Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Arzeena  We also did the Turquoise Bay beach break a couple of years ago. We just did the regular package.   It was very nice however, we did not do the VIP package that Greg @Sea Dog did.   I would go there again but would definitely do the VIP package next time.  We also have some other cruise friends who have done the VIP package and highly recommended it.  Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes that was me. We booked it through Royal. It was call the "Turquoise Bay VIP Beach Break."

IMG_0947.thumb.jpeg.1c40b8670dfa0e0d332614ed824f357f.jpeg

It included lunch and free drinks.

IMG_0954.thumb.jpeg.44220c7e12b7aa610e121ad8664c6bd1.jpeg

IMG_0948.thumb.jpeg.9947f084f7ea42761a201cfacc9dfcdb.jpeg

IMG_0949.thumb.jpeg.03205049959207a3f7b687ac2aa6bef3.jpeg

IMG_0950.thumb.jpeg.118916c38c749743b8774af40a23320c.jpeg

The location was beautiful and the area was very clean.

IMG_0964.thumb.jpeg.82da86e047cb86e54356de06eaf6333d.jpeg

We had loungers and there were waiters that would come around and take your drink orders.

IMG_0955.thumb.jpeg.ee557c24dc5b83776882bbc33298adae.jpeg

The food was excellent

IMG_0958.thumb.jpeg.e28d73dd4ec68f32faa2a49f25416668.jpeg

IMG_0959.thumb.jpeg.9dcbfe0a922b70b40700c8b61f082360.jpeg

I cocktails were amazing and strong.

IMG_0956.thumb.jpeg.0ed2a080b71cc306302dddcddc99c6a0.jpeg

IMG_0965.thumb.jpg.7c35c376b990306cf036332f0283db9c.jpg

There were even  buckets of beers everywhere

IMG_0951.thumb.jpeg.d0617796c5ec3a74644eb94e8c115ab5.jpeg

There were clean restrooms and musicians playing some great music that wasn't too loud just perfect. The bus ride is about 45 minutes to there but it was interesting to see the sites along the way. I highly recommend this excursion.

Thank you, we will book that. Looks amazing!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I have a guy there that can customize the day for you, if you want to do something different.  Island tour, animal encounters, beach break, etc.  

You have my email. Thank you. We have Roatan stop on a couple of cruises.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So here is my rant of the day. 

We saw the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 movie which had a PG-13 rating.  Susan and I were both a little surprised when the main character dropped an F-bomb during one scene.  Both grandsons wanted to see the movie, so we were looking for things that might not be appropriate for them. 

Now I always thought that the F-bomb in a movie would automatically get it an R rating.  It just so happened that I read an article just after seeing the movie, and then can now have the F-bomb dropped three times, and still get a PG-13 rating.  Or, it can be up to nine times if the word is mumbled and not clearly enunciated. 

The sad thing is, it didn’t need to be there at all. It didn’t add anything to the story line.  Then we wonder what’s wrong with some kids.  

I better stop now before the rant goes on. Rant over. 

I remember a few years ago while watching The Walking Dead, one of the characters uttered the F-bomb. It surprised me as the show is not on a premium network like HBO or Showtime but AMC which is a basic cable network just like TBS, TNT, USA, etc.

Turns out, it's now ok to utter one (1) swear word per 1 hour episode as long as it airs after 10 pm.  As far as I know, that applies to any show on any network as long as its outside Family Hour (10 pm - 6(?) am). Not sure what happens if the show is repeated during the day if it gets bleeped or thay only show the repeats after 10 pm?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

Our cat Gracie who passed last year was a very interesting cat , if my wife had her purse open she would take money and put it in one of my shoes 😁

Sounds like a well-trained cat to me. And obviously you were Gracie favorite.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

@Arzeena  We also did the Turquoise Bay beach break a couple of years ago. We just did the regular package.   It was very nice however, we did not do the VIP package that Greg @Sea Dog did.   I would go there again but would definitely do the VIP package next time.  We also have some other cruise friends who have done the VIP package and highly recommended it.  Enjoy!

Thanks. Two votes are even better!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling like myself and have been blaming it on allergies.   Yesterday while doing yard work I was feeling a bit out of breath and definitely have an annoying cough.   This morning I was out of breath after a couple trips up and down the basement steps.     Friday and Saturday night the area in front and bottom of my right ear has been bothering me so this afternoon I decided to go to an urgent care facility.    This is the first time I have gone to one for myself.    Found it to be very efficient and definitely much easier than trying to get ahold of my Doctor's office during weekdays.     

The Doctor said I do not have an ear infection but I am definitely congested and diagnosed me with acute bronchitis.   She said there are a lot of respiratory infections still going around this time of year and prescribed Benzonatate once a day along with an inhaler to be used as needed (but no more than 4 times a day) and take extra strength Mucinex extended 12 hr. tablets.    

I just took the mucinex and will take benzonatate in a bit.   I don't like taking medicines I have never used at the same time.   

She said I am most likely not contagious since I have felt this way for a 1 week or so and still go to work (Darn it - LOL).   

Eric has been congested as well I suggested he call the family Doc since he has restrictions on what meds he is permitted.

Debbie:I hope that you and Eric feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have not yet used the inhaler I picked up yesterday.   Maybe today, if needed.

I have never heard the water bottle trick.    Our Son Chris has used an inhaler since he was a small boy for his asthma.

As he got older he needs it alot less these days.

I have not had a cold since 2019.In 2018 somebody recommended taking Black Elderberry Syrup .The company that makes it is in Italy but I buy it from a Distributor in North Carolina.I take one teaspoon every morning.The guy who told me about this product also takes one teaspoon but his wife takes two.

When Nurse Toby first heard of this she refused to use it .After I used it for 6 months and she saw that it worked she began taking it.

Prior to 2019 whenever I had a cold I would take the following which always worked for me :juice from a lemon added to 1/2 cup warm water,

3 tablespoons of honey,a pinch of salt and drink fast.My daughters use this when they get colds.

My parents used the following going back to the 1920’s:

Glass of warm milk with honey and whiskey.They termed this a gugle mugle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Now I want to book that beach break  It looks great.  I'm going there in August.  Do prices for that change a lot?  The VIP one is now $189pp

Wonder Aug 6.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I remember a few years ago while watching The Walking Dead, one of the characters uttered the F-bomb. It surprised me as the show is not on a premium network like HBO or Showtime but AMC which is a basic cable network just like TBS, TNT, USA, etc.

Turns out, it's now ok to utter one (1) swear word per 1 hour episode as long as it airs after 10 pm.  As far as I know, that applies to any show on any network as long as its outside Family Hour (10 pm - 6(?) am). Not sure what happens if the show is repeated during the day if it gets bleeped or thay only show the repeats after 10 pm?

The wife of one of my friends worked for AMC.I will ask her the next time I speak to her but I believe you will not hear the word during daytime hours.

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

August 27th Wonder for me.  Is it $189 for your sailing?

Just checked it is $167. Now you are just going to have to switch dates and give us the pleasure of your company!😁

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Just checked it is $167. Now you are just going to have to switch dates and give us the pleasure of your company!😁

Thanks  but I can't get my DP340 single supplement until after August 15th😟 

• Like 2

We always loved the dolphin encounter in Roatan, have done it a few times by far best we have done and I am sure we will do it in November on Harmony, this I’ll be our first Galveston cruise in over 5 years, love that they now have oasis class ships.

• Like 3

On 5/7/2023 at 6:52 PM, dani negreanu said:

Due to the very heavy heat, we decided for our 2nd day in Marrakech to visit the "neighborhood" (Ourika valley, the Atlas mountains as a background) from the comfort of an air-conditioned car. We arranged for a private driver, who took us for photo ops and also recommended a wonderful "al fresco" restaurant, where we lunched right by the river.

image.thumb.jpeg.b54a420cb5c96cddc7bbd219441cfcf1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4a0275c548f2d9d72cb23ee9b847daa5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6dc7d70d912ae2bb4f1db1cea40e7784.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.495fbe58b5535a039e124591dd7a7bba.jpeg

On our 3rd and last day in Marrakech, we were lucky that the temps dropped to a "reasonable" 93F 😉 and we visited the Majorelle Garden.

The Majorelle Garden is a one-hectare botanical garden and artist's landscape garden in Marrakech, Morocco. It was created by the French Orientalist artist Jacques Majorelle over almost forty years, starting in 1923, and features a Cubist villa designed by the French architect, Paul Sinoir in the 1930s.

image.thumb.jpeg.2c903c308b81e8a45cd0dcf3252615c2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dbcdd795ddbb00f496426cbfef3793fb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eaa483ea387f2ab498c1da8e8c7edab4.jpeg

and took the opportunity to eat a traditional tajin meal at the coffe on site.

image.thumb.jpeg.33ff033a449e74132218fc58da6b76af.jpeg

Looks wonderful Dani, you obviously did your homework and knew where you wanted to visit 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling like myself and have been blaming it on allergies.   Yesterday while doing yard work I was feeling a bit out of breath and definitely have an annoying cough.   This morning I was out of breath after a couple trips up and down the basement steps.     Friday and Saturday night the area in front and bottom of my right ear has been bothering me so this afternoon I decided to go to an urgent care facility.    This is the first time I have gone to one for myself.    Found it to be very efficient and definitely much easier than trying to get ahold of my Doctor's office during weekdays.     

The Doctor said I do not have an ear infection but I am definitely congested and diagnosed me with acute bronchitis.   She said there are a lot of respiratory infections still going around this time of year and prescribed Benzonatate once a day along with an inhaler to be used as needed (but no more than 4 times a day) and take extra strength Mucinex extended 12 hr. tablets.    

I just took the mucinex and will take benzonatate in a bit.   I don't like taking medicines I have never used at the same time.   

She said I am most likely not contagious since I have felt this way for a 1 week or so and still go to work (Darn it - LOL).   

Eric has been congested as well I suggested he call the family Doc since he has restrictions on what meds he is permitted.

Hope you feel better soon and that the medicine helps. 

How annoying the doc says you can still work though 🙃

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Now I want to book that beach break  It looks great.  I'm going there in August.  Do prices for that change a lot?  The VIP one is now $189pp

I think we paid a little less. Maybe $167?

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

How is Maya Key?  That one is $67

Maya Key is great and it's right across the bay where the cruise ship docks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I thought the Coronation Concert last night was spectacular.

Lionel Richie at 73 was amazing and is the same age as King Charles.

Katy Perry, Take That, Andrea Bocelli, The Prince of Wales speech, even Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog, all amazing.

The lights in the sky were awesome as well as changing colorful lights beamed on Windsor Castle.

So many "ooh ahh" moments.

Best concert, ever.

I really enjoyed it too. I missed the first half as was driving back from London. What I saw (roughly from Williams speech) was spectacular. The lightshow and drone lights was great too.

I applied for the free ticket draw but didn't win.  Windsor Castle is only about half an hour drive from us so would of been great to of been there. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 6