Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Glad you had no aftereffects. We felt like crap a full day after our 2nd moderna. Chills, fever, fatigue, and (for me) bad headache. Slept nearly the entire day. But the worse (if it indeed has anything to do with the shot) came a few days later when my left ear felt completely clogged and a feeling of constant pressure. Even worse, a few days after that came the worst vertigo / dizziness attack I've ever had. Sick for hours and basically up most of the night. Still have hearing problems but gradually getting better. Went to two doctors the day after the severe vertigo and am on a corticosteroid nasal spray. I do have meniere's disease and so am prone to vestibular issues, but still,  I was on a forum where many people were reporting the exact same thing following vaccine shots and many of those have no prior vestibular issues. So...can't prove any definite link but...certainly interesting. 

Oh my, I hope you feel better soon.     

I hope I don't go thru any of that as I just got my 2nd dose of Pfizer today.    The one that "seals the deal" as everyone says.

Take care 🤩

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

🤞 Hope you are both fine with no side effects Debbie.

Graham.

Thank you Graham.  I keep doing my arm exercises.    they told me to do this the first shot and i did several times throughout the night and had no arm soreness the next day.     Eric is laughing at me, but I keep telling him he will regret that tomorrow (all fun)😜

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@BonTexasNY, @lenquixote66

Happy and Kosher Passover 🌺

Pack of Matzos -- bought.

Chopped liver -- Check.

Gefilte fish -- on their way...

Thanks Dani,same to you.We are doing a Zoom Seder which will be lead by a nephew of my wife’s sister who will be ordained in May and his father who is a Cantor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suzieanna said:

Our Health Secretary in the UK has a surname that is usually starred out in part online.    Matt Han xxxx.    It begins with C and rhymes with sock!  Always makes me laugh when it’s a persons name blocked! 

A woman who I knew in high school probably should have kept her maiden name as now she is Mrs.D .It rhymes with sick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

That is really cool to have met him. Always thought it'd be neat to go to a convention. Shatner came to our local area to do his one-man "Wrath of Khan" thing where they show the movie and then he trots out and talks to the audience for an hour or so. Saw some youtube clips of previous shows and it looked rather boring, so didn't bother going. It was just Shatner being Shatner. Read an interesting book about Roddenberry. If much is true, it surely was not one 'happy family'. Lots of tensions and frictions between Roddenberry and many others associated with the show - including Shatner and Nimoy. Roddenberry appears to have been, shall we say, a "my way or the highway" sort of guy. Took credit for lots of stuff relative to star trek that he didn't actually do. Quite the womanizer too - especially with Nichols and Barrett (whom he eventually married). Apparently a good bit of, shall we say, "hanky panky" took place. The guy was unfortunately quite the druggie as well. 

I met Shatner and Nimoy in the late 80’s .They were recipients of awards from an organization that the three of us belonged to .Nimoy was very nice .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Great news for us.  I signed up at myturn.ca.gov but they just said I wasn't eligible yet but they'd let me know when I could.  I will definitely be booking an appointment asap.

Just keep checking.  By next week, you should be able to sign up if you are over 50.  I have Kaiser so I got mine through Kaiser.  They are very efficient.  They've opened up a vaccination site at the Marriott in Santa Clara.  Only thing is, there is a shortage of supply.

Interesting thing, my youngest who lives in LA went to CVS last night and thought he'd just ask if they had any extra vaccines.  Pharmacist said they did and gave him and his GF their first dose.  Not sure if pharmacies can do that.  I've heard it being done before but I know that Kaiser cannot do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Just keep checking.  By next week, you should be able to sign up if you are over 50.  I have Kaiser so I got mine through Kaiser.  They are very efficient.  They've opened up a vaccination site at the Marriott in Santa Clara.  Only thing is, there is a shortage of supply.

Interesting thing, my youngest who lives in LA went to CVS last night and thought he'd just ask if they had any extra vaccines.  Pharmacist said they did and gave him and his GF their first dose.  Not sure if pharmacies can do that.  I've heard it being done before but I know that Kaiser cannot do that.

We've got Kaiser as well.  I'll call them next week and see what's up.

5 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Yes I have heard of many vaccine sites/pharmacies having "groupies" hang till the end of the day to find out if there are any extra does left over due to no shows or cancellations.     

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I felt the same as you.  Last fall I was saying I would wait several months before getting the vaccine, but as soon as I got email from our dept of health that we were eligible we scheduled.

Today we go back for our 2nd jab of pfizer at 3 pm.  

Hoping the 2nd dose goes as well as first one.  My only side effect was a horrible nights sleep, was very restless.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here. All my friends and family thought "we should wait and see if people would grow tails and noses (?)", no rush whatsoever...", but rush it was. 

I guess we were more than fed up with lockdowns and fear....

I honestly didn't think I'd become eligible until sometime in the summer and then would wait until the end of the year.

But when I found of Tuesday morning I was eligible, all that went out the window.   So far, no bad side effects other than slight soreness in the arm.

My question is: when do the superpowers kick in? I'm hoping I can turn invisible or see the future.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

The inequities in distribution among the counties here is really annoying. Santa Clara and Alameda are 65+ and have had issues with supply and bickering with the state. Contra Costa and Solano are residents 50+. And Tuolumne County, where we have another home is 45+. So we just went there. I was getting very frustrated by the wait and the constant changing of plans. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cruiser52forever said:

Lee Majors as the six million dollar man.....my fist teen crush.  Oh and Donny Osmond.  What can I say, I had eclectic taste😆

Donny Osmond was my first crush when 8 yrs old I saw him in concert at the great allentown fair and wore purple socks all the time, just like he did👙🦄🧜‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mass inoculation clinic started yesterday in the Southern Park Mall in Mahoning County.

Bookings for appointments are high, but many did not show.

The local news at noon told folks 16 and older if you are available and want to be standby go to the mall for your vaccine.

Many did.

Yesterday 850 and today over 1000 got their first vaccine.

I cannot believe how daily the news is broadcasting to go to centers and just get the vaccine.

Columbiana county just south of here just says come, no appointment necessary.

Amazing.  Hope their getting the vaccine and not Placebos.

Then a mere 10 miles across the border in Pennsylvania, their is a shortage of vaccines, and some have been notified not to come for their second vaccine.  Being delayed by 7 days.

Just a few weeks ago, it was the hottest ticket around, now, they have a surplus and cannot get you in any faster.

Stay healthy

• Like 4