Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Thank God Gary is gone. Apparently he’s still in denial about his disgusting behavior. Totally agree with @Sea Dogabout both Gary and Ben. Luka, who I really liked at first was also getting a little creepy in the way he was acting towards the stews. As far as I’m concerned I don’t care if they don’t bring back BDSY at all. I’ve never been a big fan.

I have not heard he is officially gone. Last I heard he and Daisy were shooting episodes for the newest season. Unless something else has changed I am not sure what is going on. I know Colin will not be back as he is sailing around the world and has his own YouTube channel. Sure would like to find out what is really going on.

• Like 1

I started writing a couple posts yesterday, about some really strange things we encountered.  After writing and reading, I would think ‘yes, that post will go poof, or could earn me a do not pass go’.  So you all will just have to guess what still has me shaking my head.  So probably best for in person conversations.

Instead, I will share this story.

Last night, Susan and I spent our Wednesday evening like we do every Wednesday evening.  Packing bags of food for school age children to take home with them to make sure they have food to eat over the weekend. Our church sponsors this program, and we pack between 140 to 150 bags each week during the school year. 

Although we live in one of the wealthiest school districts in our county, most people would not think of the number of children who have food insecurities.  We have been well aware, but probably because our daughter is a teacher in the district, and we have heard many stories since she began teaching.

One of the teachers, who helps pack, had called during the week and asked if she could give out bags to four children who were not on the list to receive bags.  They had approached her and told her they had not had a supper meal all week.  Thankfully, the kids can get breakfast and lunch at school, but the numbers struggling with lack of food just seem to increase.

I guess the purpose of my post is to make others aware of the problem if you are not already.   It doesn’t matter where you live, the problem is there.  Maybe look in to programs in your area and support them.  I guarantee it will be appreciated. 

Ok, end of my thought for the day.  And this is a better topic than the one that had me SMH.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have not heard he is officially gone. Last I heard he and Daisy were shooting episodes for the newest season. Unless something else has changed I am not sure what is going on. I know Colin will not be back as he is sailing around the world and has his own YouTube channel. Sure would like to find out what is really going on.

Well if they do bring Gary back I won’t be watching. While I still enjoy many aspects of Below Deck it unfortunately has gone down the same path as many reality shows where it seems to be all about young, attractive people getting drunk and hooking up and watching the ensuing drama.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Below Deck Med is coming back early because of all the issues with Gary from Below Deck Sailing Yacht.  They were filming season five with Gary as part of the cast when sexual assault allegations were filed against him from a makeup artist.  He has posted on another social media site, laying in a field of daisies, saying that he was "cancelled because of a lie". Captain Glenn has posted recently that he will be back in 2024 but nothing more than that.  Not sure if they totally reshot a new season or what as they are all under NDA's.

What site do you use to keep up on the BD happenings?

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What site do you use to keep up on the BD happenings?

I follow a few of the cast on Instagram.  Stories also pop up in my feed there, a lot from US Weekly.  I also follow BravoTV and they are always posting Below Deck videos that aren't on tv.  Captain Glenn is good about answering questions from people, you have to read the comments to see them.  He posted last week that he has no idea when in 2024 season 5 is coming but it should be this year.  When asked if Daisy, Colin and Gary were on this season, he posted a zippered lips emoji.  

There are also some really good bloggers that are posting a lot from the Serenade and the World Cruise.  Lots of gorgeous videos and pictures.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is 32° this morning, and we have frost.  Hope everyone had their plants covered last night.   I think last night was our last freeze warning for a while.

Doesn't work that way here in Virginia where we live, still have chances for frost for 3  more weeks, Mid May before we can plant here.

We are at 2300 ft above sea level here.

• Like 4

@Arzeena Thank you for your post.

I am not upset about what that poster wrote on the other thread.

Best to dismiss his thoughts as they indicate a rather unhappy person.

He gave me a label without really addressing the question I had posted. I am not sure why someone would do that. Not something I would choose to do.After reading @h20skibumpost about the volunteer program to feed children, that poster’s posts have definitely been put in perspective. 

I had to chuckle that your DH finds things on the internet that is old news and reports them as something new.

Maybe he is related to my DH! In retrospect, perhaps I should have posted my question on this thread.

There are so many heartfelt people here that post, I do not think I would have found something so negative written here.

I wish you a pleasant evening and thank you for thinking of me!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

@h20skibum Both you and your wife participate in a very worthwhile and necessary program.

Our parish church has a monthly food drive where food is collected after every Mass. Monetary donations are also collected. All proceeds of the drives are given to a local food pantry. Each parish in our area takes a weekend to provide donations to the pantry so there is an almost constant supply of goods and money provided.

Every Christmas, there is a gift drive in our church where presents are collected for children in need as well as gift cards for seniors to use at CVS and our local supermarkets and there are also  payments towards home heating oil deliveries for those who could truly benefit.

My husband and I participate in the drives  throughout the year.

It is a simple thing to do, but it benefits many who need some help.

We also live in an affluent area, but there are people who are stretched to the limit with their financial resources living here.

From a distance, our area looks like an upscale place to live. Scratch a little under the surface and there are people who are struggling.

Thankfully , there are programs and people who support the programs that make it a bit easier for our neighbors.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is 32° this morning, and we have frost.  Hope everyone had their plants covered last night.   I think last night was our last freeze warning for a while.

I, too, hope that was our last frost.  Been chilly this week but hear warm up on its way this weekend.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you.A cousin who I last saw in 2002 spent most of the week with us to celebrate the holiday.

That sounds like you all had a great reunion with your cousin while celebrating your Passover holiday, Lenny!❤️

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Schooner Drinker and I are now rooting for Kenzie.    I still can't believe he/she trusted the group.  Bummer.

I am rooting for nobody .I am rooting for the two soldiers on Amazing Race.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was very unhappy with the results of last nights show.

Lenny, I think the only people who were happy with last night's Tribal result were the contestants who made their decision with their votes.  Lots of unhappy people who watched from our televisions last night.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I believe I read that the new Below Deck season with Captain Sandy and Aisha begins in June🤔

BD season 11 still has 4 charters left, I think, which could possibly be shown in the next two or three weeks🤔 

One of my doctors asked me recently if I watch Below Deck .I replied that I watched one episode several years ago .She said that a cousin of hers was on the show in Season 3.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That sounds like you all had a great reunion with your cousin while celebrating your Passover holiday, Lenny!❤️

Today I contacted two cousins who I last saw close to 30 years ago.

I have no recollection of why we stopped communicating .

One lives in upstate NY and the other in MA.We had wonderfu conversations .They both thanked me for reaching out to them.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Lenny, I think the only people who were happy with last night's Tribal result were the contestants who made their decision with their votes.  Lots of unhappy people who watched from our televisions last night.

I was hoping that the person who left would have played their idol.

You cannot trust anyone on reality shows for cash prizes.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was hoping that the person who left would have played their idol.

You cannot trust anyone on reality shows for cash prizes.

Yes.  BIG mistake not playing the idol.

• Like 4