Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Today is not a good day. My wife Maureen passed away this morning.

My heart breaks for you Francis. My deepest sympathy is wished for you. May you have peace with the many loving memories of her that will always remain in your heart.

• Like 8

We have only been on one larger ship cruise and it has been a hot minute.  Starting to think about our Wonder cruise.  What is a good price for unlimited dining approximately?  How does that work exactly because as I have kind of picked up here and there you get the package and can then eat at specialty restaurants every night?  However, what if you want to eat in the MDR at least once and do you have to run around quickly first thing to reserve the restaurants and times that you want or can you do it online beforehand?  Thank you for helping me out with the logistics of big ship cruising.  Soon I will be tackling the entertainment portion but not yet. 

On 6/6/2024 at 5:27 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Where are the teeth located? Is it imperative that they be replaced with implants? Can you go without the teeth? I wanted to get an implant for a first molar that had to come out and my dentist suggested leaving it alone. He said it’s to close to the sinus cavity and there could be problems if he put in an implant. I definitely don’t need any problems with my sinuses as much as I hate not having it.

Upper right .I have a Consultation appointment June 14 with the Dentist who would be doing all the work.I have had several extractions and implants done by him in recent years.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have only been on one larger ship cruise and it has been a hot minute.  Starting to think about our Wonder cruise.  What is a good price for unlimited dining approximately?  How does that work exactly because as I have kind of picked up here and there you get the package and can then eat at specialty restaurants every night?  However, what if you want to eat in the MDR at least once and do you have to run around quickly first thing to reserve the restaurants and times that you want or can you do it online beforehand?  Thank you for helping me out with the logistics of big ship cruising.  Soon I will be tackling the entertainment portion but not yet. 

I take it that you are talking about the Wonder (Bella 2 cruise).

We paid $157 for unlimited dining last summer. Will never see that price again for unlimited. 3 Night Packages keep appearing (and disappearing sales/flash sales and what not) from between $137 and $154. The unlimited pkg is just too high IMHO and you can look out for the Black Friday or July 4  Cruise Planner/Flash Sales.

Dining Pkg restaurant reservations are not bookable online pre cruise (although Royal claims they are working on something, but still the ability to book using a Dining Pkg has not been worked on). So you book as soon as you get on board. You book either via kiosks in the promenade or deck 5 as you enter, or you go to any restaurant and book your times and days from there. Many people rush to board first to secure these times, but we have found that there is plenty availability and even better at times if you go to the restaurant the day of. We are not among the first to rush onboard, and have never been "deprived" of dining times. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. If you are D plus and above, I would factor in the BOGO specialty dining in, while deciding to purchase an unlimited Pkg or the 3 Night dining pkg or not purchase any pkg at all and go with the flow.

Entertainment will probably not show up this early in the cruise planner, not until 60 days prior to sailing, but there have been exceptions. Personally, and this is just me, but I was not too fond of any entertainment on the Wonder, I did like the aqua show but it was deafening. Their other show I did not care about. You have to see it and experience it for yourself. You can book your showtime online or you can go wait in the standby line, or just go 15 minutes before show starts. Now if it is a Broadway show (like Mama Mia on the Allure), I book online, I then go again on other showings15 mts before start and so on. Wonder does not have any Broadway shows. This time I will not be pre booking shows and will just go with whatever I am feeling like doing that night.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Am hoping you have family close by or coming in, to help? So very painful.❤️‍🩹

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm glad that you liked it.  I feel a little guilty because the original Trader Vic Mai Tai doesn't have all of those juices in it, but it sure tastes good.  You've reminded me...time to make up a batch of PPOG juice so that it's ready for quick summertime Mai Tais.

I’m sure you already posted it at some point, but would you mind sharing your ratios for the 

P, P, O and G juices? This would be great (or dangerous) to keep handy in the fridge. 

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I’m so very sorry for your loss.  

@DaniDanielle congratulations on your grandsons achievements!  

@Sea Dog Greg sorry to hear of another health concern with the spots on your head.  I hope that cream does the job, even if unpleasant at first.  Maybe you need to start wearing a bandana - pirate style 🙂!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just got back from my grandson’s graduation. He won general excellence for being the number one graduate!  He was also valedictorian and had everyone in tears when he said he would give up all that he won to have his dad back.  He made us so proud❤️IMG_2351.thumb.jpeg.5f611bad932ca1adfdd2ab61105790d8.jpeg

Congratulations Marietta on your Valedictorian Grandson!!! He has certainly made you and Charlie extremely proud Grandparents.   Your daughter is doing an amazing job raising your grandchildren.   Your Grandson sure is one bright kid!!

17 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Happy 9th Birthday to your Grandson Zachary!  He sure is a cutie!!

My Grandfather was a  Zachary, and one of my nephew's is also a Zachary.

• Thanks 1

@Arzeena, @DaniDanielle, @dani negreanu

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Susan. 

We drove to a Strawberry Festival today, then we will meet our daughter and her family to celebrate, since yesterday was busy with other obligations.  

Nothing like a festival gyro. 

IMG_1277.thumb.jpeg.32ccb92ea38672980656d0805c7b970d.jpeg

One of the favorites at this festival is Amish made donuts.  The line was pretty long. 

IMG_1278.thumb.jpeg.9dce8dec7fb7c6894a1a2d999b217591.jpeg

I would have taken some photos, but the Amish don’t like photos taken. I swear their donuts are about a foot diameter, and they looked fantastic. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

OMG.  I am so very sorry.  May she Rest in Peace🙏

• Like 2