Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We now have another cruise booked thanks.  NYE 2024 on Symphony.  Two this year and one for March 2024.  Have to say the booking is fun, the paying part not so much. 😀 

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We now have another cruise booked thanks.  NYE 2024 on Symphony.  Two this year and one for March 2024.  Have to say the booking is fun, the paying part not so much. 😀 

March 2025?

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Question for those that fly into MCO for a cruise out of Port Canaveral:

How do you get from the airport to the your hotel near the cruise port?

GO PORT shuttle was recommended to me but I like to have choices. Any other shuttle companies I should check into or avoid? Uber/Lyft? I'd rather not do a one-way rental car.

Thank you in advance. I did scan thru the Florida Homeport forum but I trust you guys more.

Uber or Lyft. $62 approximately.
We drive, but we are 1 hr 30 minutes from the port.

You do not want to be picking up and dropping off rental cars, unless you are staying in Orlando a couple of days and want to get around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Question for those that fly into MCO for a cruise out of Port Canaveral:

How do you get from the airport to the your hotel near the cruise port?

GO PORT shuttle was recommended to me but I like to have choices. Any other shuttle companies I should check into or avoid? Uber/Lyft? I'd rather not do a one-way rental car.

Thank you in advance. I did scan thru the Florida Homeport forum but I trust you guys more.

We cruise with another couple.   We have done Lyft almost every time.   Always worked for us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Uber or Lyft. $62 approximately.
We drive, but we are 1 hr 30 minutes from the port.

You do not want to be picking up and dropping off rental cars, unless you are staying in Orlando a couple of days and want to get around.

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We cruise with another couple.   We have done Lyft almost every time.   Always worked for us. 

Thank you!  I'd gladly pay an extra $30+ more dollars (vs GO PORT) to go directly to my hotel in a more comfortable car than a bus.  And I get 5% cash back on my credit card if I go with Lyft, 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My friends and I have decided to leave aside our country's "troubles" for a few hours and went to our favorite restaurant to catch up and celebrate 3 birthdays.

It was a lovely evening and I'm so glad we made it happen.

Sebastian -- July 14th.jpg

Dani, so good to hear you could take a break and enjoy time with friends.  Here is to hoping you can enjoy many more times like these 

7 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Hello Everyone,

I know it's been quite some time since I've posted.  I think it's been several months and see you've all been very busy chatting away.  

While I won't be able to go back and read the several hundred pages, I hope everyone is doing well, safe and healthy.

We've had a few bumps in the road recently.  Unfortunately, Doug had a health issue a while back and turned out he was bleeding internally.   After a 5-night hospital stay, running several tests and receiving 3 pints of blood, it was determined to be a reaction to some blood thinner medication he was on.  Once the medication was discontinued, he was quickly on the mend.  He did have to take a few rounds of iron infusions to get his blood count back up.   He's totally fine now and back to normal.

Now that things are back to normal, we've been spending quite a bit of time up at our lake house working on our kitchen re-do.  It's almost done. Cabinets, hardware new floor and new appliances.  The final thing is ordering the new countertop.

Now, to start planning our excursions for our next cruise.

Sorry to hear about Doug’s problems. But good that he is on the mend.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I have never heard of a knee board before!  That must be fun!  Great way to spend these oppressively hot days!  Lucky kids!!!!

Kneeboarding, like wakeboarding, is all about learning tricks on the water.   Typically, weekends on the water are choppy, because so many weekend warriors are out on their boats.  I typically like Monday evenings, because there are not many boats out.  

I prefer smooth water for skiing, kneeboarding and wakeboarding. Those with knee problems would probably wince at the pounding your knees get, even on smooth water.

And no, I have never attempted one of these flips.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So we're enjoying the cruise.

Had a lovely 24 hours in Barcelona. At first glance our hotel room (right off Las Ramble) was tiny, but it was perfectly formed with everything we needed, comfy, great air con, and great shower. 

Enjoyed exploring the Gothic area, Barcelona cathedral and yummy Tapas.

There's a few subtle differences on this cruise. No art auctions or art staff that I can see. No pushing of 'specials' .

Hardly any announcements.

No queues for coffee in the CL, or crowds in the Crown Lounge ( seeing as most are diamond or above).

Demographics seem mostly North Americans with Spanish the second largest group I guess.

I've posted on Pats world thread about some of the ports. 

Our first sea day today, just off to the Crown and anchor ️party 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So, it looks like I came close to playing Monopoly🙅‍♀️  I couldn't post or leave a like, etc. and couldn't. figure out what was wrong with my Chromebook.  I could read everyone's posts.🤔🤔🤔

Then, as I got to the bottom of the first page, there it was.....a warning!!!🤨🥺  

Congratulations! Your seapass should now open the door to the ML.... Monopoly Lounge. You will find some very fun people in there as well as a working 24 hr espresso machine.

• Haha 14

13 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I think it’s supposed to be a leaf or flower? But it reminds me of anatomy. 😂

I thought the same thing but decided not to say anything so that I wouldn't risk going the way of the lighthouse cookie.  Reminds me of an episode of Everybody loves Raymond where Marie took an art class and made an interesting sculpture.

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Hmmmm

Which week, which ship??

Just. “WONDERING”

Be safe. 

Freedom, 6 night out of FLL. We have a 2BDR GS and a GS was double last time we looked.  Booking early helps out and usually does. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, my typing fingers got me. 

Between this phone keyboard being too small, my fingers too big, and auto correct thinking it knows better than I as to what I'm trying to say, my posts are loaded with mistakes.

• Like 6

We have never used Uber or Lyft.  We cruise out of Boston in September and will need a ride to the hotel and maybe to the port.  How do those work?  Why not just take a cab?  

On another note my procedure is a week from Thursday and I should be all good by the next Monday.  I have a little trip with a friend in early August so Amelia Island will be later in August.  Then the big trip in September.  I still need to get busy with the cruise planner for February.  

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have never used Uber or Lyft.  We cruise out of Boston in September and will need a ride to the hotel and maybe to the port.  How do those work?  Why not just take a cab?  

On another note my procedure is a week from Thursday and I should be all good by the next Monday.  I have a little trip with a friend in early August so Amelia Island will be later in August.  Then the big trip in September.  I still need to get busy with the cruise planner for February.  

Good luck with your procedure. All will be well.

Have fun on your cruise and Amelia Island trip.

Cab is just fine too. Whatever works. Where are you staying in Boston?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Best of luck with your procedure.  Hope all is back to normal soon.

We have used Uber a few times but not often.  You need to download the app and look around a bit before needing it.  Cabs are fine but not always where you want them and take time to call.  Uber comes to you and usually pretty quickly, so depends on what you need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Good luck with your procedure. All will be well.

Have fun on your cruise and Amelia Island trip.

Cab is just fine too. Whatever works. Where are you staying in Boston?

We are at the Hampton Inn Seaport District

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Depending on where your hotel is located, you could take the Silver Line subway which runs from Logan to South Station (Boston's main train station). From there it is an easy cab ride to most areas in the city. There is also a water taxi  that runs from Logan to the Boston waterfront. Without luggage it is actually an easy walk from South Station or the waterfront to most areas of the city. I would consider walking even with luggage. The morning of your cruise you would need an Uber/Lyft/cab to the Black Falcone cruise terminal. It would not be a good walk even without luggage.

I might be able to help more if you tell me where your hotel is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Best of luck with your procedure.  Hope all is back to normal soon.

We have used Uber a few times but not often.  You need to download the app and look around a bit before needing it.  Cabs are fine but not always where you want them and take time to call.  Uber comes to you and usually pretty quickly, so depends on what you need.

I think we just need transportation to the hotel and then to the airport the last morning.  I think the hotel has a shuttle to the port.  I am going to call them next week to verify.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Depending on where your hotel is located, you could take the Silver Line subway which runs from Logan to South Station (Boston's main train station). From there it is an easy cab ride to most areas in the city. There is also a water taxi  that runs from Logan to the Boston waterfront. Without luggage it is actually an easy walk from South Station or the waterfront to most areas of the city. I would consider walking even with luggage. The morning of your cruise you would need an Uber/Lyft/cab to the Black Falcone cruise terminal. It would not be a good walk even without luggage.

I might be able to help more if you tell me where your hotel is.

The hotel is the Hampton Inn Seaport District.  We will have 3 large suitcases plus carry on.  I am a proud over packer. Lol.  We have a free day before the cruise.  We already walked the freedom trail last cruise to Boston.  We want to walk around this time but not sure exactly where yet.

• Like 3