Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

American airlines does non stop to sxm from dallas.

Enjoy your dinner, sounds great!

Eric's BD is march 31st still trying figure where I'll take him for dinner.

No direct flights at least in July on American or any other airlines looks like we need to fly American to Charlotte then Charlotte to SXM , we had to this going to others islands also. 

43 minutes ago, George C said:

Discovered getting to St Maarten for our cruise is a pain, no direct flights from Dallas looks like we need a 7am flight then change planes . Should have a nice dinner tonight going to Ruth Chris for a 5 course wine dinner . 

Don't know what it would mean from a $$ standpoint but can you fly/drive somewhere that has a direct flight the night before, then catch the direct flight the next day?  I considered doing something similar  with a drive to Miami, stay in a hotel, then direct flight MIA to Nassau.  Easier for us since we can drive to MIA in 5 hours.  Guessing though that SXM does not have nearly as many flights as NAS.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

All states here are not the same.  Here, they are still working on over 65’s, and those under 65 with qualifying health conditions.  They say it may be another 6 weeks before the under 65’s are eligible.  And our governor is just reducing the number of places where people can get their shots. Don’t see how that will help.

Sounds like a supply problem.  In New York, about 90% of the vaccine allocated are being administered on average every day.  Pretty much giving the out as fast as they can. I was surprised when they lowered the eligibility age  to 50 only 2 weeks after they dropped it to 60. 

God bless our governor, even if he is on borrowed time. 😃😉😇

That being said, there were a few senior citizen when I went yesterday for my first jab.  So they are not done with the over 60 crowd yet either. I almost felt guilty that there could be more people out there that need the shot more than I. Of course, at that point, it was too late to cancel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Recieved my 2nd dose of pfizer yesterday afternoon.  I'm feeling good.  Arm is a bit sore.  Eric is feeling tired and sluggish, like a hangover he said so he had his raisin brand and went back to bed.  

Going to be a beautiful day near 80 today.  Time to get a pedicure and bring out the sandals👡

Thats' great news for you. Not so much for you hubby.

Got my first jab yesterday. Minor headache that went away quickly, arm got pretty sore last night so I didn't sleep so well.

My understanding is that the 2nd jab will be worse. That'll be April 22nd.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, FL is doing great!  I'm early 50s and now fully vaccinated in southeastern, pa.    Morning news just announced mass vaccine site in Phila opened this morning for anyone 18+.   Huge lines, great to see large turnout.

They have 2 lines, 1 for moderna 1 for j&j.

My county giving people choice of moderna or pfizer as of yesterday.  No choice was available when I went for first one early march, but I'm happy I got pfizer.

That's awesome. If I had a choice, it would have been J&J, one and done. Milder side effects too. Pfizer would have been my 2nd choice. As it turns out, the county site where I got my shot only had Moderna.  I could have waited until next week to get Pfizer at a CVS pharmacy that was over an hour away but then I got impatient. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Hi neighbor   (H20skibum)

Yes our winds from Ohio are going your way.

Those winds are going to hit my area of NY around 2 pm today. Good news, it'll be bring warm temps as well....high 70's.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Florida is open for age 40+ and beginning April 5, 18-+.  Anyone 18 or older will be able to get vaccinated if they choose to. 

God Bless our Governor

M8

Utah opened up for ages 16+. I believe it started 23 March. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I almost felt guilty that there could be more people out there that need the shot more than I.

I wouldn't worry too much.  Per CDC numbers from yesterday, 71% of 65+ have received at least one dose, and 45% are fully vaccinated.  I'm guessing those numbers will top out (at less than 100% since some won't want the vaccine) within a few weeks.  Hopefully, supply is no longer a constraint to 65+ getting the vaccine.

image.thumb.png.8b632f3ccba4809b1dece23fcd36064a.png

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wouldn't worry too much.  Per CDC numbers from yesterday, 71% of 65+ have received at least one dose, and 45% are fully vaccinated.  I'm guessing those numbers will top out (at less than 100% since some won't want the vaccine) within a few weeks.  Hopefully, supply is no longer a constraint to 65+ getting the vaccine

Thanks! That actually does make me feel better. 👍

1 hour ago, cynt said:

I'm in the DFW metro that Ruth Chris dinner sounds divine!

They have these wine dinners several times a year we go to many of them, check there website , normally around a hundred or so depending on vineyard .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

American airlines does non stop to sxm from dallas.

Enjoy your dinner, sounds great!

Eric's BD is march 31st still trying figure where I'll take him for dinner.

Just go off phone with celebrity according to her and what we saw only non stop was on Saturday day of the cruise but cruise leaves at 10 pm so we will fly in that day and no direct flight home at least for first class. We were also told we will need a Covid test 96 hours before arriving even though we would both had our shots. Seems to be a little bit of a hassle but we want to celebrate her birthday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

But not Shatner?

We were at the UN,the three of us were recipients of awards.Nimoy congratulated me and we had a conversation as though we were friends.

Shatner had no interest in talking to me which was fine but he made me feel as though I should not have been on the same dais as him because he was a celebrity and I was not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Just go off phone with celebrity according to her and what we saw only non stop was on Saturday day of the cruise but cruise leaves at 10 pm so we will fly in that day and no direct flight home at least for first class. We were also told we will need a Covid test 96 hours before arriving even though we would both had our shots. Seems to be a little bit of a hassle but we want to celebrate her birthday. 

my concern is with getting test results in time.    I have been covid tested several times in the recent past and they took anywhere from 2 to 5 days to get the results.    weekends were the longest wait. 

That's good you found a FC non-stop for day of the cruise.     I don't mind a connecting flight on the way home but I never like one on the way to a cruise as I always fear losing my luggage with connecting flights and not being to have my luggage catch up with me while on a ship.   

I'm sure she will have a Wonderful Birthday!   Is this a surprise for her?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

my concern is with getting test results in time.    I have been covid tested several times in the recent past and they took anywhere from 2 to 5 days to get the results.    weekends were the longest wait. 

That's good you found a FC non-stop for day of the cruise.     I don't mind a connecting flight on the way home but I never like one on the way to a cruise as I always fear losing my luggage with connecting flights and not being to have my luggage catch up with me while on a ship.   

I'm sure she will have a Wonderful Birthday!   Is this a surprise for her?

No surprise, I need to double check but there is a rapid Covid check that you get the results back in about10 minutes, wife is in HR and her department needed to supervise dozens of people getting these tests this week. Rapid test is not as accurate as other . 

4 minutes ago, George C said:

No surprise, I need to double check but there is a rapid Covid check that you get the results back in about10 minutes, wife is in HR and her department needed to supervise dozens of people getting these tests this week. Rapid test is not as accurate as other . 

I think it has to be a PCR swab test.    I read that either for celebrity or rcl's sailing out of nassau and bermuda. 

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Rapid test is not as accurate as other . 

Abbott ID Now is a rapid PCR (molecular) test.  Results within 30 minutes. I believe these are far more accurate the the Antigen Rapid tests, as good as regular PCR.

Regular PCR - I've done twice now. Got results with 2 1/2 days. Lab promised 2-5 day turnaround time. This is in New York last Oct and Dec, during the holiday rush.  October was nerve racking as we needed the results 3 days before leaving for Aruba. It cut it real close. We could have tested at the Aruba airport as a backup but didn't want to leave it to chance.

Wondering if St Martin will have the same plan

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Happy Passover. Two of our three kids are coming for our Seder while the third will be with friends as she is a nurse and lives out of state.

Last bun before Passover... with homemade hamburgers and lettuce from the "device" the kids bought DH for his b'day 😉

... and the end product 😁

Final product.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 16

7 hours ago, George C said:

CareNow has a 72 hour turn around but they are more expensive than other places I have seen ($150). I saw something from AA a few days ago about testing that was $100, I can’t remember where I saw, it may have been on our employee website. I will keep looking. CVS also does the test but I don’t know the turn around time or cost. 

I am hoping, but not holding my breath, that by this summer some of these countries will accept proof of vaccine rather than test results. 

Keep an eye on the flight schedules, it wouldn’t surprise me if the airlines take advantage of the cruise announcements and adjust the schedules. You can change your flights without a fee still. 

• Like 1