Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

The next part of my sad happy  sad December is in Manhattan. 
my granddaughter’s boyfriend flew with her from Chicago to visit her uncle. 
He had arranged for a photographer to be waiting at Rockefeller Plaza. 

CCF3C650-C946-4714-BA44-73BF209C2E51.jpeg

65EC53EB-9E52-41A9-84AF-60AA42454C55.jpeg

F2C8308E-81AC-491C-949F-06D675828C10.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Well, it’s been a sad happy sad month!

I’ll be so glad when it’s over!

My beloved brother Bill died suddenly Dec 3. He was trying to turn over in bed and told my sister-in-law he felt weak. 
Eileen was trying to help him turn over and he went limp and was gone. She and then Rescue tried to bring him back, but it was no use. 
If anyone was the spirit of Christmas in our family, it was Bill. Years ago he put together many collages of photos going back years and adding new family members as they came along. He picked out pages and pages of Christmas songs, including a couple in German, one in Latin, and two in Spanish. No one in our family speaks Spanish, but we sing very enthusiastically. 
He had all of this bound and created family songbooks for our Christmas Eve singing. 
When they started talking about moving to NC, I took one of those songbooks added to the photos, and had a local printer make up new books for my ever growing branch of the family. 
Bill was a conscientious attorney, loving husband, brother, father, grandfather, and uncle with such a warm and giving heart. 
He could tell true life stories that would have everyone laughing helplessly. He was curious about everything and was always researching something that struck his fancy. He had our family’s travel gene, but didn’t head for the famous landmarks. He would find interesting people with interesting life stories wherever he went. 
Tomorrow night after our feast, my family here in Florida will pick up our songbooks and do our best without him. 
Here’s my brother Bill, on his first trip to Russia. He had a tutor for a year so he could meet people. Being Bill, the authorities presented no problem. 
Second is his lawyer self. Always honest, always caring. 
Last is the Christmas ornament my granddaughters named Uncle Billy almost 30 years ago. It’s always second on the tree after Angela goes on top. 
Hug your loved ones. Make sure they know they are loved. We are never promised tomorrow. 

84A97938-7F2F-44C8-8E3D-E32E02759E3B.jpeg

923E7393-2245-4314-B205-D87E303D75D9.jpeg

1C146FB8-3789-4AD1-83FE-2C42C74F4EAD.jpeg

Mimi, it sounds like you were blessed with a great brother. I hate that you have to go through this loss but I am thankful you got to share your life with one such as your brother.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The next part of my sad happy  sad December is in Manhattan. 
my granddaughter’s boyfriend flew with her from Chicago to visit her uncle. 
He had arranged for a photographer to be waiting at Rockefeller Plaza. 

CCF3C650-C946-4714-BA44-73BF209C2E51.jpeg

65EC53EB-9E52-41A9-84AF-60AA42454C55.jpeg

F2C8308E-81AC-491C-949F-06D675828C10.jpeg

Great pics.  

• Like 2

You know how the screen in your car shows up who texts you when you plug your mobile phone   in to charge it when driving?

Here’s a tip - not a good idea to charge your phone in the car at Christmas. 

the jewellery store texted me yesterday to say my last minute order was on its way.

Drove out to collect DD last night and I plugged in my phone before leaving home to collect her - she hops in the car and sees the name of the jewellery store at the bottom of my most recent text names.  Oops!  There goes that surprise.  We just laughed.

ps. Officeworks texted this morning to say they had reprinted all my photos from yesterday 😀

pps thank you for this space to share my “stories”.  My best friend is in the depths of grief and I miss sharing my little stories with her (as she did too).  This  group brings comfort as I  continue to support her and her family.

• Like 14

Mimi-Please accept my condolences for the loss of your dear brother.

Looking at the hoots  you posted, I can see that he was a kind person.

But, as  life goes, you have a reason to celebrate for the engagement of your granddaughter and future grandson-in-law. Their wedding is something to look forward to for you and I think your brother would have been celebrating fully with the young couple too.

Wishing you and your family peace and healing hearts.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you. I will miss his weekly phone calls and our wonderful long conversations. 

It’s lovely when brothers and sisters are so close like you were.   My dad and his English sister do the same every Sunday night so I know how much they meant to you and how much you will miss them.

• Like 2

Our Hanukah party scheduled tomorrow for my daughters house will instead be in my house because my children do not want me to be out in this weather.It is expected to be a lot worse tomorrow.

The advantage of having it where I live is that people on my daughters block are not likely to move their cars whereas my condo complex has a large amount of visitors parking spaces .

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My beloved brother Bill died suddenly Dec 3. He was trying to turn over in bed and told my sister-in-law he felt weak. 

84A97938-7F2F-44C8-8E3D-E32E02759E3B.jpeg

923E7393-2245-4314-B205-D87E303D75D9.jpeg

1C146FB8-3789-4AD1-83FE-2C42C74F4EAD.jpeg

Sadness mixed with joy. 

My sincere condolences on the passing of your beloved brother. 

And, of course, congratulations on your beautiful granddaughter and her future groom on their engagement.

• Like 2