Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Couple pics from today. Another day above freezing. Very nice. High five. 

I dug out the pool deck drains in hopes that the snow will melt into them soon. If I didn’t flag them in the fall I’d never find them now. Just a bit of snow to melt.

There is a 18’x36’ pool there, honestly. 

F0FBFBE2-F68B-4558-89EA-538DBDB46F1B.thumb.jpeg.80099285127557a482d69b9ad12ee771.jpeg

Lucy decided to climb up and into the lilac tree. Must be a throwback to her cat elders. 

C6EBD603-C094-4053-88E0-461DB664784C.thumb.jpeg.fda34b6b2647cf4e933d6fee9f746d7d.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I go into anaphylactic shock, not fun.  Just happened in May, spent 4 hours in ER in the middle of COVID.😳

We had an employee very comparable reactions to yours. She had one bite of a meatball that was cooked in peanut oil, immediately spat it out and ended up in hospital for the afternoon.

I joke about raisins but I could only imagine how you and others cope with such severe allergies. 

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had an employee very comparable reactions to yours. She had one bite of a meatball that was cooked in peanut oil, immediately spat it out and ended up in hospital for the afternoon.

I joke about raisins but I could only imagine how you and others cope with such severe allergies. 

Usually it hasn’t been a problem.  I am very careful with what I eat.  Even if I have had something In the past I check the ingredients.  I am allergic to tree nuts, luckily not peanuts.  However, we don’t know what triggered it Last May as I didn’t it anything unusual.  We think cross contamination of something.  On cruises they are really good in taking care of me!

• Like 3

It was the first time I really thought I was dying.  After they gave me medicines my heart was beating so hard my chest was sore for days.  Everything went black and I felt like I was burning from head to toe😳All I could think of was I never said goodbye to Charlie. He let me out by the ER and then they never let him come in to see me because of COVID.  Anyway, I lived and always say goodbye to my family because you never know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Last time I saw my high school friends was 3 months ago.... 2 lockdowns

and 2 doses of vaccines+2 weeks after, we finally got together this morning.

It was so much fun bringing each other up to date about how we spent "inside" those last months...

A nice brunch spread

image.png

Then my friend's DH got home and took our picture 🥰

PHOTO-2021-02-24-16-39-03.jpg

Looks like an amazing day for all🥰

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

* On the right bell peppers (red and orange)

* On the left some cheese spread, and *avocado+eggs salad (she is leaving the pit in the middle, prevents it from going "black")

* Huge fresh strawberries

* Cherry tomato salad

*Some goat special cheese

* Humus and *eggplant spread

*Special bread with raisins (not for @A&L_Ont) and nuts, some beigels

* Hot, not in the pic -- a stew of sunny eggs + with tomato cooked, called "Shakshuka"

* Salmon filet (which she forgot to serve....)

* "Oznei Haman" (Hamantaschen - Purim cookies), a chocolate cake brought by one of us, and my famous chocolate cookies....

Espresso, various teas, fresh squeezed OJ.

I love shakshuka with garlic, onions, bell peppers along with the tomato and poached eggs.  Is that how you make it?

Sigh.  Many days, this is the only CC thread that I'll look at.  Occasionally, I'll venture out and see what else is happening on CC.  Like looking at a car crash, there are some threads that I feel compelled to view, especially those that have been locked.  Why do I do that?  I think I'll just stay here for a while with discussions of day to day activities, pictures of food/pets/local sights, and well wishes for others.  Thanks again Dani for starting this thread.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sigh.  Many days, this is the only CC thread that I'll look at.  Occasionally, I'll venture out and see what else is happening on CC.  Like looking at a car crash, there are some threads that I feel compelled to view, especially those that have been locked.  Why do I do that?  I think I'll just stay here for a while with discussions of day to day activities, pictures of food/pets/local sights, and well wishes for others.  Thanks again Dani for starting this thread.

I agree; I’m slightly afraid of the other conversations. They seem so mean and spiteful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A while back we finished emptying out my DHs uncles house who was a hoarder. At that time I found an old suitcase. It was locked. Brought it to our house and forgot about it.  Until yesterday. I asked my husband if he knew which key it was. He brought home a full shoe box of old keys.  When he got done laughing at me he just broke the locks. 
Here  is a picture of what was found. 

The date?

444E60F6-3300-4CFE-9560-BCF4A5045CA1.jpeg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Dani that looks delicious! It must have been so lovely to see your friends in-person again

Yes, it was, and more. You know the "feeling" that no one wants to be the 1st couple to arrive to a party?

Not us... I arrived a couple of minutes early (the invite was for 11am), finding parking, elevator to 5th floor (we try to find an empty elevator...), etc. While looking for parking, I saw, on the corner of my eye, 2 of the other "girls" waiting in the car for the "gong".... 

I parked, and called out to them: "Let's go, we'll be the 3 arriving first 😉"

We stayed until 5PM.... yes, and at the door, joked that next time we'll bring pyjamas, just in case 😁

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Nice you still live close enough you can all get together. I had a high school reunion almost 2 years ago and it was fun, but it's a at least 2 days drive each way to cleveland area from dallas. Still talk to my hs friends too. It's nice you see them in person. 

Not so close (us being a country which can be driven from south to north in 8 hours), but still mch closer than you.... One lives 1.5 hours, on 1 hour, I live 30 min and the luckiest one -- just 10 min drive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thank you 🌷

Don't get me wrong -- I think that ALL of us would agree that we'd very much be now either on a cruise, or planning, booking, checking shore excursions options, dinner & entertainment on ship, FF miles, points for hotels, etc.

I miss reading trip reviews ( @singinalot), live from the flow rider ( @A&L_Ont), the 4 monsters ( @Yorkvillain), Rick's pineapples ( @CruiseLifeRick), etc.  Oh, I've almost forgot Cheapo Dad's reviews ( @harryfat1😁 , and, I'm sure, many many others.

I miss opening a Word file with all the tips, and updating it with the newest reviews.

I miss checking reviews in TripAdvisor regarding tours, restaurants and hotels.

This thread is a very nice "understudy" until we'll cruise again...

Thank you all for keeping it going 🙏

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1