Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 4/15/2024 at 7:00 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Every now and then I go down a YouTube rabbit hole.  My latest journey involves a musical group called Postmodern Jukebox.  They re-arrange popular songs in completely different and older styles.  The first one that I saw was Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me done in a 1960s early soul style.  That led me to Shania Twain's Man! I Feel Like a Woman! in a 1950s Marilyn Monroe style and Kiss's I Was Made For Lovin' You in a spaghetti western style (with an incredible singer).  They have hundreds (literally) of songs that they've redone in jazz, soul, swing, doo-wop, R&B...you name it.  They've done songs from Fleetwood Mac, Michael Jackson, Lizzo, Spice Girls, Blondie, ELO, The Police, Pearl Jam, Taylor Swift, Huey Lewis, U2, Rihanna...the list goes on and on.  

If you're looking to kill some time watching some very talented musicians, their main YouTube page is here.  Don't say that I didn't warn you. 😁

I never heard of this group before.I listened to some of it last night.It was really good.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yankees-Phillies WS rematch? I'm there!

Mets-Phillies playoff game? I might go if my Mets fans friends treat me. 😉

One of my nephews married a woman from a Philly suburb.He roots for the Rangers ,Mets and Giants.His wife and her family root for the Phillies,Eagles and the Philly hockey team.

I went to many Mets -Philly games in the 60’s in Philly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you,Graham.Have good memories of your mam.

Thank you Lenny.

She was a very kind woman.

It will be 13 years on November 2nd since she died of cancer.

I hope you are well and looking forward to Passover.

Graham.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenny.

She was a very kind woman.

It will be 13 years on November 2nd since she died of cancer.

I hope you are well and looking forward to Passover.

Graham.

Well is something that I will never be again but I am looking forward to Passover .Thank you very much for being the kind person that you are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Well is something that I will never be again but I am looking forward to Passover .Thank you very much for being the kind person that you are.

You are a nice person Lenny.

Best wishes to you and Toby.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

How is the diabetic journey so far?  I thought about it when you posted these sugar free bottles. 

Thanks for asking.........Doing pretty good I think lost about 12 pounds. My Doctor put me on meds. Metformin HCL 500 MG Tablets, twice a day. Been cutting out just about all sugar and carbs. It's amazing how much better I feel.........except for some pants falling off me. lol

I go back for a blood test in late June to see where I'm at compared to last time.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13

Do  however have a cheat night every now and then. Made homemade Pizza the other night on our outside grill.

Heats up to about 550 degrees, cooks the pizza super fast, in just under 5 minutes.

20240419_171120.jpg

20240419_171245.jpg

20240419_171805.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks for asking.........Doing pretty good I think lost about 12 pounds. My Doctor put me on meds. Metformin HCL 500 MG Tablets, twice a day. Been cutting out just about all sugar and carbs. It's amazing how much better I feel.........except for some pants falling off me. lol

I go back for a blood test in late June to see where I'm at compared to last time.

I definitely missed something. I was not aware of this. 

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My A1C numbers on under control since I started taking Metformin 500 twice a day . 
we watched a good action movie the other day The Beekeeper, very similar to the John Wick movies with a good cast. Staring Jason Statham . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I definitely missed something. I was not aware of this. 

A1C was 7.1 in March 2024, started on the Meds in March 2024

was 6.3 in September 2023

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do  however have a cheat night every now and then. Made homemade Pizza the other night on our outside grill.

Heats up to about 550 degrees, cooks the pizza super fast, in just under 5 minutes.

20240419_171120.jpg

20240419_171245.jpg

20240419_171805.jpg

Yummy!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Excellent!  I don't have a1c issues but I definitely need to cut down on carbs.   The problem is I love pasta, potatoes and bread items.   I try to avoid white carbs and eat multi-grain breads.  I have not yet found a pasta I like other than traditional.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This is great news on all fronts. I have some jeans like the ones you have described after losing 20 lbs. sounds like you should have good news in June too.

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Lisa’s DR doesn’t like the words cheat night, as it is a negative connotation. The likes the term reward night as you have been good all week. It’s the term we use in this house. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 days of "nail biting" and emotional roller coaster ended today.

After the last week Iranian attack upon Israel, most of the airlines cancelled, again, their flights.

DS2 was supposed to arrive for the Passover holiday Saturday, the 20th. Rental car with 48 hours free cancellation.

Checking with the airline early Thursday (18th) -- the flight is a "go".

Friday morning "we" retaliate (who thought to attack Iran a couple of days before the Passover, with the risk of returning everyone of us to the shelters again??? no answer from "above").....

In no time at all, DS2's flight was cancelled. The airline agreed to reroute them via Paris. He counts himself lucky... Friends of his, who already checked their bags Friday morning, were rerouted via.... Abu Dhabi, spending the night flying East in order to get West.

BTW, the rental were very understanding and waived the cancellation fee.

Finally, we were reunited with our grands late this afternoon. What a huge relief and joy !!

Mark @h20skibum -- what a beautiful party. Well done, so glad your granddaughter enjoyed every minute of it.

@DaniDanielle -- hopefully Charlie is better and you're taking care of yourself too.

@aussielozzie18 -- aussie, as usual, your pics are stunning. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Finally, we were reunited with our grands late this afternoon. What a huge relief and joy !!

Mark @h20skibum -- what a beautiful party. Well done, so glad your granddaughter enjoyed every minute of it.

Dani, so glad you were able to reunite with your grandkids, during these crazy times.  I hope you have a joyous Passover. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So happy for you. Great to be with the ones you love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

After the last week Iranian attack upon Israel, most of the airlines cancelled, again, their flights.

DS2 was supposed to arrive for the Passover holiday Saturday, the 20th. Rental car with 48 hours free cancellation.

Friday morning "we" retaliate (who thought to attack Iran a couple of days before the Passover, with the risk of returning everyone of us to the shelters again??? no answer from "above").....

In no time at all, DS2's flight was cancelled. The airline agreed to reroute them via Paris. He counts himself lucky... Friends of his, who already checked their bags Friday morning, were rerouted via.... Abu Dhabi, spending the night flying East in order to get West.

@DaniDanielle -- hopefully Charlie is better and you're taking care of yourself too.

@aussielozzie18 -- aussie, as usual, your pics are stunning. Thanks for sharing.

💖 so happy to hear you are all able to spend passover together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Very happy that you will be with your grandchildren.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1