Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

I've become a Door Dash addict.  My stomach is loving it but not my wallet.  Doing my best to support the vodka industry as well 😁

Be a good American and support local industry, drink moonshine.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Passover Eve traditional meal (gefilte fish/stuffed fish) in total curfew.

DH specialty 😁

I remember going Gefilte fishing as a boy with my father. Nothing quite like reeling in a 15 lb Gefilte. 

• Like 1

Just now, krewzin said:

I remember going Gefilte fishing as a boy with my father. Nothing quite like reeling in a 15 lb Gefilte. 

I'll bet it was much tastier that the "tired looking fish", which are brought out for Passover & Rosh Hashana.

I Imagine a 15lb one would ensure copious portions for all the family, though Sephards don't care about it....

Chops was delicious tonight.  We all had the 10oz NY Strip, with the baked potatoes and corn. Bar service was a little slow but my glass was never empty. 

83E957A0-1634-443F-B45B-728C139029D9.thumb.jpeg.103c792978c688b3db6801910ee20b72.jpeg

The staff was fairly relaxed in bringing out dessert. We were offered the new limited edition Easter Cupcakes, in a very unique serving tray. I turned it into a three bite cupcake.  I envision @Yorkvillain making it in two bites.  

I feel for those who have to clean up later, but I left a good tip for Lisa and her assistant Owen. 

5DE126C0-C656-42F7-BBE1-AA5A7F30DE50.thumb.jpeg.8ef5a5c7343a44b6ecb605d52670ff1c.jpeg

• Like 8

Made a vodka run today, first time out in two weeks repleat with gloves mask and had my change placed in the bag, I'm good to go for a few weeks.  Longing for the good old days where we could get wasted in the Diamond Club.

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Chops was delicious tonight.  We all had the 10oz NY Strip, with the baked potatoes and corn.

Looks indeed delicious, much better than ours.

Due to the extreme circumstances, me thinks that a generous tip was well deserved by the A-team -- Lisa & Owen 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Luzon Lockdown continuing into May, cannot fly on 4/21/20 Manila to JFK as planned.  The good news is I booked the previously cancelled flight by Philippine Airlines for 6/9/20 for a $200 flight change fee even though they cancelled the flight.  7 more weeks in the Philippines meant we went out and bought a 2 kg jar of peanut butter, 70 oz should last a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 3:41 PM, dani negreanu said:

Third week in lockdown.

So, instead of a port day in Zeebruge (on board of the brand new Celebrity Apex), I've cleaned the fridge....😁

Since we're "at risk", we didn't leave our appartment for groceries shopping -- young and gracious neighbors on the same floor are shopping for us once a week.

Kids/grandkids (in different cities) -- "Zooming" with them once a day.

Hopes that the lockdown will ease after Passover/Easter.

Fridge.jpg

This is Captain Tom who is 99 years old and has raised £23million from the British public for the NHS charities by walking 100 times around his garden.

Michael Ball with Tom are No1 in the I tunes chart raising more money with this old song.

What a hero.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Talk about what is going on in  Lockdown???

This was my Saturday.

So yesterday I was doing my run around the track.

Family room -dinning room- living room- kitchen and I looked out the front window and low and behold an elderly man in  a silver car was digging up our newspaper boxes and  the metal post that is.

Before I could get outside he threw the Vindicator and Warren Tribune newspaper boxes in his trunk and drove off into the sunset.

Now mind you the Youngstown Vindicator went out of business.

And 

The Warren Tribune prints a Youngstown version of its newspaper for which we are subscribed.

So I pull out my nifty bill receipt folder as well as went on line to print my last payment check.

So I am paid up till June 1, 2020.

Now mind you why would a company in a time of national disarray select to remove my paper boxes????

Talk about a surprise.

Especially with the newspaper being a highlight of the day in lockdown, damn do you know how much used couches go for?????? I do it is in the want ads right above used dryers🙄

Could it have been a mistake????

Possibly.

So I left a message at the Warren Tribune to please return a paper box.

And if the want to throw my paper  it on the ground I will request a new paper.   (The newspaper lady did, no fault to her).

And if a new box is not provided I will cancel my subscription, and only walk to downtown Vienna to get a new Sunday paper and forget about the rest of the week when this world crisis is over.

Besides I cannot believe a thief would drive all the way down our street to just dig up our boxes in day light.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEsh

I have all the luck.

Stay healthy

10 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

9087D280-FB62-4BF5-A0CC-051D7B35390D.jpeg

LOVE it!!!!  We have been making this cake for so many years, I can’t remember when it started.  My oldest son, who is 46, was a young little guy.  I remember using mult-colored chocolate chips that I bought in KMART to decorate it.

• Like 1