Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think we need a dedicated Lucy/Bella thread.  Another good diversion.

I would put in a vote for that!!  Would love to contribute also, but just don't have the heart to do so with what pictures I still have.  Lost my beautiful fur faced sweet girl almost a year ago...still hurts.  Find myself looking at cat videos.  This is a good one that kind of depicts how our daily routines are going right now.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lucy disappears every once in a while, usually to the neighbours.  Occasionally she slips into the big barn here when we aren’t looking. After we remove hay from the big barn, if she is missing hours later, it means she has snuck in past us. Well, guess who I found locked in the barn. 

6CCAC59D-FEB5-4FE3-8C36-2D23CBC9FD16.thumb.jpeg.f29ad9a4782057db6a09f5cdeb648887.jpeg

67730024-50AF-458C-834A-7C997AC631B8.thumb.jpeg.d8f163ed8283178fc6a57b0c37974e9c.jpeg

She takes a deliberate path. 

• Like 6

Watched 📷 a rocket launch 🚀 from the beach today 🏖️

IMG_7130.thumb.JPG.5910aa6cce072d894a278eeb270dc7b3.JPG

IMG_7118.thumb.JPG.ad7b95843a758cae7bee6f5eb6d2067f.JPG

IMG_7114.thumb.JPG.836b0bfe1648c63d9df87391b9d811bd.JPG

I should have been packing for a B2B Liberty on the 26th😥

Our flights to Houston were Friday morning

All I can do now is watch the ghost fleet from our balcony

IMG_7046.thumb.JPG.c98c74084f7c2b16dfc2bcbd353775cd.JPG

IMG_7045.thumb.JPG.3c53c1596190ae05554e9cc186d47f4e.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy disappears every once in a while, usually to the neighbours.  

My favorite cat 😍(as well as Bella is my fav dog) 😍

Is there a reason she's not living under your "roof", only in the barn? I can imagine Lucy beeing a "free spirit", though....

• Like 1

I love staying at home. I have a personal office at home where I spend most of time, the only problem is my kids lol. When they are at home with my wife 24/7 its hard to concentrate on something else but them. I enjoy the time we spend together no matter what but I wish everyone had something of enjoyment themselves. And the TV occupied by my wife and kids like 24/7.. have to use my PC as a TV 😁

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Is there a reason she's not living under your "roof", only in the barn? I can imagine Lucy beeing a "free spirit", though....

You must not have a cat. 😁  They do whatever they want to do, unless they need food.  One of the things written on the wall of our Veterinarian's office..."Dogs come when they are called.  Cats take a message and get back to you later".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I believe that Andrew has said in posts about their cruises that Lucy is a “working” farm cat and lives outside and in a barn. Judging from other pictures he has posted, she is well cared for and loved.

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

I believe that Andrew has said in posts about their cruises that Lucy is a “working” farm cat and lives outside and in a barn. Judging from other pictures he has posted, she is well cared for and loved.

Thanks for clarifying 👍

Even for a nanosecond my question to Andrew wasn't meant to imply that Lucy isn't well taken care for and loved. You just have to look at the pic to see what luscious fur she has, and that she is in excellent shape and mood.

It's just that I'm a "big city" gal, and I've only known 2 "models" of cats -- house cats, who don't leave their "abode", and stray cats.

Lucy seems to me a "'in-betwen model" 😍😍

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, dani negreanu said:

Third week in lockdown.

So, instead of a port day in Zeebruge (on board of the brand new Celebrity Apex), I've cleaned the fridge....😁

Since we're "at risk", we didn't leave our appartment for groceries shopping -- young and gracious neighbors on the same floor are shopping for us once a week.

Kids/grandkids (in different cities) -- "Zooming" with them once a day.

Hopes that the lockdown will ease after Passover/Easter.

Fridge.jpg

I have Parkinson’s Disease and 8 other illnesses. My activity consists of going from my upstairs via my stairlift to downstairs.I am in my house 99% of the day.

My wife is an RN and helps me get by day to day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Nor a dog.

Living in a flat, we thought it wouldn't be fair to leave them alone for hours at the end.

Bella hasn't regularly been left alone for extended time periods, but our other Westie was home alone for around 7 hours on a regular basis 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mugtech said:

...........somebody spoke and I went into a dream.

cant imagine, not one bit, what you are going thru, at least you are healthy and appear to have the financial means to get thru this, godspeed 

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, dani negreanu said:

Third week in lockdown.

So, instead of a port day in Zeebruge (on board of the brand new Celebrity Apex), I've cleaned the fridge....😁

Since we're "at risk", we didn't leave our appartment for groceries shopping -- young and gracious neighbors on the same floor are shopping for us once a week.

Kids/grandkids (in different cities) -- "Zooming" with them once a day.

Hopes that the lockdown will ease after Passover/Easter.

Fridge.jpg

The white bowl with blue trim on your top shelf- my mom had these same bowls when I was growing up (in Kentucky!) I think they were made by Corelle?

We have been living the dream here. Pool opening tomorrow, so in honor of that I present the weather. 

Yesterday. 

43B3A7D9-94CB-4E29-937A-FD127CE41ACA.thumb.jpeg.5eaae10564c41be194fd8a7c87625108.jpeg

I noticed this today on the way for essentials shopping. I like my ice in a blender. 

F4CD4E7F-C8AB-49B8-88D0-6D70098AD899.thumb.jpeg.363acbdecf655672d34214195d3f35f1.jpeg

Canadian essentials. What LCBO stand for you ask, Liquor Control Board Ontario. 

DA692628-2A8E-44BC-B9AE-DA644D30BADA.thumb.jpeg.40a8eeca524990c7b40946a4311ba008.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now, for those asking about Lucy... she is a free spirit.  Well cared for, and well travelled. 

The red circle is her daily travel area. The white circle is where she was born and the yellow circle is our place. It’s around a mile from edge to edge. Sometimes she is gone overnight and others times a few days.  Longest road trip was 3 weeks, a few years ago.

She has her heated water bowl and bed of shavings here but she likes the neighbours heated shop, where she was born, in the dead of winter. Can’t fault her. 

994EE6EE-A237-4DFC-B235-8CBF29D937E3.thumb.jpeg.358404afe322395709dfb0247e1840e5.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, davekathy said:

🎵 Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up I noticed I was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Made my way upstairs and had a smoke
And everybody spoke and I went into a dream...

Never mind, that's not my life, that's "A Day In The Life" by the Beatles. I did go on my daily 7 mile walk despite it being 35 degrees. I also played my drums for awhile. Sounds like yesterday and tomorrow! 

Dave,great that you can do a 7 mile walk. When I was healthy I could walk 15 miles.Now I cannot walk 15 feet on my own.

One set of neighbours live in a restored one room school house, built in the 1900s. Ironically two teachers live there with their young son. They have been painting rocks and placing them among the neighbourhood, during the pandemic. These are a few along our farm ditches. 

8DAA28F7-56BD-4D17-A0D7-384F3645A0CA.thumb.jpeg.5960cd7d1f26e640d9e649d3ecae1e9d.jpeg

6B66CA24-5182-4DC0-BCD8-0D4B96E57EF5.thumb.jpeg.799d268ce065088565f534b9c348d454.jpeg

These are balloons, minds out of the gutter. LOL

E1314690-CAD3-4834-B385-AE3252E85B84.thumb.jpeg.ac766f7eb76f00c2f94d1eccd243c349.jpeg

• Haha 1