Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Packing is almost complete, but naturally I’m grossly overpacked 🤪.  We pick our friends up at 9 am tomorrow with a 1 pm non-stop flight from Boston to Miami.  Dry January end tomorrow as I will definitely need a pre-flight cocktail.  

Have a great time. Safe travels wished for you. See you in March!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Packing is almost complete, but naturally I’m grossly overpacked 🤪.  We pick our friends up at 9 am tomorrow with a 1 pm non-stop flight from Boston to Miami.  Dry January end tomorrow as I will definitely need a pre-flight cocktail.  

Have the best time on your cruise, Deb.  Safe travels tomorrow.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice quality photos Dani.

Sarah had her Spinal injections this afternoon.

She said they were extremely painful but glad they are done now.

She has been told to rest for the next 2 days.

Hopefully Sarah will get good results from the injections.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Ritz Carlton near us has a trivia contest every Wednesday night in their bar/casual restaurant.  We usually go with 2 other couples and have an ongoing rivalry with another group that is there regularly.  They usually win and we usually take second place. 🤬  Last night, I made a somewhat educated guess for one of the questions and we were the only team to get it right.  I'm pretty sure that at least 2 people here will know the answer.  "To what city would you need to travel to visit the Sixth Floor Museum?"  

Our rivals were not there last night, but we still finished in second place.  ☹️

Dallas?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Let the fun begin😃  safe travels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Been a rough last 24 hours. I became ill after going to Joe's Crab Shack or after we got some food at Epcot in France.

Got back to our room around 10pm and my stomach started to hurt. Diarrhea was first and then throwing up alot. This was from about 10pm to 4am.

So next day was out for the parks,very tired and dehydrated. 

We were suppose to check out of our room on the 26th. But the owner who we got this room through was able to get us a 3 bedroom deluxe from the 25th to checking out on the 27th...Giving me an extra day to feel better before heading to Bradenton to stay with them

The 3 bedroom unit is really nice,we are in Building 5 now next to the lazy river.

We made the switch in rooms for only $225 total. So thought it was well worth it to give me an extra day to feel better.

First 4 days in the park. We walked 28 miles..

We might try to go to the parks today if I'm feeling up to it.

Here are some pics of the 3 bedroom.

20230125_163659.jpg

20230125_163659a.jpg

20230125_163734.jpg

20230125_163719.jpg

20230125_163707.jpg

20230125_163703.jpg

20230125_163659b.jpg

I hope you are feeling better.   

• Thanks 1

We are, but not by choice. It is supposed to be down in 20's at the mountain house by next Tuesday. I think we will have to go up there on Sunday and make sure everything is okay with the pipes and insulation and see if we can set the thermostat low enough to keep it from freezing and make sure the water is set dripping. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Dani @dani negreanu.

Thinking of you and your family today on Holocaust Day.

Yom Hashoah.

Thank you so much, Graham. I really appreciate thinking of us. I was "lucky" that I "only" lost my grandfather in the camps. My DH's family -- not so much. His parents had the vision to arrive to Palestine in the early thirties from Poland, but not the rest of their families...

I'm hopeful that, after the injections, your Sarah will be "back on track" in no time at all. Pls. relay my best wishes 😘

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 12:00 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

That would have been a very special and sad occasion. 

It was. I always regretted not flying Concorde. As staff we could get standby tickets for 25% of the fare. Tried to persuade DH to go but he said he got more pride in being involved in the flights and didn't need to actually fly it.

He is an artist and drew a picture of Concorde which flew in the cockpit of that last flight. He got all the crew to sign it.

• Like 10

@Jimbohope your feeling better, sorry you were ill on holiday

@dani negreanuhope your hubby loves his phone. He's so creative, bet he'll take amazing photos

@aussielozzie18  Happy Australia Day, 🇦🇺 

@grapau27

Hope Sarah is OK and the procedure was a success

Happy traveling and cruising to everyone going or currently on holidays 🌴 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

37 minutes ago, sgmn said:

It was. I always regretted not flying Concorde. As staff we could get standby tickets for 25% of the fare. Tried to persuade DH to go but he said he got more pride in being involved in the flights and didn't need to actually fly it.

He is an artist and drew a picture of Concorde which flew in the cockpit of that last flight. He got all the crew to sign it.

How wonderful that they took his artwork on that final flight and signed it too.  Wonderful memento.  I would have liked to have flown the Concorde too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1