Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We used to take the Brooklyn Ferry from Staten Island to get to Coney Island every Summer!

Toby grew up in Coney Island .My parents rented a bungalow in Coney Island for the summer of 1945 and Brighton Beach for the summer of 1949 .That was like today’s kids going to Disney World.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh yes, I remember Steeplechase Park/Coney Island/Brighton Beach Bay 3.  I remember the bumper cars.  I was too afraid to go on the parachute drop.  A stop at Nathan's for a a hot dog and fries was essential!

My favorite amusement park was Palisades Park in NJ.  Oh the memories as a young teen.....sigh.

Bay 3 is where I was every day of every summer from age 12 to 17 with my friends.Occasionally we went to a pool  in Coney Island.

My father wanted to move to Grand St in Manhattan but my mother wanted Brooklyn.After I got married they moved to Brighton Beach,1/2 block from the boardwalk.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A few pictures from last night’s supper.  It appears we may have a filet mignon shortage in our area.  Had to visit three different meat markets.  One of the butchers I talked to said they were all out.  Well, we did manage to find some. 

F5A41EE8-E42F-411A-ABB3-EBBA5CCF2C8B.thumb.jpeg.43c9856b25cfc59bfcc84a4d4b9ec2c9.jpeg

Of course, that is baked corn in the background, and something new that I tried.  Susan told me it was my job to make some creamed spinach.  I am not usually a spinach eater, unless it is something like spinach artichoke dip. 

656A60F7-5206-4E74-BA5A-B7DFEB671429.thumb.jpeg.ea174db56c89c56b7c30275180c4f527.jpeg

It is hard to make it into a nice presentation, but it did taste rather good.  Even the grandkids loved it.  

Susan even tried some different potatoes. 

D8EE3482-8EB3-442F-A5E4-41A8669D46BB.thumb.jpeg.a84139ddaedb855057340865780559cc.jpeg

Redskins, bacon, cheese and sour cream.  Everyone liked these too.  

Everything on your menu looks devine!!  I am so hungry right now!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Busy starting to pack today.  We fly to Miami Friday then cruise Sunday on NCL Encore.  I might do a comparison type review post-cruise and will probably post just a bit here during the trip. We’re going with friends who’ve never cruised before so that’ll be interesting.  They’re both excited and a little nervous, not knowing what to expect. I’m just looking forward to warm weather and a cocktail! 

I'm sure you must be getting excited about cruising with your friends on Sunday!  We board on Monday for our 4-day cruise, so not as much packing to be done for us.  Safe travels on Friday, Deb!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure how they didn't get Bonnet Creek,since it's such a large area...Missed a great location really close to the parks.

The owners wouldn’t sell it for any price. 
The purchases were all made without any indication they were going to any one  buyer. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Sea Dog and @Ocean Boy I thought I’d tag you both in this post. Greg, because it is in your backyard and OB for your love of aviation. 

Someone in one of my car groups posted this, in KC, Missouri off Ward Parkway.  It’s a Concord nose cone from an actual jet.  Owner says he wants to be buried in it. 

E0AB87F7-FD26-4547-983E-30778704F1F5.jpeg.b05ea32fbfd5e5ba17d37d80b34d1fb0.jpeg

History of plane. 

9C7E5D8B-F58F-4393-8B1C-DBA31B46DFF7.thumb.png.32213d4f2e644d857887b053c7aeeb70.png

Newspaper story. 

https://flatlandkc.org/curiouskc/question-everything/questions-answered/whats-behind-the-plane-behind-the-house-off-ward-parkway/

Wow! I can’t imagine owning that!

I hated when the retired the Concorde!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Left Epcot,going back later.But where are we now?

20230124_145753.jpg

Olivia's?

Nevermind, I think I am just very hungry for Olivia's.🤣

This looks like seafood. Jo's crab shack?

And can I guess the one on 192 by the water tower? I am having having SO much fun with this!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Olivia's?

Nevermind, I think I am just very hungry for Olivia's.🤣

This looks like seafood. Jo's crab shack?

And can I guess the one on 192 by the water tower? I am having having SO much fun with this!

Not sure about the water tower...we are in Celebration  though.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Woo hoo!   After 6,101 posts, I finally get to join the 5,000 club

966C048F-400C-4149-89EB-D13BA83BD8F6.thumb.jpeg.e1516385f963c6ec6d8a1bf43a5b497e.jpeg

Somebody remind me again, what do you win besides this fine looking email?  🤣🤣

Congrats I got the same email even though my post count is over 6K.

• Like 2

Watching the weather channel and the news story is about a tornado on the ground in Houston.  They are telling viewers to take shelter from your car  in Bucees (sp).  
Only one problem. If your watching your probably not driving. 

Preparing for our upcoming snow event tomorrow. 

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5