Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have also noticed that we are losing daylight. For me the school district, including its  sports program, start ramping up around the middle of August so that is when my free time becomes much more limited.

I remember you do a lot of work with the HS football team.  How does the team look this year?  If remember right... last year was a pretty successful year.  

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

Well bummer. It looks like our move is going to delayed. On Sunday night we were coming in from the deck and tripped and fell on my right hip. The hip is fine, but I have a small fracture in my pelvis. I spent Monday night in the hospital. I am not ambulatory and have a wheelchair, walker and commode. PT person is supposed to start today. The pain is absolutely excruciating but fortunately it is not displaced. It will eventually heal on its own. Just miserable in the meantime.

Awful!  Hoping you get better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2024 at 12:20 PM, ReneeFLL said:

We went to Costco yesterday for a few things. Mike says he's going to go to the T-Mobil kiosk. Ok, no problem. He is taking forever, so I decide to sit in their furniture. Just as I sit down he texts saying he's getting a new phone. I didn't even know he was looking at phones.

Me - OK I'll be waiting back here.

Mike - Do you want one also.

Me - No, mine is good.

Mike - It has a much better camera.

Me - I'll be right up. 😁

I don't think our phones are very old and the last time we had upgraded we had either the S7 or S8 and we upgraded to the S20 FE, so we usually keep them a while. Now we will be getting the Galaxy S24 Ultra. Turns out Mike's wasn't holding a charge very well so he wanted a new one. I hope the camera is worth me getting a new one since I really don't need one. Costco used to have the phones there, but now we have to wait till they are shipped. At least they will be in before our cruise.

We were at Best Buy yesterday getting DW a new iPad... This was the first time she has gotten a new one.  She usually just ends up with my hand me downs.  I felt a little guilty about that so when she mentioned that hers wasn't charging right I took it as a sign 🙂

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I don’t mind getting the exercise. Quit today after 4 hours. Back is hurting pretty good and I will be sore tomorrow. Knees did well. 1/4 of the pile is gone.

I’d be helping you if I was closer. Just take your time and don’t over exert yourself. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’d be helping you if I was closer. Just take your time and don’t over exert yourself. 

I know you have the equipment that would make it easier. A little too far to drive though. Thanks for thinking of me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

Well bummer. It looks like our move is going to delayed. On Sunday night we were coming in from the deck and tripped and fell on my right hip. The hip is fine, but I have a small fracture in my pelvis. I spent Monday night in the hospital. I am not ambulatory and have a wheelchair, walker and commode. PT person is supposed to start today. The pain is absolutely excruciating but fortunately it is not displaced. It will eventually heal on its own. Just miserable in the meantime.

So sorry to hear about your fracture. I hope it heals quickly for you. I will be thinking of you Patti!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

On Sunday night we were coming in from the deck and tripped and fell on my right hip. The hip is fine, but I have a small fracture in my pelvis.

Sorry to read this.  I hope you heal quickly.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Sorry you’re in such pain. I hope you’re on the mend soon.  

• Thanks 1

Today’s sand sculpture.  

IMG_1809.thumb.jpeg.d3938edfe09d31bc0b76ff8b52fc70c8.jpeg

Didn’t spend much time in the ocean.  There was a shark sighting, so the lifeguards were not letting anyone go in more than ankle deep.  Slides, pool and lazy river kept us all occupied.  

Tonight, we went to captain George’s Seafood.  There were many legs given up for our enjoyment.  Not counting, but I think more than 30 of these made it to our table.  Everyone loved them. 

IMG_1816.thumb.jpeg.ec5c39cd6dc3f65f342d022322c921e2.jpeg

• Like 21

Thank you so much for all the very kind thoughts and well wishes. It does really foul up our moving plans because we are so close. And I can't even get in the car or help with anything. 

I am well stocked on pain medication which dulls it slightly, but mostly puts me to sleep. I can't really tolerate any weight bearing yet, but I am supposed to try. And I was wrong, it wasn't the PT person that came today, it was a home health nurse. PT is coming later in the week. 

I know we don't really remember pain, but I don't recall this much center of my body pain, ever. 

I hope it heals quickly or becomes tolerable soon, too. All your nice comments and thoughts are greatly appreciated. 

• Like 21

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

I am so sorry to read this. For several reasons.  The excruciating pain first & foremost. Plus you have put a lot of time & effort into the move.  I feel so bad for you right now. 

Fingers crossed that your pain relief method of choice work well & you will soon be ambulatory.  🤞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I don’t mind getting the exercise. Quit today after 4 hours. Back is hurting pretty good and I will be sore tomorrow. Knees did well. 1/4 of the pile is gone.

Slow & steady wins the race 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I remember you do a lot of work with the HS football team.  How does the team look this year?  If remember right... last year was a pretty successful year.  

We will see. We graduated a lot of seniors but still have our starting, and very talented, quarterback.

• Like 6

So, lately I've read a few posts about people accidentally booking a cruise.

It must be contagious. 

I am in the process of "accidentally" booking Bella 2.0😀

See y'all Feb 2025. Is there an initiation process? I don't swallow gold fish. Don't like seafood. 😉

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I know a lot of you are sweltering right now but this is our “breaking news”11753A08-2264-4646-86EE-E704960F30E5.jpeg.a1bdc985e0637872b4ad024304a1223b.jpeg

Otherwise known as winter 🙄 (talk about overly dramatic headlines)

I like sweltering.🙂

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

So, lately I've read a few posts about people accidentally booking a cruise.

It must be contagious. 

I am in the process of "accidentally" booking Bella 2.0😀

See y'all Feb 2025. Is there an initiation process? I don't swallow gold fish. Don't like seafood. 😉

Woo hoo, you will learn of initation once on board 😇

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Woo hoo, you will learn of initation once on board 😇

Now I'm worried 😟  Hope I booked refundable. 

Just kidding 😂 

I was going to wait until after my August cruise but anticipation got the better of me. And it's a good thing. 

• Like 7