Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

It's official, we will be spending Thanksgiving in Cape Coral, FL.   Just booked our flights leaving Tuesday and return home Sunday night.

Still feel like we're crazy to fly that week so we booked first class with American on a non stop flight.  Hopefully that helps make travel nicer on a holiday week.  

• Like 17

49 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I love seeing the pictures of these two cuties.  Happy 4th Birthday, Kenzie!🎈🎈🎈🎈

Happy 2nd Birthday to Finnley!🎈🎈

How are you doing, John?❤️

I will know just how I am doing in a couple weeks when we drive to Orlando to cruise on Utopia.  It will be a challenge. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

It has been hard on him since his fall in February.  He seems to be getting a bit better each day though.  Thanks

Wish Charlie continued improvement from me!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

7 days.  I don’t think Icon does 8.

They are all excited.

Now comes the hard part of finding excursions.  Some, you must be at least 11, and granddaughter will only be 10.  Several have a max age of 70, so that would not work for me.  Thing is, these are snorkeling or kayaking, and we all do that a lot. 

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe check out private excursions.  I don't think they have as many restrictions.

Don’t know what your ports are but can’t be too “out there” on Icon, private definitely sounds the way to go. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I will know just how I am doing in a couple weeks when we drive to Orlando to cruise on Utopia.  It will be a challenge. 

We're all rooting for you and Sharon to have a great trip to Orlando, and to then enjoy an awesome cruise on Utopia, John!🙏

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's official, we will be spending Thanksgiving in Cape Coral, FL.   Just booked our flights leaving Tuesday and return home Sunday night.

Still feel like we're crazy to fly that week so we booked first class with American on a non stop flight.  Hopefully that helps make travel nicer on a holiday week.  

We’re flying into Miami the day after Thanksgiving from LAX. I hope that isn’t a mistake we board Icon the next day.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a Netflix series to recommend:The Perfect Couple. A great cast headed by Nicole Kidman and Liev Schreiber.

It is one season ,6 episodes and no guesses if there will be another season.

We just saw that!
Actually binged it in two sessions. Very nice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We’re flying into Miami the day after Thanksgiving from LAX. I hope that isn’t a mistake we board Icon the next day.

We are also flying to Florida that weekend , flights are super expensive about 2k each for first class. Stuck with a late flight coming from so used dayuse.com to book a hotel for the day rather than spending 8 hours in airport. We are cruising on MSc seaside in yacht club.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, George C said:

We are also flying to Florida that weekend , flights are super expensive about 2k each for first class. Stuck with a late flight coming from so used dayuse.com to book a hotel for the day rather than spending 8 hours in airport. We are cruising on MSc seaside in yacht club.

We are flying down to New Orleans for a cruise on Brilliance Thanksgiving week.  Going down will probably not be too bad, but coming home on Sunday will probably stink.  Oh well!

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Plan accordingly! Years ago , we flew into LAX the day before Thanksgiving and it took us hours to get to Santa Clarita (~30 miles ) on the I-5 . I’m thinking 5 hours but that seems outrageous. Anyway , we thought we’d be smart and get off and take city streets however we weren’t the only ones who had the same idea.  LA traffic can be a disaster . Greg , @Sea Dog,  I don’t think Huntington Beach to San Pedro will be a problem in October. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Do you plan to do a Live, Dave?  Would be interested in your take on Icon.  We will have another one of those “different” experiences, since we will have young kids along.

I need to start researching hotels in Miami.  I think the only time we sailed from there, we either flew in the day of the cruise (many, many, many years ago), or drove and parked at the port.

If anyone has a good recommendation, I would like to hear it.

4 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Plan accordingly! Years ago , we flew into LAX the day before Thanksgiving and it took us hours to get to Santa Clarita (~30 miles ) on the I-5 . I’m thinking 5 hours but that seems outrageous. Anyway , we thought we’d be smart and get off and take city streets however we weren’t the only ones who had the same idea.  LA traffic can be a disaster . Greg , @Sea Dog,  I don’t think Huntington Beach to San Pedro will be a problem in October. 

I could be wrong but wouldn't the traffic be a little lighter on Black Friday?  

Anyone else get a survey request from Royal Caribbean?  It says, in part……..

We are inviting a select group of guests to participate in a survey regarding cruising and vacations. We are always striving to improve our products and services and your participation in this survey will help us to enhance experiences with Royal Caribbean Group brands (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea). 

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Do you plan to do a Live, Dave?  Would be interested in your take on Icon.  We will have another one of those “different” experiences, since we will have young kids along.

I need to start researching hotels in Miami.  I think the only time we sailed from there, we either flew in the day of the cruise (many, many, many years ago), or drove and parked at the port.

If anyone has a good recommendation, I would like to hear it.

Yes, I'll probably do a live for that one...  Icon is likely to be such a different experience that it'll be fun to do live. We're doing Icon and then getting on Oasis the day after we get off Icon, so it's  sort of a S2S with a 1 day break in-between. Chronicling all that should be a good time.  

• Like 8

We keep bird feeders filled with sunflower seed. Invariably some seed drops to the ground and sprouts, and we get a few sunflower plants. Earlier this summer, some sort of critter apparently tried to climb one of these sunflowers, bending and snapping it such that it laid on the deck. I thought it would die. Instead, that thing grew and grew and grew like the Incredible Hulk. The initial stalk is the diameter of a baseball bat, and there are easily 100 flowers and buds on it. It has taken over the deck. Mother Nature is amazing. Here’s a picture of that one plant.

20240911_095010.thumb.jpg.94342d1c2f47e88ac70b7b4b96c6de95.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We just saw that!
Actually binged it in two sessions. Very nice.

Did you guess the identity of the murderer ? I did not.I told a friend of mine that it is usually the least likely person.

I saw an interview with Liev Schreiber.He said that learning the dance was mandatory .Some cast members objected initially but they all enjoyed it.

• Like 1