Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

For the May 30th, I see balcony 8600 (the last one on the hump available), and that will be my first choice. I know it's a matter of preference, but I don't like the "afts" due to "long distance".... I prefer to be as near as possible to stairs/elevators. And I prefer always starboard.

Before this one, you have Oasis out of Barcelona with the "classic" itinerary (May 19th).

After --Oasis from Rome on June 13rd, or from Barcelona on June 16th.

Explorer - just the Greek islands -- June 15th.

Understand you don't like aft cabins due to the distance but will we be losing alot not being able to see both views on each side of the ship going with a starboard or port side cabin?

May 19th would include 3 night stay in Barcelona

Flying to Rome from Amsterdam probably cost more, further away.

June 16th, would need 5 night stay in Barcelona, cha ching !

Look at this itineary on Celebrity Equinox.............9 nights .... would only need a 2 night stay in Barcelona, with a possibly night or 2 in Rome at the end? Would  we be losing a lot with this itinerary compared to the standard Oasis itinerary from Barcelona?

Thursday, June 13 Barcelona, Spain   5:00pm
Friday, June 14 At Sea    
Saturday, June 15 Marseille, France 7:00am 6:00pm
Sunday, June 16 Nice (Villefranche), France 8:00am 7:00pm
Monday, June 17 Santa Margherita, Italy 8:00am 6:00pm
Tuesday, June 18 La Spezia, Italy 7:00am  
Wednesday, June 19 La Spezia, Italy   6:00pm
Thursday, June 20 At Sea    
Friday, June 21 Naples, Italy 7:00am 6:00pm
Saturday, June 22 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 6:00am
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Funniest thing you will see today. watch this sports anchor doing weather live shots, it's hilarious.

https://www.kwwl.com/video/woodleys-weather-rant/video_ca9237c0-7b29-5f0f-bbd1-32c76fea9df7.html

Was good, they showed that  this orning on the National CBS Morning news...........most likely he will never get that assignment again. 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We had one of those square cabins booked on Anthem For April, 2020.  It would have been our first sailing on that class ship, and a first out of  Cape Liberty.

Hmm, for some reason, we could not go on that cruise.  I mean, it was after the two weeks to slow the spread thing.

We were supposed to be on Anthem for our first TA from Southampton to Cape Liberty in the Fall of 2020....sigh..

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Checked online into our February cruise.  Set sail pass done!  I wasn't crazy looking forward to the cruise until yesterday, but that did it, plus we got a 10:30-11 check in time which we were hoping for.  Now the excitement begins!

So happy for you, Bonnie!  I know it's been quite some time since you and Jack cruised!  After your cruise, we'll all soon be meeting up on our Bella cruise!

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have actually done "Live Shots" where all those things were done except the one at the beach since Kansas City has no beaches. I will give my station credit last night they had no reporters standing outside in the cold. Most were either indoors or in our live van driving down the highway. I can't tell you how many times I did live shots out in the freezing cold. I don't miss those days at all.

I'm sure you don't miss those cold, frigid days and nights, Greg!  We were watching the weather on one of the stations and the weatherman was complaining out being cold and asking why the station was keeping him out there for hours.  I turned to Jim and mentioned that you were always the one behind the camera taping all the weathermen, etc.

When Jim retired from FDNY, he really missed his job....until Winter arrived...I'm sure you've seen pictures of firemen/women at the scene of a fire with ice hanging from their helmets and coats.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Look at this itinerary on Celebrity Equinox.............9 nights .... would only need a 2 night stay in Barcelona, with a possibly night or 2 in Rome at the end? Would  we be losing a lot with this itinerary compared to the standard Oasis itinerary from Barcelona?

Excellent find, Jim. I didn't look at X. Equinox is a wonderful ship. The itinerary is great, most of all because it has an overnight in La Spezia, which is rare. You'll get to see Pizza and Florence at your leisure, without fearing getting back on ship in time. Might even "splurge" and stay the night in Florence...

The times in ports are great too (Naples, Marseille).

About the "afts" -- most of the ports are fjords. The ship enters the fjord, docks, and then goes back. So you get to see the fjord's both sides, especially in Geiranger, which is the highlight of every Fjord cruise.

2 days on both ends in beautiful cities like Barcelona and Rome -- who could ask for more?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

1A5077D0-66E1-4A13-A336-D67ECB088C16.thumb.jpeg.3a4b31c91b21f9c5edca93244e275c32.jpegFreezing rain, ice on the truck, roads, and runways means SeaTac is shut down, our flight cancelled, and our Christmas trip to see our daughter in San Antonio is in the dumps.  

I'm sorry your plans have had to be canceled.  

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It has finally warmed up to 8⁰.  I love heated seats!  We have been on the road for about an 1 1/2 hours.  Leaving town the hardest part was leaving our neighborhood but that wasn't to bad.  The weird thing is that now that we are further south we are running into long stretches of icy road.

image.thumb.png.974d270f5c68257c93b1f73f6212c3f3.png

Be careful on the roads, John.  Icy roads are scary enough;  you also have to worry about crazy drivers.  Safe travels!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Funniest thing you will see today. watch this sports anchor doing weather live shots, it's hilarious.

https://www.kwwl.com/video/woodleys-weather-rant/video_ca9237c0-7b29-5f0f-bbd1-32c76fea9df7.html

LOL Greg...this is what I was talking about when I replied to your Post a little while ago!😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Wishing a Merry Christmas to those here celebrating and a year filled with many good days for everyone.

We are decorated and waiting for Santa !

MJ🙋🏻

968D0A2F-4571-49DF-B26F-B5181F98EE67.jpeg

F09D4A54-8ABE-49DE-A6D3-5C1CC5A0B672.jpeg

Merry Christmas to your DH and yourself, MJ.  I love windows in your Living Room.  So bright and cheerful!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still trying to catch up and not just skim through thread.  Have to find time to really read all updates that everyone took time to post. 

Very cold and windy here. 

Baby Zoey is getting undivided attention at home. Never left alone.  Mom constantly with her. And guard dogs doing what guard dogs do. 

First. Vienna 

EA8B0D9E-6535-4990-BF1D-50FEA6C1B2E0.thumb.png.dfb38c41996a528229cbca6e6381400b.png3BCCDDCE-F28E-4772-B988-BBB445BC4A66.thumb.jpeg.4d91f07d8de54229412d9b211d968eba.jpeg

Then Zoey guardians. 

ADCE96C3-3A75-44E4-82DC-B044A919FF2B.thumb.png.28b1e316e7a4838582b69880d56b9d16.png

• Like 17

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sure you don't miss those cold, frigid days and nights, Greg!  We were watching the weather on one of the stations and the weatherman was complaining out being cold and asking why the station was keeping him out there for hours.  I turned to Jim and mentioned that you were always the one behind the camera taping all the weathermen, etc.

I'll never forget working Christmas night many years ago. It was very cold with minus wind chills. I got called to go to a apartment fire. All the firefighters had icicles hanging from their helmets. I had fingerless gloves on so I could operate my focus on my camera lens. I ended up getting frostbite on my little finger and lost all my feeling in it for about 6 months. I had icicles on mustache and it was the worst night of my career. Thankfully no one was injured in the fire but those firefighters and myself took a beating that night.

• Like 10

It’s bright and sunny here, unlike, well, everywhere else. It’s warmed up to -30, (-22 F for southerners!) James has taken Thor to the dog park, because he’s missed being there due to extreme cold.

For those who aren’t where they’re spending Christmas, travel safely everyone!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Now if you see someone in ARK wearing a winter jacket when it is 40 stop and say hi, I would love to meet you!

I'd love to meet you also, and ARK does border TX!  No wonder you wear jackets in "balmy" weather, neighbor.  I'll be the one in the thin hoodie.

59 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So happy for you, Bonnie!  I know it's been quite some time since you and Jack cruised!  After your cruise, we'll all soon be meeting up on our Bella cruise!

When Jim retired from FDNY, he really missed his job....until Winter arrived...I'm sure you've seen pictures of firemen/women at the scene of a fire with ice hanging from their helmets and coats.

I am so looking forward to our Bella cruise.  That excitement never wavered.  Just wasn't looking forward to our Feb. cruise as much as Bella's.  Meeting all of you will be a wonderful treat for sure!

• Like 8

Well, it’s been a sad happy sad month!

I’ll be so glad when it’s over!

My beloved brother Bill died suddenly Dec 3. He was trying to turn over in bed and told my sister-in-law he felt weak. 
Eileen was trying to help him turn over and he went limp and was gone. She and then Rescue tried to bring him back, but it was no use. 
If anyone was the spirit of Christmas in our family, it was Bill. Years ago he put together many collages of photos going back years and adding new family members as they came along. He picked out pages and pages of Christmas songs, including a couple in German, one in Latin, and two in Spanish. No one in our family speaks Spanish, but we sing very enthusiastically. 
He had all of this bound and created family songbooks for our Christmas Eve singing. 
When they started talking about moving to NC, I took one of those songbooks added to the photos, and had a local printer make up new books for my ever growing branch of the family. 
Bill was a conscientious attorney, loving husband, brother, father, grandfather, and uncle with such a warm and giving heart. 
He could tell true life stories that would have everyone laughing helplessly. He was curious about everything and was always researching something that struck his fancy. He had our family’s travel gene, but didn’t head for the famous landmarks. He would find interesting people with interesting life stories wherever he went. 
Tomorrow night after our feast, my family here in Florida will pick up our songbooks and do our best without him. 
Here’s my brother Bill, on his first trip to Russia. He had a tutor for a year so he could meet people. Being Bill, the authorities presented no problem. 
Second is his lawyer self. Always honest, always caring. 
Last is the Christmas ornament my granddaughters named Uncle Billy almost 30 years ago. It’s always second on the tree after Angela goes on top. 
Hug your loved ones. Make sure they know they are loved. We are never promised tomorrow. 

84A97938-7F2F-44C8-8E3D-E32E02759E3B.jpeg

923E7393-2245-4314-B205-D87E303D75D9.jpeg

1C146FB8-3789-4AD1-83FE-2C42C74F4EAD.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

1A5077D0-66E1-4A13-A336-D67ECB088C16.thumb.jpeg.3a4b31c91b21f9c5edca93244e275c32.jpegFreezing rain, ice on the truck, roads, and runways means SeaTac is shut down, our flight cancelled, and our Christmas trip to see our daughter in San Antonio is in the dumps.  

Oh no! That's too bad. It is terrible when your holiday plans are ruined. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Freezing rain, ice on the truck, roads, and runways means SeaTac is shut down, our flight cancelled, and our Christmas trip to see our daughter in San Antonio is in the dumps.  

I feel for you. Such a nasty weather exactly on one of the busiest days of travel, when, after 3 years of Covid, family want to celebrate together. Not fair.

14 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My beloved brother Bill died suddenly Dec 3.

Mimi, pls. accept my sincere condolences. So very sad always, but before the holidays, even sadder.

• Like 9

I just came in from outside. I checked on Lucy in the barn and gave her some extra food. She wasn’t there is morning. The wind has progressively picked up and I’m just thankful we aren’t getting heavy snow. The counties near us have all the roads closed and the two major highways near us are shut for accidents. One has over 100 cars and thankfully no major injuries currently being reported. 

Current weather report. 

0052CCCB-73EF-4D68-B060-65C906643A8E.thumb.jpeg.c9d98482aab166c6a3138afb0004b3f7.jpeg

Lucy’s heated water dish is doing it’s job in the barn. 

8F61CA7B-2922-4430-8770-E19D666305C7.thumb.jpeg.11cfbc7859db100da82ac67e56ac793e.jpeg

Not much snow compared to what we were expecting.  

0C80EFBD-9F27-4FBF-9AFB-82E36AC0E28F.thumb.jpeg.f659b444f8164f367bdfbe5ef6885527.jpeg

• Like 21

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Well, it’s been a sad happy sad month!

I’ll be so glad when it’s over!

My beloved brother Bill died suddenly Dec 3. He was trying to turn over in bed and told my sister-in-law he felt weak. 
Eileen was trying to help him turn over and he went limp and was gone. She and then Rescue tried to bring him back, but it was no use. 
If anyone was the spirit of Christmas in our family, it was Bill. Years ago he put together many collages of photos going back years and adding new family members as they came along. He picked out pages and pages of Christmas songs, including a couple in German, one in Latin, and two in Spanish. No one in our family speaks Spanish, but we sing very enthusiastically. 
He had all of this bound and created family songbooks for our Christmas Eve singing. 
When they started talking about moving to NC, I took one of those songbooks added to the photos, and had a local printer make up new books for my ever growing branch of the family. 
Bill was a conscientious attorney, loving husband, brother, father, grandfather, and uncle with such a warm and giving heart. 
He could tell true life stories that would have everyone laughing helplessly. He was curious about everything and was always researching something that struck his fancy. He had our family’s travel gene, but didn’t head for the famous landmarks. He would find interesting people with interesting life stories wherever he went. 
Tomorrow night after our feast, my family here in Florida will pick up our songbooks and do our best without him. 
Here’s my brother Bill, on his first trip to Russia. He had a tutor for a year so he could meet people. Being Bill, the authorities presented no problem. 
Second is his lawyer self. Always honest, always caring. 
Last is the Christmas ornament my granddaughters named Uncle Billy almost 30 years ago. It’s always second on the tree after Angela goes on top. 
Hug your loved ones. Make sure they know they are loved. We are never promised tomorrow. 

84A97938-7F2F-44C8-8E3D-E32E02759E3B.jpeg

923E7393-2245-4314-B205-D87E303D75D9.jpeg

1C146FB8-3789-4AD1-83FE-2C42C74F4EAD.jpeg

Sending our condolences to you Mimi and all your family.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your brother.

Graham.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I feel for you. Such a nasty weather exactly on one of the busiest days of travel, when, after 3 years of Covid, family want to celebrate together. Not fair.

Mimi, pls. accept my sincere condolences. So very sad always, but before the holidays, even sadder.

Thank you. I will miss his weekly phone calls and our wonderful long conversations. 

• Like 7