Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 7/15/2024 at 5:49 PM, George C said:

Wife is a early riser , I wake up on a cruise just with enough time to make it to breakfast.

we much rather use a Uber or Lyft, I don’t care for my wife driving and she doesn’t like mine. Plus we get lost easily I’d we don’t know the area. So if Uber is available we rather pay extra. 

Sounds about like me, but I don’t always make it to breakfast.

On 7/15/2024 at 7:31 PM, NHProud said:

Google Priscilla, Queen of the Rideshare Mafia. 

Interesting read.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have been using Uber for a couple years now, and it is pretty easy.  

There are some things to watch out for, if you are trying to schedule a ride in advance.  I planned on doing that for one of our dinner reservations when we were in Myrtle Beach, and there were no XL’s that came up as available.  Prices looked to be twice as much as we had been paying for rides.   So we ended up waiting till the time we would have reserved, and there were XL’s available at half the price of those pre booked smaller options. 

Then, I was just looking at pre booking a ride next month, to get an idea of costs.  Evidently, my fat fingers inadvertently booked one as I swiped up to close the app.  Had to figure out how to cancel it, because I definitely did not want it.

For me, I will stick to booking when I need it, or will be more careful so that doesn’t happen again. 

I know Uber has a surcharge for booking in advance not sure if Lyft does too.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Greg sir, may I please have your autograph? I'm star struck! 🤩

Bonnie, you're going to get quite a collection of autographs!  HBE4 has already promised you his!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:
On 7/15/2024 at 5:49 PM, George C said:

I wake up on a cruise just with enough time to make it to breakfast.

Sounds about like me, but I don’t always make it to breakfast.

They serve breakfast on a cruise? 😉

• Haha 19

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Congratulations! Your seapass should now open the door to the ML.... Monopoly Lounge. You will find some very fun people in there as well as a working 24 hr espresso machine.

The machine better not break 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well this is expensive being a  extra. Non of my clothes fit as I’ve lost weight. So a trip to Men’s Warehouse and $437 later a sports coat, pants and two shirts. The things we do in motion pictures!🤣😄

New clothes for losing weight are nice!

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

GOOD NEWS!

IMG_4739.jpeg.d112c475d5c0cea75e16317bdd775009.jpeg

I got contacted to be an extra in the new Hallmark Christmas movie shooting here in KC called “Holiday Touchdown, a Chiefs Love Story.” 

IMG_4741.thumb.jpeg.85fed9a6c5cfe675aa7dfe82a1261af9.jpeg

They have been shooting around Independence, MO square. 

Appropriately I will be in a “cocktail party” scene dressed up in a sport coat no tie. My shoot time is tomorrow from 2pm till 2am and I get paid a whopping $140 per day. There is a possibility I could be in more scenes as they asked if I could be available for next week as well. We will see. 

Needless to say I am excited as I know over a thousand people applied. Even if I make the edited cut all you might see is the back of my head but I don’t care. As a life long Christmas freak and Hallmark Christmas movie fan I will be in heaven. I had to sign a NDA so I don’t know how much additional info I can post and I doubt they will let me take any pictures. Hopefully more details later.

This is so exciting! So happy for you!!

• Like 2

Curaçao was beautiful but killer hot today. The temp was “only” 88, but the humidity was so bad. I knew it would be, and we are used to extreme heat in TX, but it was still a struggle. We did the cave and city tour.

Brian and I added a lock to the hearts by the pontoon bridge. ❤️

IMG_7872.thumb.jpeg.0e4c92a087adf1a66e5bbc13c74ab7f7.jpeg

IMG_7854.thumb.jpeg.2f2ff87f0ee74e782872420b0d22476d.jpeg

IMG_7844.thumb.jpeg.5bc5887e51984b547b35207e39746980.jpeg

• Like 25

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Curaçao was beautiful but killer hot today. The temp was “only” 88, but the humidity was so bad. I knew it would be, and we are used to extreme heat in TX, but it was still a struggle. We did the cave and city tour.

Beautiful photos.  Engraving nicely done.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well this is expensive being a  extra. Non of my clothes fit as I’ve lost weight. So a trip to Men’s Warehouse and $437 later a sports coat, pants and two shirts. The things we do in motion pictures!🤣😄

Congratulations Greg on being picked as an extra.  Very exciting for you.  Look forward to your detailing of the experience 🎬

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Keksie said:

Thank you.  The prep sounds the worst and not that bad.  He said it should pulverize the stone into such small pieces I won't even know when it passes.  I hope.  Lol.  I am still not clear on how it just breaks up the stone and not the kidney.

I’ve had this procedure done , also.  I was one of the lucky ones who didn’t experience any pain except the stone was getting larger.  I had to recover some fragments to be analyzed and it was a sodium oxalate stone . I was told to stay away from oxalate rich foods.  The very worst part was the stent . I had had 6 stents previously for another problem.  So uncomfortable until I begged for relief. 

In Boston , we visited the Kennedy presidential library.  We’ve visited 5 presidential libraries so far. I don’t think it is far from the port but not walkable.

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I will look for it the next time I am in Curacao, 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You're doing it wrong Greg.  Now that you're a movie star, you send your personal assistant to handle menial tasks like these.  😜

• Haha 14

6 hours ago, NHProud said:

I’ve had this procedure done , also.  I was one of the lucky ones who didn’t experience any pain except the stone was getting larger.  I had to recover some fragments to be analyzed and it was a sodium oxalate stone . I was told to stay away from oxalate rich foods.  The very worst part was the stent . I had had 6 stents previously for another problem.  So uncomfortable until I begged for relief. 

In Boston , we visited the Kennedy presidential library.  We’ve visited 5 presidential libraries so far. I don’t think it is far from the port but not walkable.

Thankfully my Dr. thinks lithotripsy (sp) will do the trick.  It was only caught because of the imaging done when I had the small stone pass.  That one hurt.   I will think about the library as a possibility.  Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Thankfully my Dr. thinks lithotripsy (sp) will do the trick.  It was only caught because of the imaging done when I had the small stone pass.  That one hurt.   I will think about the library as a possibility.  Thank you.

You’ll be fine . They put you out so you don’t feel anything.  And , before OB corrects me it was a calcium oxalate stone .  It was painless passing the tiny blasted fragments. I’ve been drinking “ lemonade “ daily since and no recurrence.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, NHProud said:

You’ll be fine . They put you out so you don’t feel anything.  And , before OB corrects me it was a calcium oxalate stone .  It was painless passing the tiny blasted fragments. I’ve been drinking “ lemonade “ daily since and no recurrence.  

I wasn't going to correct you even though I've never heard of a sodium oxalate stone. I figured you know your medical history better than I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NHProud said:

We have friends that visited every presidential library except for Truman's. Quite an undertaking since they're located all over the country.  

On another note @Keksie best wishes for a successful procedure.  I had it done with no problems.  The pain before the procedure was the worst.  I was totally put out so the procedure was painless. It was wonderful waking up pain free.

• Like 4