Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, George C said:

My roughest was just going thru basic training totally hated that , luckily I was in good shape when I got drafted many many years ago , was 175 pounds then more than 50 years ago , Sea Dog you must have just missed draft by a little. I lucked out again working on computers for my two years in the service. 

I got extremely lucky. I got my draft card and was classified as a 1H. My senior year of high school I found out that they had discontinued the draft. I came real close.

• Like 4

More pictures from a beach.

Summer in the winter....

DH was pleasantly surprised to receive a new phone for his birthday. He was wavering the last 2 years, being mostly interested in a good [cell] camera. He found that the best camera for his purposes was Google Pixel 6 Pro, but it was not imported to Israel.

Finally, the "boys" found a way to buy the newest one abroad (the 7 Pro), and this morning DH went to the beach to try it --

Heading to a surfing lesson....

image.thumb.jpeg.bb1f64ef2024716456729cea6c3ab671.jpeg

and 2 birds enjoying the sunshine --

image.thumb.jpeg.a9db4b5886559c4f6b9791ebae75c25b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a8a39b95c63ff60c25463471a5c9707d.jpeg

Wishing all on cruises, heading to cruises, checking in for cruises.... a wonderful day 🌷

• Like 29

The Ritz Carlton near us has a trivia contest every Wednesday night in their bar/casual restaurant.  We usually go with 2 other couples and have an ongoing rivalry with another group that is there regularly.  They usually win and we usually take second place. 🤬  Last night, I made a somewhat educated guess for one of the questions and we were the only team to get it right.  I'm pretty sure that at least 2 people here will know the answer.  "To what city would you need to travel to visit the Sixth Floor Museum?"  

Our rivals were not there last night, but we still finished in second place.  ☹️

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Summer in the winter....

DH was pleasantly surprised to receive a new phone for his birthday. He was wavering the last 2 years, being mostly interested in a good [cell] camera. He found that the best camera for his purposes was Google Pixel 6 Pro, but it was not imported to Israel.

Finally, the "boys" found a way to buy the newest one abroad (the 7 Pro), and this morning DH went to the beach to try it --

Wishing all on cruises, heading to cruises, checking in for cruises.... a wonderful day 🌷

Your DH must be thrilled with his new phone.  It sure takes beautiful pictures, Dani!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Been a rough last 24 hours. I became ill after going to Joe's Crab Shack or after we got some food at Epcot in France.

Got back to our room around 10pm and my stomach started to hurt. Diarrhea was first and then throwing up alot. This was from about 10pm to 4am.

So next day was out for the parks,very tired and dehydrated. 

We were suppose to check out of our room on the 26th. But the owner who we got this room through was able to get us a 3 bedroom deluxe from the 25th to checking out on the 27th...Giving me an extra day to feel better before heading to Bradenton to stay with them

The 3 bedroom unit is really nice,we are in Building 5 now next to the lazy river.

We made the switch in rooms for only $225 total. So thought it was well worth it to give me an extra day to feel better.

First 4 days in the park. We walked 28 miles..

We might try to go to the parks today if I'm feeling up to it.

Here are some pics of the 3 bedroom.

20230125_163659.jpg

20230125_163659a.jpg

20230125_163734.jpg

20230125_163719.jpg

20230125_163707.jpg

20230125_163703.jpg

20230125_163659b.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Ritz Carlton near us has a trivia contest every Wednesday night in their bar/casual restaurant.  We usually go with 2 other couples and have an ongoing rivalry with another group that is there regularly.  They usually win and we usually take second place. 🤬  Last night, I made a somewhat educated guess for one of the questions and we were the only team to get it right.  I'm pretty sure that at least 2 people here will know the answer.  "To what city would you need to travel to visit the Sixth Floor Museum?"  

Our rivals were not there last night, but we still finished in second place.  ☹️

Dallas….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Summer in the winter....

Dani, the pictures are lovely.  Very bright and crisp.

13 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Dallas….

Hey, I knew that. 🤣Been there many times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We take any out of town visitors to the 6th floor museum , I still find it interesting after several visits. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hot & humid in Sydney today.  Went for a lovely walk along the beach after dinner.

D4583953-1D05-4071-964A-E2CFAFC7305F.thumb.jpeg.e49a1315e975d4c27427aea6e38883be.jpeg

B348E954-E74D-4FF7-9DF5-E9E86D338FEE.thumb.jpeg.d7ec7c076489c5609c7efaa42570620d.jpeg

11EFFB5F-9AE1-4E1C-B090-54837BD950D4.thumb.jpeg.186f51d0d5ec62c8cebb06e5f12ae8fb.jpeg

And then enjoyed a rare ice-cream treat.  DH chose strawberry cheesecake and I picked my childhood favourite flavour - rum & raisin.  Yummy.

7B23D0B5-2598-4B1C-B875-645A025BFE19.thumb.png.b8c315d3e3f40fff97c4e2aae81da0c0.png

Happy Australia Day.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Dallas….

Ding, ding, ding.  Winner.

35 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hey, I knew that. 🤣Been there many times.

20 minutes ago, George C said:

We take any out of town visitors to the 6th floor museum , I still find it interesting after several visits. 

I figured that the two of you would know the answer. 😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Been a rough last 24 hours. I became ill after going to Joe's Crab Shack or after we got some food at Epcot in France.

Got back to our room around 10pm and my stomach started to hurt. Diarrhea was first and then throwing up alot. This was from about 10pm to 4am.

So next day was out for the parks,very tired and dehydrated. 

We were suppose to check out of our room on the 26th. But the owner who we got this room through was able to get us a 3 bedroom deluxe from the 25th to checking out on the 27th...Giving me an extra day to feel better before heading to Bradenton to stay with them

The 3 bedroom unit is really nice,we are in Building 5 now next to the lazy river.

We made the switch in rooms for only $225 total. So thought it was well worth it to give me an extra day to feel better.

First 4 days in the park. We walked 28 miles..

We might try to go to the parks today if I'm feeling up to it.

Here are some pics of the 3 bedroom.

20230125_163659.jpg

20230125_163659a.jpg

20230125_163734.jpg

20230125_163719.jpg

20230125_163707.jpg

20230125_163703.jpg

20230125_163659b.jpg

Feel better Jimbo!

The units are really nice. Do you rent from the owner direct or via other sites?

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

You and Charlie had the same draft experience, he worked with computers also his two years.  He was lucky enough to go to Korea instead of Vietnam.  

I was in Oklahoma my first year not far from Dallas second year I was in Germany and one of my best friends was in Air Force stationed there also we got together on New Year’s Day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Your DH must be thrilled with his new phone.  It sure takes beautiful pictures, Dani!

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, the pictures are lovely.  Very bright and crisp.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

@dani negreanu

Tell your DH those are spectacular photos!!  The reflection of the birds in the water is just stunning!!  

29 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani gorgeous pictures 

14 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Dani, love the pictures

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@dani negreanu DH must be very pleased with his new phone. Beautiful photos.

DH is thanking you all, and, YES, he's very pleased with the new camera, which was very important to him, more than many other features.

It was a huge surprise that the "boys" managed to pull it up, luckily DS1 still has many FA friends, and beside, it was agreed that the mixer I've got will be the only gift we'll both receive.

It seems that the "boys" didn't want to "short-change" He, who supplies them every week end with gourmet dishes... 😉

• Like 10