Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, pcur said:

It's 5 minutes to make:

Applesauce Cakebread:  great with breakfast or for a snack

Thanks so much for that! It's been a zillion years since I had any. There was a plum cake that I always thought was similar (used plum baby food actually) that a friend from England always made. On man, now I really want some (but CA is quite a drive so I had better get on with it). Thanks again!

Was raining here in "the Swamp" yesterday all day as well.  Glass of wine and a good  movie....Shrimp/Brocolli/Mushroom Alfredo pasta for dinner.  Loving watching our lawn and landscaping get a very much needed long drink of water!  

My 100% Kona coffee from Hawaii I ordered from Amazon should be here on Thursday.  Had to cancel our trip to go the big Island and Maui...so sending the coffee to us here instead .  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

One of my favs, enjoy !

Thanks!  It was yummy...and have enough for leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  😋

Today's "routine" was our once a week foraging trip to Publix for much needed perishables (ultimate fashion statement blue disposable gloves worn). 

Also a stop at the wine store (most necessary! 😉) plus some fuel...finally down to 2 bucks a gallon (no one going anywhere I guess and will probably take me into 2021 with that full tank 🚗). 

Treated ourselves to take out lunch from our favorite Mexican restaurant....brought out to the car like one of those old car hop places from the 50s (but the waiter had a hazmat suit on! 😮 ).  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Some stations in Minneapolis have gas at less than a buck a gallon.

Nice!!   Now that we want to travel somewhere...and fuel is cheap...we can't go anywhere!!  😮   ............🚗

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

My new early week routine is to go to the grocery store once.  Today, I decided to go to Costco, as I needed beef, chicken, and catfish.  Costco is the only place I've ever found good catfish reasonably priced.

Got there 1.5 hours before opening with Mr. Pcur's portable stool, figuring I would sit next to my cart and read.

They were open!  They had TP!!  They had paper towels!! They had EVERYTHING!!  There were about 20 other people in the store.  

I have to tell you that just standing there looking a the normal amount of TP in that store, actually cheered me up!! 

After all this isolation, aren't we easy to please now??😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My wife and I are still trying to support local restaurants by ordering as much take out and stuff as we can.

Needless to say, we basically have leftovers for dinner every night.

Not a bad problem.

I just feel bad for my 2.5 year old daughter. We both work and we have to keep her entertained while not just sticking in front of a TV the whole day.

• Like 1

Today was the first day in a while where we actually did something outdoors other than walk the dog.. We live in Western Nassau County, New York and took a ride out to the Hamptons where we looked at all the beautiful homes and found access to the beach which was empty... On the way back stopped at a curbside pickup restaurant and brought lobster rolls home. Took our mind off of what's going on in the world for a little while.. a good day, never to be taken for granted again...

Edited by edgekid
  • Like 4

Just found out Philippine Airlines cancelled all international flights until May 1, 2020, and all flights to New York cancelled until June 1, 2020.  Philippine Airlines says I have a credit I can use the next 12 months, refuse to give a refund.  Ordered through CheapoAir, they are completely useless, never using them again.  Looks like we will have to fly on Korean Air to Seoul, 5 hour layover and plane change and then 14 hours to JFK for $850 per ticket.  Just another day here in Luzon Lockdown. We find out on Easter if the lockdown will be extended.  Something to look forward to.

• Like 1

We continue stay at home until April 29th, but, I a, sure it will be longer.  On a good note, I made a chicken recipe I haven’t made in years and everyone loved it!  My granddaughter, who lives with us, wanted to know why I never made it before.  So, it has been over 11 years since that is her age.  Now I need to go over all my old recipes and see what we shall make next(She helps me cook).😀

• Like 3

Did a bunch of outside work on the farm the last few days. Swept the laneways.  It’s a bit dusty but better than sweeping.  

The barn across the toad is where it get the fresh eggs. 

5D309E49-C36F-4595-8FFC-E1F7FCE09590.thumb.jpeg.3189c32ef96a373bb34d614e9a11ad3e.jpeg

Also swept the lawns where our large blower put rocks on the lawn.  It’s way easier than raking.  Not every drive is paved.  Now, if I only knew who put them there. 🤦‍♂️  

Sharon’s garden is going to be working hard this summer. 

3A40C28F-2BC6-4410-A7DA-463B473AC321.thumb.jpeg.e09bd4629ab9d07abe144d7964f5475c.jpeg

Also put the flag out at our place now that winter is over. 

3C6B39B3-D5EF-42DF-8AC8-51B044BE00B6.thumb.jpeg.f9f53881a5242b61195aed41e4af89f2.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The barn across the toad is where it get the fresh eggs. 

Also put the flag out at our place now that winter is over. 

3C6B39B3-D5EF-42DF-8AC8-51B044BE00B6.thumb.jpeg.f9f53881a5242b61195aed41e4af89f2.jpeg

Why did the chicken cross the 'toad'😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Going on 6 weeks at home now...AGHHHHH!!! We both can work remotely, so not a whole lot of change. I prefer going into the office since I manage a team, but so far everything has been great. I normally travel for work quite a bit, and that has been an adjustment. Started sewing masks yesterday, trying to play the piano everyday, getting 5-6 Peloton rides in a week and other workouts, walking the dogs, hiking, etc. LOTS of wine...speaking of which.... 

We had a cruise booked the first week of May with my entire family (they live in FL) for my 30th bday, my Dad's bday, and my younger brother graduating from Embry Riddle. Not gonna lie, SUPER bummed out. But what can we do? Other than try to stay positive and have a good attitude. 

Currently sitting on our balcony pretending to be on a cruise....sigh 

15862266804407015399784189871101.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Some stations in Minneapolis have gas at less than a buck a gallon.

Not that low yet in Florida.  Wonder how long these lower gas prices will last.

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My Big Green Egg will be back in business by end of next month. 😉

BBQ working well here.  Moved it from its winter home from the garage to being plumbed back onto the house line. Another boring task this week, cleaned it. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Snow was last month.  Beautiful days up here, almost shorts weather for Canadians.  

Really,  I think I've seen March snow in Atlanta. I know I have in Virginia