Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

There goes my childhood, sigh9B93A3A8-D774-4E2F-9A58-F99C43FF5777.thumb.jpeg.b989c637c323149b08e2962fdfe746fe.jpeg

OMG that's so hard to believe.  It was a large part of my childhood also AND my daughter's.

To me it can only be Ronzoni. 

Ronzoni sono buoni.  Ronzoni is so good.  I did not google!  It's like to Bosco jingle.  Imbedded in my mind forever.

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

WHAT???????  I couldn't find it in Shop Rite last week, now I know why!  Say it isn't so!!!  This is my go-to when I don't feel so great...

Maryann, I know what you mean!

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Stuck in Atlanta traffic🤣

Headed south tomorrow, then Jewel for NYE cruise. Then back to Atlanta

Thanks for responding.  I sort of forgot you were in Atlanta.  My memory lapses often worries me.

Enjoy your Jewel cruise!

How is Amanda doing?

• Like 5

We were at Universal Studios Hollywood last night. First time visiting the Harry Potter setup so that's most of the pictures I'll be uploading:

Secret Life of Pets ride for those people that saw the movie:

20221226_101815.thumb.jpg.2ed2aeb0b06911256222a0cdc7cd52e4.jpg

Waterworld stunt show from the same movie name from eons ago:

20221226_153211.thumb.jpg.69456413d871d19447b955907c6503cf.jpg

Their Holiday theme is the Grinch that stole Christmas as you can see from the unconventional

20221226_190854.thumb.jpg.573047683656e4c592b2e0d5f0e97e7a.jpg

20221226_221050.thumb.jpg.4797e165889fe4f41cd71101c7609b11.jpg

Hogworts area:

20221226_214541.thumb.jpg.a880fad131afae371a868cd59db7c86e.jpg

20221226_214110.thumb.jpg.a6afe2c9b27d1fcdbb291e9a897af531.jpg

20221226_200536.thumb.jpg.65ed37e5db105a5a6be2aad5f102c178.jpg

20221226_213424.thumb.jpg.792d1f9e0c8a901864055cc94e88a630.jpg

Night time laser show that's better in 2 videos as it has music:

Edited by harryfat1
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

That is awesome @harryfat1! Thanks so much for sharing them. We probably won't get there any time soon. I will have to find that Universal Studios photo that my parents took last time I was there. It is me posing with "The Creature from the Black Lagoon". Which indicates how long ago it was. I think there is also a photo of Festus from "Gunsmoke". ☺️😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2022 at 9:32 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

@Luckynana & @sgmn hope you lovely ladies both feel well enough to enjoy the festivities with your families 

Thank you Aussielozzie and everyone else for your good wishes, it is only a cold, but the worst one i've had in years.  I tried to ignore it until Boxing Day but did have a quite day yesterday cuddling my hot water bottle on the settee.  My worst fear was passing it onto one of the children as one is very young, 3 months, and the other seems to suffer from respiratory illnesses, two visits to hospital in two months, so felt I couldn't cuddle as much as I wanted too. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas 🎄 

And enjoy this peaceful time before the New Year 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Aussielozzie and everyone else for your good wishes, it is only a cold, but the worst one i've had in years.  I tried to ignore it until Boxing Day but did have a quite day yesterday cuddling my hot water bottle on the settee.  My worst fear was passing it onto one of the children as one is very young, 3 months, and the other seems to suffer from respiratory illnesses, two visits to hospital in two months, so felt I couldn't cuddle as much as I wanted too. 

Sorry to hear you have been so sick Sue. If you have plans for NYE I do hope you feel better by then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Hi Sue,  sorry to hear you are unwell.  Hope you feel better soon and the babies remain OK.  

We watched the last episode of The White Lotus.   Wow!!  Definitely was not an ending I was expecting.  Nice twist in the plot.   

Of course, I was not surprised the young girl took the young man's money.   Young and naive got the better of him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Sue,  sorry to hear you are unwell.  Hope you feel better soon and the babies remain OK.  

We watched the last episode of The White Lotus.   Wow!!  Definitely was not an ending I was expecting.  Nice twist in the plot.   

Of course, I was not surprised the young girl took the young man's money.   Young and naive got the better of him.

Eeeek!  I’ve only just started watching Season 2….

16 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I know this might sound like I’m patting myself on the back but that’s not my intent. I think going forward, for me “Christmas Different” will be trying to find a way to either help those in need or finding a way to thank those to give back that those that are helping us. I just need to find a better venue to channel that energy  than an Applebee’s bar. 😉

Actually, I think you were in the perfect venue.  You had a positive impact on three different people who you wouldn't have met otherwise, and who wouldn't normally be included in the typical "holiday donation" situation (homeless, low-income, etc.). 

I have come to believe that people come into our lives for a reason -- the location doesn't matter, but the feelings/intentions do.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I have come to believe that people come into our lives for a reason -- the location doesn't matter, but the feelings/intentions do.  

And sometimes it can even be on something like an internet cruise message board.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

So here is something I haven’t done for a while.   My sunrise photo of the day. 

0AD4AF85-4122-4105-B6E4-907BC5204BA4.thumb.jpeg.7bea3148d546b15119b889b66d9a5243.jpeg

Well, maybe two things.  My daughter was up early, so the two of us took a long walk, and caught the sunrise. 

Last night, we packed all 9 of us in our Highlander and went to Bahama Breeze for supper.  I know, it is a chain, but it is good to find things for the grandkids. 

Anytime you can get a drink in a pineapple, it is a good time. 

504311D6-7EFE-46D9-BE62-C953326747D5.thumb.jpeg.da16cf65db79518625b23075bbc95ce8.jpeg

My supper was a jerk chicken pineapple bowl.  This was really good, and something I would order again. 

7771EE1C-8D59-4462-A583-D6E3FCC1FC53.thumb.jpeg.11536eb0ceb20640db83f1256181dc26.jpeg

Beach day today.  

• Like 21

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Any one watch the Knives Out sequel? - Knives Out Glass Onion.  Thoroughly enjoyed the original film but I thought the sequel was slow to get going, then it was watchable but then forgettable. Whereas the original I would happily watch again.

Same here, watched it last night. OK but not amazing 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Any one watch the Knives Out sequel? - Knives Out Glass Onion.  Thoroughly enjoyed the original film but I thought the sequel was slow to get going, then it was watchable but then forgettable. Whereas the original I would happily watch again.

My Wife and I watched it, We actually thought it was much better then the first one.

I think the thing is you have to follow along and really understand what is going on in the beginning of the movie. If you don't then I could see where you might think the movie is slow starting.

Thought it was a fun movie to figure out. Enjoyed it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, George C said:

Last week we had a high of 20 today we will be 70 and stay in 70’s for rest of the week , our visitors from Buffalo will love this weather ( hopefully they will be able to get out of Buffalo)

Do  they have snow shoes?

I see one flight for today for Dallas and it was canceled all ready

https://www.buffaloairport.com/

Snowshoes Giclee Wall Art by Darren Gygi - Wrapped Canvas Print

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Last week we had a high of 20 today we will be 70 and stay in 70’s for rest of the week , our visitors from Buffalo will love this weather ( hopefully they will be able to get out of Buffalo)

The news this morning had some very impressive pictures of Buffalo.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, George C said:

Typical Dallas weather.  Hope your visitors make their flight.

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Do  they have snow shoes?

I see one flight for today for Dallas and it was canceled all ready

https://www.buffaloairport.com/

Snowshoes Giclee Wall Art by Darren Gygi - Wrapped Canvas Print

Yes, Buffalo was hit hard and Southwest cancelled 62% of flights around the country today.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

So sorry Sue I hope you are starting to feel better. A lot of stuff going around. One of my dear friends who I worked with for over 40 years and who was to come to my family Christmas party like he has for the past 25 years was sick and could not come. I found out today he is still very sick with RSV. He's not good about going to the doctor and I keep reminding him he is not as young as he once was. Get well soon!!!

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And sometimes it can even be on something like an internet cruise message board.

Exactly!!

30 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The Holidays should be in July😁I am going to start a petition!!!!

I celebrate Christmas in July!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Screenshot_20221224_105757.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1