Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What type of plants do you keep in your greenhouse? Edibles or do you ever keep orchids? I love orchids

Ha, I'm no expert, but now I've been made redundant /retired I'm looking forward to spending more time in the garden.  

I usually grow vegetables; tomatoes, peppers, courgettes. 

We're having a rare winter sunny spell at the moment, so yesterday I tackled the mucky job of cleaning out the fish pond 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Much better thanks.  Charlie just had a sore arm.  If either of us had to get a reaction I am glad it was me.  With his transplant and other issues, it would not have been good.

Delighted to hear you are both fine after your vaccine jabs.

Very slight pain in my arm for me a day after the Pfizer jab.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hi Lenny, Brooklyn no doubt. Love, love Carol and James. I can listen to them for hours. I might still have my Tapestry album somewhere.

As far as the food pics, YUM.

Welcome, Bonnie,

Should you want to "multi quote"....

Near the "Quote" button there is a +. When you want to "multi quote", you press the + instead of the "Quote" button. And so on, on every quote you want to add, + , + , etc.

On the right side of the screen, you'll see a "Quote" sign. When you've finished all you want to quote, press this one, and all your [multi] quotes will appear 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Welcome, Bonnie,

Near the "Quote" button there is a +. When you want to "multi quote", you press the + instead of the "Quote" button. And so on, on every quote you want to add, + , + , etc.

On the right side of the screen, you'll see a "Quote" sign. When you've finished all you want to quote, press this one, and all your [multi] quotes will appear 😉

It is a pleasant and sunny 52°F today.

We have been to church this morning and our reverend David mentioned my late dad's memory (March 5th) during prayers.

We have just had a couple of McDonald's wraps and are sitting looking out at sea.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Graham.

16145145541844975646376917929187.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, dbancroft said:

This lockdown thread reminds me of being on a cruise. There are people from all over the world interacting with each other and we are learning about there lives back home.  Instead of spending a week together we have been on a cruise for a whole year.

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Without a Windjammer.🤨

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Without a lot of important people, a chef, a room steward, a bartender are my needs.

Almost as a round the world cruise, but.... much much longer.... for the moment, at least, with no end in sight.

Meantime, we'll continue to "know" each other 🥰

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Welcome, Bonnie,

Thanks Dani that's helpful , whilst you are doing a master class 😁, could you tell me how to add photos to a post, either on android phone or tablet. I've tried searching for info but can't find it, thanks 

Sue 

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is a pleasant and sunny 52°F today.

We have been to church this morning and our reverend David mentioned my late dad's memory (March 5th) during prayers.

We have just had a couple of McDonald's wraps and are sitting looking out at sea.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Graham.

16145145541844975646376917929187.jpg

Are you big McDonalds fans?  I saw someone else mention your McDonalds. 

I used to look for them when I was travelling for the free wifi, but this last trip to florida to see the condo, the lobbys were locked and closed. Drive thru only. Disappointing! Covid be gone. One mcdonalds at the texas and Louisiana border the drive thru was not moving, so jammed I got out of line. Would be over a hour wait. The best thing I had driving was a chicken mcgriddle. The sweetness went surprisingly well with a fried chicken patty. I rarely eat at them at home, just travelling I sampled their menu.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Dani that's helpful , whilst you are doing a master class 😁, could you tell me how to add photos to a post, either on android phone or tablet. I've tried searching for info but can't find it, thanks 

Sue 

I'm not dani, but I click add file at the bottom, and select from my pictures that come up

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are you big McDonalds fans?  I saw someone else mention your McDonalds. 

I used to look for them when I was travelling for the free wifi, but this last trip to florida to see the condo, the lobbys were locked and closed. Drive thru only. Disappointing! Covid be gone. One mcdonalds at the texas and Louisiana border the drive thru was not moving, so jammed I got out of line. Would be over a hour wait. The best thing I had driving was a chicken mcgriddle. The sweetness went surprisingly well with a fried chicken patty. I rarely eat at them at home, just travelling I sampled their menu.

There are 5 McDonald's within 10 miles of us.

There is 1 about 1 mile from the beach so it is handy going through the drive through and getting a couple of wraps a hot chocolate and coffee and driving to the beach.

• Like 2

Waiting for Home Depot to open this morning.

Last night we saw some bits and pieces of pipe wrap insulation on the floor by the furnace in the basement.  Took a quick look around and didn’t see anything so swept it up and left it.  This morning I went down to take a look and heard an animal scampering about  on the suspended in the furnace room and then a face peeking over the edge where the tiles stop by the furnace. I didn’t have the light on but it’s either a squirrel or a chipmunk. 

Last night after we found the debris we went outside and the mesh screening at the end of the furnace exhaust/intake pipes had fallen out.  We had a squirrel get in this way about 10 years ago.

Time to buy some traps.

• Like 5

Yesterday was the completion of the 1st Bruce Rossmeyer Harley-Davidson Civilian Motorcycle Skills Challenge 

Yours truly placed second in Team Slow Ride. We had 59 riders and raised over $7000 for the Volusia Sheriff Office Charities. 

The video is called SMART Ride. Three rider teams from blind draw. Two Experts/Masters and 1 Novice. 

6EFB74D6-78CF-44A4-A8AA-3FCF3BFD7856.jpeg

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Well I have been binge-watching Masterchef when escaping from writing my thesis.  It has inspired my cooking somewhat and I have been adding a bit more ‘love’ in my dishes. 

Tonight I will be making spiced lentils.  Should have been last night until I measured them out, read the packet and found that they needed soaking for 12 hours before cooking.  I will be a bit more careful when measuring out the turmeric.  On Friday I put turmeric in a marinade and my pale pink shellaced nails developed a yellow tinge reminiscent of nicotine.  

Mmmm...sounds yummy...and very creative!  🙂 

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yesterday was the completion of the 1st Bruce Rossmeyer Harley-Davidson Civilian Motorcycle Skills Challenge 

Yours truly placed second in Team Slow Ride. We had 59 riders and raised over $7000 for the Volusia Sheriff Office Charities. 

The video is called SMART Ride. Three rider teams from blind draw. Two Experts/Masters and

Congratulations.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Is it Opossums or just Possums? I wrote opossums earlier in the thread but it didn't look right. So I did what any one else would do and consult with The Google.

Turns out, they are 2 different animals. Opossums are native to North America while Possums are native to Australia. While both are marsupial, the Australia Opossum is more closely related to the Kangaroo while it's North American cousin is not.

To further confound things, it's okay to drop the leading O when speaking" about the North American Opossum and say "Possum".

Dave, Lenny - feel free to use this useless bit of trivia in the Please Delete The Thread game. Or is it the This or That game?

I am not sure how Granny of the Beverly Hillbillies series spelled it...errr...if she spelled at all.  😉  

She did like to cook that Possum and grits dinner.  😄 

The meals of the Beverly Hillbillies, ranked in order of edibility

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The video is called SMART Ride. Three rider teams from blind draw. Two Experts/Masters and 1 Novice. 

6EFB74D6-78CF-44A4-A8AA-3FCF3BFD7856.jpeg

IMG_0696.MOV 35.64 MB · 2 downloads

Well done Rory.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, derorim said:

Marcel and Miss Priss love them too.😍

Squirrel.JPG

Oh soooo cute!  Bucky built little corner shelves in both our first apartment, and in our first house in  the screen enclosure so my two girls could sit on them and watch the squirrels.  Funny how the squirrels do like to tease the cats.  😄 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A beautiful sunset after a warm day. Most of the ice has melted in our laneway too. Unfortunately the gravel road is like driving g on a sponge of mud. 

E2B7B07A-6DB7-4043-8CA2-EBF1028E0097.thumb.jpeg.7562b6f3821a2602caf96ae2cae72ef3.jpeg

The sunset glow hit the moon perfectly.  So wish I had more than my phone. 

200D0810-3396-475D-AC54-E96590D69D24.thumb.jpeg.4a9aa3969a0cc24329049cd8d60e2371.jpeg

10EE59CF-544D-4842-ACDE-82C626493131.thumb.jpeg.4f992ceab15bcdcfe8c14a8cb36fb881.jpeg

Those are great shots for a phone!! Which one are you using??

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, thanks for the heads-up. I would have thought the place where we got our shots would have told us that. Since all my dentist and doctors appointments are made in advance  I'll ask when we make our appointments if they require the CV-19 card. Never hurts to ask. 

If any of my doctors or dentists want proof of my vaccine when I tell them I have received it, they must not believe my statement.  Not sure I would want them as my doctor/dentist if they think I am not telling the truth?  But that's just me I guess.  

• Like 1