Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

in a change of subject...I just downloaded all of Nate’s greek travel videos from his phone...feeling nostalgic48A67871-4E22-41F4-A9A4-62990BCA27AD.thumb.jpeg.b45aa09efcfcfa247db5cbbb236a4d5c.jpeg

One of my best memories is being on the Acropolis with my daughter. There was an enormous crowd, but magically, a bench opened up, and were able to sit, let the crowd get filtered out, and focus on the buildings and the ancientness of the site.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

Did you or anybody see Stanley Tucci special on Italy I think it was 10 episodes on cnn  each one was a different area of Italy featuring all the great food on first episode he went to a pizza place where the margarita pizza was first made in Naples , we went there 20 years ago by far my favorite pizza I ever had . Have only been to Italy twice but would love to return, my last European cruise had 5 stops in Italy but unfortunately Naples was not one. I heard Sophia Lauren speak about 5 years ago and we were able to ask her a question and we asked what her favorite food was and she responded I am from Naples so of course it’s pizza.

For some reasons I can't envision Stanley Tucci without seeing him in that weird dress and hairdo on Hunger Games.  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Snapper conch and shrimp cerviche in Key Largo.  Finally made it back to the Keys

IMG_20210503_120657534.jpg

Yaaaaahh!! 👍  🤗  So happy you finally made it down there again!

Is that Key West Pinks?   Yummmsss...best shrimp in the world...IMHO!  

Love, love the shrimp sandwiches at Burdines in Marathon.  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This sounds exactly like someone I’m married to.  I would’ve given up much sooner & headed directly to happy hour,  but patience is not one of my strong suits.  DH on the other hand seems to take things like this as some sort of challenge. Hope you get it worked out. 

Bucky enjoys doing electric work, drywall, (sort of on painting), especially any kind of wood work.  Ask him how he feels about plumbing (even though he does it) and he pales.  Hates plumbing work!!  

Enjoyed the "Garden experience" private wine tasting at Mazzocco winery yesterday.  Used to represent them as a distributor over 20 years ago.  Original owners sold the place, but still very good deep rich Red Zinfandels.  🍷

Pretty roses all over Sonoma county...they had a large variety of roses there as well.  Always all around the vineyards for "early warning" of pests and molds.  And really adds to the lovely smell and beauty!

20210503_150725.jpg

20210503_150736.jpg

20210503_155718.jpg

• Like 14

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Nuff said

1023236412_Screenshot_20210504-112509_OneUIHome.jpg.9515808a46d401c4261947fa6b16be21.jpg

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Enjoyed the "Garden experience" private wine tasting at Mazzocco winery yesterday.  Used to represent them as a distributor over 20 years ago.  Original owners sold the place, but still very good deep rich Red Zinfandels.  🍷

Pretty roses all over Sonoma county...they had a large variety of roses there as well.  Always all around the vineyards for "early warning" of pests and molds.  And really adds to the lovely smell and beauty!

20210503_150725.jpg

Shorts and flip flops for Bucky…sigh. Here’s what’s outside my window right now

17048A5D-F344-40C8-A4C1-3593BF3C7BE0.thumb.png.bc082d0b6fabc734f16836f9f9d8334e.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We attended a Boston Pops concert conducted by Arthur Fiedler at Van Cortlandt Park in The Bronx. The fireworks and boom when they played the 1812 Overture was something I will never forget. 

We used to go to the Boston Pops concert on The Esplanade in Boston on the 4th of July every year growing up.  The concert for the bicentennial in 1976 was magnificent!  1812 Overture is my favorite.  The concerts have become too much of a TV event now and are just not the same.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

As a nod to our northern friends, I was also a very big Gordon Lightfoot fan back in the day. Time has not been too kind to him thought.

For my money, the greatest Canadian rock and roll band is Rush. I'm sure some might like to say The Tragically Hip but I think you have an uphill climb selling that,. The most commercially successful is Bryan Adams.  He is an icon in Van... Originally from Ottawa he spent his high school years in Vancouver. Just about everyone I know born between 58--60 in Vancouver claims to somehow know Bryan "really well". LOL  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yaaaaahh!! 👍  🤗  So happy you finally made it down there again!

Is that Key West Pinks?   Yummmsss...best shrimp in the world...IMHO!  

Love, love the shrimp sandwiches at Burdines in Marathon.  

Burdines 😱🤣🤣

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

For my money, the greatest Canadian rock and roll band is Rush. I'm sure some might like to say The Tragically Hip but I think you have an uphill climb selling that,. The most commercially successful is Bryan Adams.  He is an icon in Van... Originally from Ottawa he spent his high school years in Vancouver. Just about everyone I know born between 58--60 in Vancouver claims to somehow know Bryan "really well". LOL  

Nickleback 🇨🇦

And don't forget Andrew's neighbor😉

Justin B

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Nickleback 🇨🇦

And don't forget Andrew's neighbor😉

Justin B

Nickelback is one of those groups that you either absolutely love or absolutely hate.  They'll never be a Rush, Guess Who, or a Bryan Adam.

Most Canadian have disowned Beib's.  He's an American citizen and we all took a vote and decided you can claim him.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Nickelback is one of those groups that you either absolutely love or absolutely hate.  They'll never be a Rush, Guess Who, or a Bryan Adam.

Most Canadian have disowned Beib's.  He's an American citizen and we all took a vote and decided you can claim him.  🙂 

Alanis Morissette 

Neil Young

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Shania Twain

Celine Dion

I thought we were talking rock and roll. 🙂 If were expanding the discussion to any musical talent then Michael Buble has to be at near the top of the list.

• Haha 1

I must be the only one who truly misses one of the best musicians in my lifetime. 

Harry Chapin died way to young. 

Loved his style. 

Saw him in concert a couple times in one year. 
Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Akron, and waited at Stambaugh auditorium in Youngstown during a snow storm where he arrived 2 hours late. Then played his heart out to Almost 1am. A few weeks later I was on vacation in Boulder Colorado and attended his concert there. He brought up the snow event. Our group cheered. The next thing you know I was on stage with my legend. Talk about a memory being made. 

Miss him.   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Speaking of Gloria Estefan, years ago the ice show on Explorer of the Sea had her song "Reach" as part of it toward the end. I still remember it all these years later being so up lifting.

It's a wonderful motivational message.