Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Up here in the land of Maple Syrup we have something we sip as well called Cabot Trail.  IMO bottle chilled in the fridge, and then poured into many shot glasses is best. 😉 Others add it to hot chocolate etc... We love our maple syrup up here. 

61959469-78C7-4963-8097-9CAF797AA24D.thumb.jpeg.1b136db44f24323106cdc1561c937311.jpeg

B9DDB210-B8D3-481F-950B-85557E5BDD39.thumb.jpeg.9feb430a56496c6e7d222e216bff700c.jpeg

That sounds delicious.  I wonder if I can find it here in pa.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We cooked out tonight. Just not the same since we moved into our temporary quarters. I call it our shoebox but only temporary. 

A couple of medium rare Porterhouse. Sure was good. Don’t cook out (BBQ) as much as it’s a chore dragging the grill in an out. 

M8

9ACAAA88-C33A-4EA8-9B63-C91D81D3DF60.jpeg

6F81AC8A-037F-41AF-99BF-F2B8AF9AE424.jpeg

EB4B74DD-A45D-4FDD-8C3F-3AB8B4E90539.jpeg

2FF66E51-5290-4EFF-86BF-23EA9E6957BD.jpeg

C1170DC3-EDF0-45CB-A0C8-96AD5A15D1FC.jpeg

Thankful I had stocked up freezer with omaha steaks the other month.   Came in real handy since covid found it's way into our home.   Tonight I made filet mignon, scalloped potatoes and apple crisp ala mode.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Up here in the land of Maple Syrup we have something we sip as well called Cabot Trail.  IMO bottle chilled in the fridge, and then poured into many shot glasses is best. 😉 Others add it to hot chocolate etc... We love our maple syrup up here. 

Picked up a couple of bottles last time i was in lake Louise, sadly finished it already. It's also great over vanilla ice cream. Looking forward to picking some up next year ( would prefer to visit this year, but I'm being realistic). 

M

• Like 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

61959469-78C7-4963-8097-9CAF797AA24D.thumb.jpeg.1b136db44f24323106cdc1561c937311.jpeg

B9DDB210-B8D3-481F-950B-85557E5BDD39.thumb.jpeg.9feb430a56496c6e7d222e216bff700c.jpeg

That sounds really good.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

That strikes me as a Canadian Limoncello... since you don’t have lemon trees, but you do have maple trees....  I think we need Andrew’s version of Cabot Trail....  I am sure in Quebec or Ontario or in Newfie land they must have an apron you can buy with the recipe for maple cream....

You have lots of time up there... get to cracking I expect a bottle sent to me by Fourth of July!

• Like 2

I planted a maple in the front yard 31-2 years ago, and I don’t think I could get enough syrup out of it to do one set of pancakes.  Very slow growing tree.  Plus the utility company keeps whacking the southern part off to keep it out of the power lines.  I planted a Tulip popular 5 years later and that damn thing is 80 foot tall.  

JC

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I got to do a better job playing Monopoly. 

I need to avoid those Baltic Avenue properties and stick with Boardwalk and Park Place. 

😇

Welcome back. Sometimes it’s hard doing a better job with Monopoly. The game should really have some get out of jail cards. 🎟🔨

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We cooked out tonight. Just not the same since we moved into our temporary quarters. I call it our shoebox but only temporary. 

A couple of medium rare Porterhouse. Sure was good. Don’t cook out (BBQ) as much as it’s a chore dragging the grill in an out. 

M8

9ACAAA88-C33A-4EA8-9B63-C91D81D3DF60.jpeg

6F81AC8A-037F-41AF-99BF-F2B8AF9AE424.jpeg

EB4B74DD-A45D-4FDD-8C3F-3AB8B4E90539.jpeg

2FF66E51-5290-4EFF-86BF-23EA9E6957BD.jpeg

C1170DC3-EDF0-45CB-A0C8-96AD5A15D1FC.jpeg

Porterhouse steaks are my favourite at Longhorns in Orlando.

Your steaks look delicious.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes. We did that on 01/28. It was a very long day. We need to go back one more time to review and finalize. Hopefully the next visit will only be a couple of hours. We are so ready to get started. 

Sounds brilliant that you have so much input in the build and decorating of your new home.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like a perfect day.  Gorgeous water color.  

I had no idea it snowed in Israel.  The beauty of Mother Nature.

Rarely... Last time in Jerusalem - 2013.

At the coast, where we live, 1951....😉

Today, the storm is in... look how dark are the skies. Again, another "face" of Mother Nature.

• Like 5

On 2/15/2021 at 4:10 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Since I have a heated steering wheel, during winter I usually have a death grip on it.

I have used my heated seats several times this winter...never thought I would...but we had some very cold weather here just over a week ago (and now it is too warm with thunder storms. 😮)  Actually had thick coasting of ice on my windshield one morning.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I hear you. Lots of new stuff these days. 

Good luck with deliveries.  We've ordered a few things that still do not even have an estimated delivery date. 

My wife went shopping yesterday for new lighting since the lighting in our new house is mixture of many styles.  Not a single light fixture matches another light fixture.  Wow...severe sticker shock for me.  Fortunately, her older sister who is good with interior design told her to wait on the lights.  She called lighting the candy for dessert.  You shouldn't pick the lighting until everything else is in place.  I don't know if that makes sense to me but it will at least delay that spend by a month or 2.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2021 at 5:43 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

A couple months ago I had to replace battery to our opener.  Pretty easy to do yourself.  Our opener was installed about 7 yrs ago.  Surprised the battery lasted as long as it did.

Me too.  Those little round batteries in our key fobs and the door openers seem to last for years.  Not cheap, but worth it.  😉 

My day started off great!  My mom called, and said she has her first vaccine shot scheduled for today :). Her sister in law knows a guy who is on the board of a local grocery store chain, and he said that her local store was getting shots today, but they hadn’t “advertised” it publicly.  She signed up online last night and got the last slot.  While I’m not pleased that this process has become so stealthy here, I’m super glad mom is getting her shot 🙂. Hopefully, as we get more shots here, the process to get one won’t be so tough...

Edited by vacationlover_mn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Those little round batteries in our key fobs and the door openers seem to last for years.  Not cheap, but worth it.  😉 

Yes they do.  I was initially referring to the battery for our battery back up on the garage door opener.  

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 10:32 PM, ollienbertsmum said:

That is so like my DH.  I once bought him a smart phone - he gave it back to me and went back to his brick that just makes calls.  He does take it with him though because it is the number that his pals use when they call him for a beer - not that he has been able to go out since Christmas.  Our bars are probably going to open again on March 1st.  All these restrictions have been hard - but at least the infection rate has come down.     With the restrictions coming at the same time as the vaccines it is difficult to say which has been the most important factor, but the loss of life in the elderly population has slowed down.  

LOL....sooo funny!  Thanks for the morning laugh!!  Had to read this to Bucky and he cracked up as well.  Loved the reference to "the brick".  😄 😄 

Dallas still is in bad shape , more snow , many without power some without water. We are fine . Were scheduled to be on our rock and romance cruise this week, has music artist from 1970’s , we do this charter every year , lots of fun have seen America, Todd Rundgren, Micheal McDonald, Air Supply , Foreigner , B J Thomas etc . Live music all day.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 4:23 PM, A&L_Ont said:

No ABS for me let alone air bags, had to manually pump the brakes to stop the sliding skid on ice and snow.  The positive was no traction control, so one could donut in the lot with the easiest of effort. 

When I was 15 years old, and taking driver's training at our high school, we were able to take turns using the only car they had that had a stick shift.  A cute little mustang.  Teacher made us take it out to the back fields away from the parking lot where the rest of the class was.

I got caught doing donuts out there.  😉  

• Like 1