Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We also booked our precruise dinner for our Symphony sailing from Cape Liberty. We are headed to Brooklyn, specifically Peter Lugers to meet with cruise friends. 

I've heard great things about Peter Lugers.  Also heard they do not accept credit cards.  Cash is King😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I've great things about Peter Lugers.  Also heard they do not accept credit cards.  Cash is King😁

You are correct.  Right from their website ⬇️

IMG_3751.thumb.jpeg.bcc7a29b106fc79b365061ad374eef2c.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They checked her for pneumonia.  She didn't have it.  She has been to the emergency room and urgent care many times over the last several months.   Last month she was diagnosed with RSV.  They are saying her lungs are still weak from it.  They let her go home a little after noon today. 

They want her to blow bubbles and on pinwheels to strengthen the lungs.  She will be seeing a Pulmonologest.

Poor Finnley!  How old is Finnley now?  I hope it doesn't take too long for her lungs to get stronger from blowing bubbles and pinwheels.❤️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They checked her for pneumonia.  She didn't have it.  She has been to the emergency room and urgent care many times over the last several months.   Last month she was diagnosed with RSV.  They are saying her lungs are still weak from it.  They let her go home a little after noon today. 

They want her to blow bubbles and on pinwheels to strengthen the lungs.  She will be seeing a Pulmonologest.

Prayers being sent for your sweet granddaughter.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Ok we have one cat name Siam other is still up for discussion I am leaning towards Loki , Shelagh doesn’t seem to want human names like Josh and Allen . Any other ideas ??

50 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Maybe Siam and Thai?

I also vote for Thai

• Like 4

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

the tornadoes mainly “take out” non developed actors and a few that deserved it. 

Yeah..just like the old Star Trek episodes, where there were always a few actors (that you never saw before) and somehow just knew they were written into the script merely to 'buy it' at some point!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Freedom was our first Royal Caribbean ship!

Our first was Sovereign, loved that ship we later got engaged on Sovereign, funny was Norway was the biggest cruise ship before Sovereign then Norway added a deck so it was bigger than Sovereign, our honeymoon was on Norway on the brand new deck in a mini suite 33 years ago.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, George C said:

Our first was Sovereign, loved that ship we later got engaged on Sovereign, funny was Norway was the biggest cruise ship before Sovereign then Norway added a deck so it was bigger than Sovereign, our honeymoon was on Norway on the brand new deck in a mini suite 33 years ago.

Our first ship was also Sovereign and I hated it!  We had an ocean view cabin that was minuscule. Have never stayed in an OV since, felt way too claustrophobic with no way to get air. We didn’t cruise for years after that but then decided to try one more time in a balcony cabin and haven’t looked back. 

• Like 8

Our first Royal cruise was Majesty in an OV with 4 of us.  Tiny doesn't even cover it.  It was also our kids first cruise, we had done a few Carnival before that, and they loved it.  From then on it was the families preferred vacation.  Kids were happy we were happy.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Our first ship was also Sovereign and I hated it!  We had an ocean view cabin that was minuscule. Have never stayed in an OV since, felt way too claustrophobic with no way to get air. We didn’t cruise for years after that but then decided to try one more time in a balcony cabin and haven’t looked back. 

Our first couple of sovereign cruises were tiny inside cabins but still loved the ship fantastic entertainment , now smallest thing we book on rccl is a grand suite. Ship was totally unique in 1980’s when it first sailed. 

• Like 2

Our first Royal Caribbean ship was Empress of the Seas back in 1996.  We cruised with a group of friends and no kids, so the OV room was fine for just the two of us.  

I hope all the sick little ones are on the mend.  

It seems like our friend Daryl and his family are enjoying their time on Utopia 🙂

• Like 8

1 minute ago, George C said:

Our first couple of sovereign cruises were tiny inside cabins but still loved the ship fantastic entertainment , now smallest thing we book on rccl is a grand suite. Ship was totally unique in 1980’s when it first sailed. 

It didn't help that my Sovereign cruise sailed through a nor'easter, Coco Cay was cancelled, only show not cancelled was a comedian as the ship was rocking badly and it was too dangerous for the singers and dancers. Dining room was really empty because so many were seasick.  Our assistant waiter was having a really hard time because of the seas and our waiter was awful to her because she was so slow.

Plus, to start the weekend off, I was flying BOS to ATL to MLB since I was getting picked up by my Mom who lived just south of Melbourne.  ATL was getting really bad thunderstorms and the plane that landed before mine went off the runway.  We had to go around at the very last second and circled for an hour before they reopened the airport.  Instead of getting into MLB at 9pmish, we came in around 2am after a long delay in ATL.

That whole vacation was doomed. 😵

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our first Royal ship was Liberty of the Seas, hence my screen name.

I always  wondered about that. I would have figured your screen name should be BillsBob.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Our first Royal Caribbean ship was Empress of the Seas back in 1996.  We cruised with a group of friends and no kids, so the OV room was fine for just the two of us.  

I hope all the sick little ones are on the mend.  

It seems like our friend Daryl and his family are enjoying their time on Utopia 🙂

On our very first cruise, Celebrity Horizon NYC to Bermuda, Empress was docked in Hamilton with us. The Pacific Princess, Love Boat, was out at the Dockyard.

• Like 3