.jpeg.53dccd031e43e60b7ee5575410829983.jpeg

1B08E345-0658-4551-B213-01581D4835AB.thumb.jpeg.f8f60ceef95fd378ead6501e30ca6a29.jpeg

5746262E-EB87-4596-BACC-917DB47234D7.thumb.jpeg.d155f6f91fa63eeb79c0a2cd5a5b8d8f.jpeg

1DA86A35-4D79-4185-B5B2-3394E3BFAEC8.thumb.jpeg.4c626d391ace541d9d1a593f9321a88b.jpeg

We have a lot of fun with that, 

• Like 22

Today started at 6 am. Time to do the dining room. 
Waterford crystal and china cabinets washed and wood polished. 
Red globe light globe and all crystals cleaned. 
Floor washed. Cat hair removed. 
Christmas table clothe and dinner mats washed ironed and placed. 
Dining room chairs cleaned with Milsek than waxed. 
Center piece musical nativity globe cleaned and displayed. 

12FE5AF5-CD64-4016-BDD0-6F282235D5C5.thumb.jpeg.bf178323ea78121d70e345d89d359cf6.jpeg

8D4CE352-013D-4904-969E-43CFB8CFA6FE.thumb.jpeg.f4b5a5ab763324e5b65bde2589825058.jpeg

154350E8-A171-4DFF-BFD6-39F1F6E23379.thumb.jpeg.872f5d15b03db4e7dfa1b16936c34e89.jpeg

01A7F6C7-EAE4-46B2-AE73-76B62A86D683.thumb.jpeg.04c3f240e4ab869a95e4f37c8dcb2caa.jpeg

70CED8E3-5854-488D-B254-38B9FF14A737.thumb.jpeg.a89c651e209cd0e76299f2f8addabf46.jpeg

4C5DDF72-0AD1-4916-9E71-352537C71F0B.thumb.jpeg.870220851bf42d4e477b4e6089ec5799.jpeg

7E990DE1-7A0A-4A0A-A57F-0A267CFDA598.thumb.jpeg.a497e45391970d477e63f0ce3e286cfe.jpeg

2DE02285-5756-4699-A8FD-934E85BB1798.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

If no one minds, I’ll drop in from time to time here and post pictures and experiences.

Dave, enjoy this very special and port intensive cruise 🌼

Looking forward to your thoughts and experiences on Pride of America. 

Curious how it will compare to ours, thanks.

• Like 4