Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We have a new sighting tonight of a 3rd little one. They are so cute.

Also if you look in the upper right hand corner you can see the farmer has been working. You can see all the round hay bales..

We now will have a better look of the deers traveling through the fields.

20210724_195553.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 15

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We have a new sighting tonight of a 3rd little one. They are so cute.

Also if you look in the upper right hand corner you can see the farmer has been working. You can see all the round hay bales..

We now will have a better look of the deers traveling through the fields.

20210724_195553.jpg

Adorable.  Do you put a salt lick in your yard?

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Adorable.  Do you put a salt lick in your yard?

We did that where we lived in NJ but have not tried that yet here in VA. Maybe closer to fall we give it a try.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa and I would like to say thank-you for all the anniversary wishes. 

We had a delicious dinner at a place called The Keg. It’s a steak house. It felt strange to eat in a restaurant, but once we sat down it felt somewhat normal. 

Q code menu. 

4E61FB52-5323-4541-B214-B4EE79AC42B5.thumb.jpeg.dd84530a3386e0a6f3ae1880766b14c7.jpeg

A couple drinks. 

AFFD8872-1C1C-4DA6-BCE8-0BFD4142A7C9.thumb.jpeg.d981a73d849c974c9db2574aea0f872a.jpeg

Shared fresh bread. 

7AD7B5CA-1BBE-478F-8BB1-7ED037A3D5A8.thumb.jpeg.d971e56035d6f7349dbe640ab2faddc9.jpeg

Garden salad for Lisa. 

F073381C-2BF0-4180-945A-42DEE5221236.thumb.jpeg.2269d5ad0fd53b582d11ccbb0c946700.jpeg

Lobster gratin for me. 

ACA985FB-1278-431B-9EED-E45F1CF6F137.thumb.jpeg.f95c8168bc30edfaeae07b5d36529440.jpeg

Lisa and I each had the 20oz bone in rib-eye. She had twice baked potato and I had garlic mashed. Cooked, medium rare. One photo for example. 

0EDBED86-141E-4B62-B14B-7D8926035A93.thumb.jpeg.62e64f7078f2a7ee73c1ba2b1c6e8722.jpeg

We also ordered a side of lightly fried cauliflower. 

C7F78EA5-6D45-4E90-AF6F-3FBC0BDAEBBF.thumb.jpeg.cc1a6fdf5454eb5d33297e3621e5df11.jpeg

We passed on dessert, but already planned ahead for it. We made a quick stop at the local theatre.

Tonight it’s snacks and TV. Below Deck right now followed by Deadliest Catch. Owen is at Sharon’s and we have the house to ourselves.

Between everything, it seems to be the most peaceful night here in a very long time. 

810D3539-D810-47AC-9210-C9757007A3B0.thumb.jpeg.717a8b7db7198d37a01da1323b9c581c.jpeg

Now I know why you haven't been following my thread until now😉🤣🤣

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had a delicious dinner at a place called The Keg. It’s a steak house. It felt strange to eat in a restaurant, but once we sat down it felt somewhat normal. 

Q code menu. 

4E61FB52-5323-4541-B214-B4EE79AC42B5.thumb.jpeg.dd84530a3386e0a6f3ae1880766b14c7.jpeg

A couple drinks. 

AFFD8872-1C1C-4DA6-BCE8-0BFD4142A7C9.thumb.jpeg.d981a73d849c974c9db2574aea0f872a.jpeg

Shared fresh bread. 

7AD7B5CA-1BBE-478F-8BB1-7ED037A3D5A8.thumb.jpeg.d971e56035d6f7349dbe640ab2faddc9.jpeg

Garden salad for Lisa. 

F073381C-2BF0-4180-945A-42DEE5221236.thumb.jpeg.2269d5ad0fd53b582d11ccbb0c946700.jpeg

Lobster gratin for me. 

ACA985FB-1278-431B-9EED-E45F1CF6F137.thumb.jpeg.f95c8168bc30edfaeae07b5d36529440.jpeg

Lisa and I each had the 20oz bone in rib-eye. She had twice baked potato and I had garlic mashed. Cooked, medium rare. One photo for example. 

0EDBED86-141E-4B62-B14B-7D8926035A93.thumb.jpeg.62e64f7078f2a7ee73c1ba2b1c6e8722.jpeg

We also ordered a side of lightly fried cauliflower. 

C7F78EA5-6D45-4E90-AF6F-3FBC0BDAEBBF.thumb.jpeg.cc1a6fdf5454eb5d33297e3621e5df11.jpeg

We passed on dessert, but already planned ahead for it. We made a quick stop at the local theatre.

Tonight it’s snacks and TV. Below Deck right now followed by Deadliest Catch. Owen is at Sharon’s and we have the house to ourselves.

Between everything, it seems to be the most peaceful night here in a very long time. 

810D3539-D810-47AC-9210-C9757007A3B0.thumb.jpeg.717a8b7db7198d37a01da1323b9c581c.jpeg

Everything looks so delicious!  Perfect celebration. We have The Keg very close to us and although we've never been, based on your photos, it looks like a good choice for our Anniversary dinner in Dec.  

One small question.  What is the orange stuff mixed with the mushrooms on the steak plate?

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, our "mirpeset" was the main draw when buying this penthouse, and we're spending a lot of time in it.

Chulent -- indeed, everyone has their own "shticks".... DH's is famous for his chulent 😉 

May be u can see in the picture, he's using honey and peel/skin of purple onions for the dark color.

No barley.

Huge white beans and dark ones [which I'm leaving in water for a day], osso buco meat [for the bone marrow, which gives an added taste], potatoes, boiled eggs, and of course - "kishkes".

He's frying the outsides of the meat and potatoes before adding them to the pot.

He's leaving the pot in the oven at a minimum temperature for the night, but doesn't bother to check.

The house is full of the aroma 😉

So true 🥰

I also put honey in my slow cook meat, lots of beef bones when I can get them.  I also brown the meat first but not the potatoes.   I actually learned so much stuck in this house during lockdown watching cooking shows.  I made braised short ribs that were fabulous.  Used Laura in the Kitchen recipe or was it Ina Garten?  hmmmmm

I don't understand why I was able to get more of a selection of beef/veal (sorry Ocean Boy)  products in NY than I get here in TX?  My butcher in NY used to give out bags of beef bones no charge. Cows are all over the place here, honest.  They can't all be milk cows!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Everything looks so delicious!  Perfect celebration. We have The Keg very close to us and although we've never been, based on your photos, it looks like a good choice for our Anniversary dinner in Dec.  

One small question.  What is the orange stuff mixed with the mushrooms on the steak plate?

It was a veggie medley of mushrooms, zucchini and orange pepper.

I don’t think it will disappoint you.  It is mainly a Canadian chain with a few American locations.  I have eaten at many of the ones across Canada and they are exceptionally consistent here so I’d hope for the same in the few American locations as well. 

• Like 1

I haven't been to the Keg is a couple of years. Their steaks are very good. Mrs. Dawg always has the chicken because she hates seafood and the Keg will not cook a steak well enough for her taste. What can I say, she's from England. 😁

Happy anniversary @A&L_Ont . 🥳

• Like 1

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had a delicious dinner at a place called The Keg. It’s a steak house.

Happy belated anniversary!  I'll have exactly what you had...same lobster appetizer, same medium rare steak, same garlic mashed.  Even popcorn for dessert.  Sounds like you had a great night.

• Like 3

On my final push to lose a few more pounds before the wedding .  Doing the fast 800 diet for two weeks which is quite popular over here. 800 calories a day 😱

Just made veggie and bean soup 

20210725_150055.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I haven't been to the Keg is a couple of years. Their steaks are very good. Mrs. Dawg always has the chicken because she hates seafood and the Keg will not cook a steak well enough for her taste. What can I say, she's from England. 😁

Happy anniversary @A&L_Ont . 🥳

Thank-you. It was such a strange experience to get accustomed too. That being said we will be laying low from the restaurants for a while again. 

My grandmother from England also liked her steak well done.  She didn’t like to see the “red” on her plate. As she lost her sight with age in her early 90s, we cooked them medium rare and she said the were always the best she had ever had. She wished she had started earlier having them cooked less. 

We have vegetarian friends who also love the Keg for their veggie and pasta dishes. We have office Christmas parties there and some staff also love the pistachio encrusted salmon.  So many great choices it’s hard to choose. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sorry I'm late but I do want to wish you Happy Anniversary. Looks like you had a great celebration. Cheers to you and Lisa and wishes more many more.

I think some others have mentioned it before but we got around to binge watching HBO's "Mare of Easttown. All I can is WOW! What a great murder mystery. I felt like being on a emotional rollercoaster with all the twists and turns. Acting was incredible especially from Kate Winslet who mark my words will win the Emmy for best female actor. I highly recommend this great series.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My grandmother from England also liked her steak well done.  She didn’t like to see the “red” on her plate. As she lost her sight with age in her early 90s, we cooked them medium rare and she said the were always the best she had ever had. She wished she had started earlier having them cooked less. 

My husband likes his steaks rare.  Or what he calls rare…I’d say more raw.  My side of the family used to joke “Have a slow gaited waiter walk it through a warm kitchen.”  I want my steak medium rare.  Thirty-six years of marriage and he’s never been able to cook me a medium rare steak.  I suspect he assumes one day I’ll proclaim “You were right!  This is delicious!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Chulent....sigh.  Love it.  I mainly make it with barley, beans, meat, potatoes.  Everyone has their own recipe.  My mother used to cook hers stovetop overnight and hardly slept since she kept checking on it.  Haven't made it in about 5 years.  Your veranda (hebrew - mirpeset?) looks so comfy and inviting.

You just brought back a wonderful memory for me .My mom who passed away in 1979 made that often.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

You are very blessed to have had your special bond with your Nana.  I was 6 when I lost my beloved grandfather;  his wife, my mom's stepmother, was a very cold woman.  My dad's father was killed in Tennessee when my dad was a young boy, and his mom lived in Brooklyn with my Uncle and his family.  We visited every Sunday, but she was a very quiet woman who rarely spoke.  (I have her green eyes).

My grandparents passed away before I was born but both my mother and father had siblings 20 years older than them and they became my pseudo grandparents.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think some others have mentioned it before but we got around to binge watching HBO's "Mare of Easttown. All I can is WOW! What a great murder mystery. I felt like being on a emotional rollercoaster with all the twists and turns. Acting was incredible especially from Kate Winslet who mark my words will win the Emmy for best female actor. I highly recommend this great series.

Entire cast was great , I also really enjoyed this mini series. 

• Like 2