Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 7/22/2023 at 10:51 AM, jagsfan said:

@lenquixote66 I know you’re busy all weekend, so maybe you won’t even see this till Monday. 
So, either way, pretend you’re reading it on your birthday!

Happy Birthday, sent with heartfelt wishes for many more. 
May your memories never dim, and your new ones be happy. 
Mimi

Thank you so very much,Mimi.

On 7/21/2023 at 1:02 PM, DaniDanielle said:

We wish you the happiest of birthdays Lenny🎂What a milestone especially with all you have been through🥰

Thanks,Marietta.I honestly never expected to reach 80.My father had Parkinson’s and other issues lived to 85 That is my new goal.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

We told my niece she's coming with us Liberty next year. She's beside herself with excitement! We're heading to Labadee, Bermuda, St. Martin, and Puerto Rico......none of which she's been to! She's already challenged me to a race on the waterslides!

Nice itinerary. 

• Like 1

PHEW!  I'm finally caught up!!!!  Man, I hope to never get that far behind on this thread again... I just couldn't bring myself to skip two weeks' worth of posts, so I buckled down and read 'em all over the past few nights at work.

All is well in Michigan, I've just been working my tuchus off and been too exhausted to get online after work.  I need to learn to say "no" to my private duty nursing job once in a while, but it's hard because there aren't any other employees to take my place if I'm not working, so I end up working six nights a week between the ER job and the private duty job.  

The only upside to working all these hours is that my Cruise Fund is growing bigger every week!  The downside is that I don't have any time to actually take any cruises!!!

• Like 22

20 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like a typical wet English summer day at The Open Championship golf tournament.  Yuck.  Does that weather extend all the way east to you Graham @grapau27

Even down in the South we've had cool weather with a fair amount if rain. Actually I quite like cooler weather. Its nice to have hot weather on holiday when you're by a pool or sea, but for everyday, cool to warm (around 18 to 22c) is fine by me. But I do feel for Brides and outdoor events planned, plus those who are having their main holiday in the UK.  The weather is meant to be warming up mid Aug. We've hardly been out on the boat at all. Even when it's sunny it's windy.  Yesterday we went to the beach and it was windy but pleasantly warm

Here is the forecast for the next week in our area

Screenshot_20230724_093122_Weather.thumb.jpg.84af273c7a58f6d4cffb96ee66ed904d.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

Good morning.

It is currently 12°C and sunny after 72 hours of non stop rain over the weekend.

I am watching the women's world cup football where it is 

Germany 2 Morocco 0 at half time.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Debbie,it was the best weekend I had in a very long time.Longtime friends who I last saw many years ago due to their illnesses and mine came and we had so much fun .We+all seemed to forget about our medical issues.

Excellent!!!   Very happy to hear this.   You sure did have some great summer weather this weekend too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY🦋

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone in the area take a picture for the rest of us?😉😁

Sorry those people were thinking "OMG burning chinese balloon!" and fumbling for their phones.😁Honestly!!!🤣

And photography skills not as great as our resident experts here.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 12°C and sunny after 72 hours of non stop rain over the weekend.

I am watching the women's world cup football where it is 

Germany 2 Morocco 0 at half time.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

I’m watching as I clean and do laundry.  Just glancing at it I wondered who was playing since the abbreviation for Morocco was MAR on our coverage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Thanks!  After I'm done my video editing magic, we'll announce it to her Junior Cruiser fans on YouTube.

I noticed in your signature that you sailed on Horizon. That was our first family cruise, one week, NYC to Bermuda.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed the deranged former cat sitter brouhaha is behind me.  I met with another lady yesterday.  It was one of those small world experiences.  She was born and went to elementary school in Lynchburg, VA; I went to (then) Randolph Macon Women’s College.  Her family moved to Decatur, GA; I grew up there.  A couple of her relatives were at Emory on the transplant team; my father was the head of the cardio-thoracic department at Emory.  She was really nice.  And I have meetings with two more sitters today.

I even texted the DFCS and said upon further reflection I thought it would be best for her to return my key.  After sending the text I dropped the phone as I feared it might ignite…. She replied she would be happy to return it “in the next few days.”  LOL; she lives in our subdivision.  My DH is changing our security system code.

Bullet dodged!

• Like 16
  • Haha 2