Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!  This will be a great itinerary for a b2b.   

I have to start looking at 2024 itineraries for Europe sailings.   

Does anyone know when the rest of the 2024 itineraries for Europe will be released by Royal?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Does anyone know when the rest of the 2024 itineraries for Europe will be released by Royal?

I see a very nice itinerary with Anthem on September 8, 2024. We've done almost the same one, with Bilbao (which was the main draw) instead of La Coruna.

... and there is one including Israel with the Odyssey on Sept. 3 😉

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Right now we're at -11, feels like -33. Yuk. We're tucked in for the day. Fri should hover around 0, unk wind chill.

Isn't Garlic like a weed and just keeps on giving?

We usually don't get sub zero weather but from what I have read most will survive with heavy mulching.   What is concerning is we had a warm period longer than normal after they were planted and they were growing more than expected. There are two main types, Hardneck and Softneck.   I am growing varieties of both. Hardneck can handle real cold better than Softneck. Garlic needs to go through a period of cold but not this cold. I have read garlic can handle -20 to -30 for a period of time.  This will be the coldest that I have grown garlic.  We will see how it goes.Always learning. 

• Like 4

It’s been an exciting morning here. I cleaned the Keurig and while I was doing that Lisa was up to something more exciting.  You will notice, those are not raisins or lighthouses. 😂

96607426-9DBD-4004-9D30-69384F9D3FC3.thumb.jpeg.2b9c43671a379615083963ba9666a179.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8
  • Haha 13

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I see a very nice itinerary with Anthem on September 8, 2024. We've done almost the same one, with Bilbao (which was the main draw) instead of La Coruna.

... and there is one including Israel with the Odyssey on Sept. 3 😉

My Wife seems to be more interested with Spain and Italy , she hasn't mentioned the Canary Islands and she wants to link it with a Norway Cruise.............Not even sure what the weather would be like that late in the Season in Norway. Do they even do those cruises that late?

Odyssey has been having a lot of engine/mechanical related issues latley so don't think we want to travel that far and have the itinerary cut short or or ports canceled. That would be really disappointing. 😞

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No worries, HBE4. This thread doesn't charge by the number of words, commas, etc., like I was charging when doing editing work 😉

Judy, sorry about your teeth. The pain is just awful, take care 😘

🎄 Merry Christmas

to all who celebrate 🎄

+ 1 Brrrrr 🌞

😢 Somedays, are not "our" days....

Hilarious... Lisa is the best dancer between your three 😘

Wishing you and your family Dani best wishes always.

Graham x

EFA8EA63-2D0C-4ADE-B5B3-BF07EED2CECE.jpeg.4c16e56059c8585fbd005d9f60862e1e.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

42°F and raining here in North East England.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to Christmas.

57 and partly sunny here.Heavy wind .Temperatures tonight in the teens and even windier.Our party tomorrow is still on.Most people will be coming from parts of NY that will be a lot colder than the 11 degrees we are supposed to have.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

a Norway Cruise

I wouldn't recommend a Norway cruise later than this one (which I highly recommend, it is a very unique and special itinerary, may be twice a season). Geiranger is a must.

12 Days Scandinavia & Fjords

Royal Caribbean Int. • Jewel of the Seas
Amsterdam, Molde, Arctic Circle, Honningsvag, Tromso, Arctic Circle, Olden, Geiranger, Flaam, Stavanger, Amsterdam
1 departure dates: Aug 10 2024

OTOH, I wouldn't recommend a cruise to Spain, Italy & Greek Islands in July & August.

I would go for end of May -- end of June, and September. So, ideally, a Norway cruise beginning of June, linked with one to Spain, Italy or Greek Islands.

Amsterdam, Geiranger, Tromso, Honningsvag, Arctic Circle, Alesund, Flaam, Stavanger, Kristiansand, Amsterdam
1 departure dates: May 30 2024

or, vice versa,  Spain, Italy or Greek Islands and then Norway.

13 Days Scandinavia & Fjords

Amsterdam, Geiranger, Molde, Honningsvag, Tromso, Arctic Circle, Flaam, Alesund, Olden, Bergen, Amsterdam
1 departure dates: Jul 05 2024
  • Like 5

On 12/22/2022 at 8:25 AM, ownedbypets said:

No other plan for getting out other than to wait it out and get on a flight when she can. The power to her apartment in Chicago is being turned off on Saturday so she really can't stay there and since she is traveling with her cat she has booked a hotel, if necessary. We don't have our hopes up that she will make it to FL for Christmas.

So did your daughter's flight get canceled for today? Has she rebooked and found a hotel to stay in that takes pets?

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I wouldn't recommend a Norway cruise later than this one (which I highly recommend, it is a very unique and special itinerary, may be twice a season). Geiranger is a must.

Amsterdam, Molde, Arctic Circle, Honningsvag, Tromso, Arctic Circle, Olden, Geiranger, Flaam, Stavanger, Amsterdam

OTOH, I wouldn't recommend a cruise to Spain, Italy & Greek Islands in July & August.

I would go for end of May -- end of June, and September. So, ideally, a Norway cruise beginning of June, linked with one to Spain, Italy or Greek Islands.

Amsterdam, Geiranger, Tromso, Honningsvag, Arctic Circle, Alesund, Flaam, Stavanger, Kristiansand, Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Geiranger, Molde, Honningsvag, Tromso, Arctic Circle, Flaam, Alesund, Olden, Bergen, Amsterdam

I have been telling my Wife .July and August is to hot for the Western Med. Cruise but not sure how else we can link the 2  without flying in between which might be costly and a huge hassle.

Sunset yesterday ( top photo ) where I live !  Photos on the front page of our local paper . To those driving this weekend be careful . Happy holidays to all ! 

Thank you all for your kind comments about my toothache. 

25EDB6D8-6515-4D5F-A763-D659057EEDF0.jpeg

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

So, DD decided I needed a photo of grandad in the framed multiple family photo montage of his birthday dinner that I am gifting him for Christmas.

I went to Officeworks this afternoon to print off one photo, ended up selecting 95 recent holiday photos ….then inadvertently selected the poster size so the bill came to $895.00…had to cancel and go through the whole process again of uploading 4500 mobile phone photos (yes I should have put them in folders beforehand) and  selecting the ones I wanted.  Hit print for them to be printed out.  No receipt. Receipt needed for auto print machine.  30min queue at the help desk to get a receipt printed off.

Photos printing off very slowly, Then the at the 50th photo I realised that there was an issue with the printer, the photos were being printed with multiple green horizontal lines.  Sigh.  Back to the help desk.  No they can’t cancel the order mid print and no they can’t reprint right now. 

After spending over an hour and a half at Officeworks, I gave up and left the building with 50% good photos ….only to have the photo envelope carrying the photos burst and the 95 photos blown everywhere on the road and down a carpark ramp…,I had four kind strangers chasing after my photos….

Hoping no-one will notice will  the horizontal lined photo until I have a chance to replace….

Did you happen to pray that you could learn to have better patience?  I did that once.  A half hour trip to Walmart turned into a 2 hour trip.  🙃 Another lesson learned.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have seen people here in TX wear heavy puffy (down?) jackets when the temps "dipped" to the 40s. In the 19 years I'm in TX, I have worn my down jacket maybe 6 times.  I like that!

Now if you see someone in ARK wearing a winter jacket when it is 40 stop and say hi, I would love to meet you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I assume you know this but just in case you do not there will be a program on CBS this evening about your celebrated neighbor.It is 9PM my time presumably the same in your area.

I did not know that but I'll check it out if I'm home. Thanks.

It has finally warmed up to 8⁰.  I love heated seats!  We have been on the road for about an 1 1/2 hours.  Leaving town the hardest part was leaving our neighborhood but that wasn't to bad.  The weird thing is that now that we are further south we are running into long stretches of icy road.

image.thumb.png.974d270f5c68257c93b1f73f6212c3f3.png

• Like 7

Before leaving the kids and I all decided to turn the water off at our houses and drian the pipes.  I was having a hard time removing the cover off my meter. A man and his son that maintains lawns in our neighborhood pulled up.  The son jumped out, pulled off the cover and turned off the water and said, I got you man!   So nice. 

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I really like the May 30th itinerary, what cabins are best to book for the best view for this sailing?  Port, starboard or aft facing the wake? Now to find a cruise either before or after this one from Barcelona.......which looks like a 2 hour flight from Amsterdam to Barcelona, does that sound correct? Hopefully find one so we can spend 1 or 2 days inbetween cruises........Doesn't have to be Royal Caribbean either......Just 7-9 dayer with the most  Med. ports. Italy, Spain, France etc.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

BTW, I'm taking copious notes on Anthem cabin hints/recommendations. 👍

I almost feel like I'm planning for a cruise.

I think a future cruise in 2023 just might be in the cards for you!!🛳️

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

They don't cover transportation expenses.  Plus he has his car to get back to Michigan.  

Wishing safe travels as your son joins you just in time for the Holidays!  Please thank him again for his Service!🇺🇸

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I really like the May 30th itinerary, what cabins are best to book for the best view for this sailing?  Port, starboard or aft facing the wake? Now to find a cruise either before or after this one from Barcelona.......which looks like a 2 hour flight, does that sound correct? Hopefully find one so we can spend 1 or 2 days inbetween cruises........Doesn't have to be Royal Caribbean either......Just 7-9 dayer with the most  Med. ports. Italy, Spain, France etc.

For the May 30th, I see balcony 8600 (the last one on the hump available), and that will be my first choice. I know it's a matter of preference, but I don't like the "afts" due to "long distance".... I prefer to be as near as possible to stairs/elevators. And I prefer always starboard.

Before this one, you have Oasis out of Barcelona with the "classic" itinerary (May 19th).

After --Oasis from Rome on June 13rd, or from Barcelona on June 16th.

Explorer - just the Greek islands -- June 15th.

• Like 2