Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

To me nothing tops the Carol Burnett Show for laughs.

That is a classic.  One of the few shows they didn’t have to add fake laughs.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Dick Van Dyke

That got the theme song playing in my head and I can see him falling over the ottoman.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you Dani

Thanks.  Nothing like a honeymoon on a cruise. 

Thanks for the wishes 

I wish we could have kept the crowns.  I would wear it for all occasions. 

Thanks for the congratulations. 

I think by the 80’s and 90’s they had added capacity to her.  We have fond memories of that cruise, even with sailing in a Cat 5 hurricane. 

What happened was after sovereign came out in late 80’s a Norway wasn’t the largest ship , so they added a deck , we were in one of the new mini suites in 1991 for our honeymoon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

double mozzarella cheese and peperoni for me, pls.

If I add onions I will caramelize them first. I sometimes add cherry tomatoes 🍅 or sliced tomatoes.  And sometimes diced pineapples.  But my go to is mozzarella cheese and pepperoni 🍕 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

MASH was my absolute favorite show.  More than a comedy,  it was poignant, and showed empathy. I must have watched  every episode numerous times and never tire of them.

Seinfeld was a close 2nd.  George's parents were hilarious.  A Festivus for the rest of us. You had to watch the show to know what that means.  Trust me.  Very funny!

Columbo, Hill St. Blues, Heart to Heart, McMillan and Wife, so many others.  Judge Judy is always fun.

Just MHO, even with all the wonderful shows mentioned on this thread, to me nothing tops I Love Lucy for laughs.   

In order for a show to be successful there must be good writers. Comedy writers ,Justin and Eric Stengel have been nominated for about 25 Emmy Awards.They were the long time head writers for the David Letterman show and also developed several successful TV shows.

They are the sons of one of my friends from HS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Prepared for the busy afternoon to come. Skating camp at 3:30pm all week from M-F. Ball game at 6pm today and tomorrow.

Owen will have to eat in the car along the way, as the game is 30 minutes away. Soccer on Thursday but thankfully that is beside the hockey arena. 

66C4B8FD-47FB-48F1-ABBA-12AA1CFD23BA.thumb.jpeg.8b76b79cae9d61e430a6c8a8b4912e68.jpeg

Oh, how I remember those busy days with my daughters.  Cherish these days, Andrew!

One of my busiest days during Softball Season..Jennifer was in HS.  She had a 4:00 game at South Beach (by the Verrazano Bridge), a 5:30 game at Mid Island Little League, and I had to get to my game where I coached for a 6:00 game at South Shore..  My daughters Judy and Melanie were on my team...I wouldn't have changed it for the world.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So today was the day we threw an Un-birthday party for our California grandson.  The sun was shining as we put up the balloons and decorations around the canopy we put up in the yard. 

F99F8B61-4486-48F1-9A05-2D5F60C96090.thumb.jpeg.871f87cba9bc6addec9fcf1e23b6dd3b.jpeg

We rented a bounce house, and it showed up an hour early, so he got some play time before others showed up.  

0C003CB3-3E76-4832-B81E-4374B51AF499.thumb.jpeg.c64f8ea63d7e2cd5624c21ce6dca88ec.jpeg

Twenty minutes after his cousins arrived, this happened. 

FullSizeRender.mov 7.03 MB · 7 downloads

We had three storms roll through in the afternoon, some with higher winds.  After each one, I would take beach towels in an dry out the bounce house (and I had to bounce a little to test it out each time😁).  By the end of the day, I had gone through 20 beach towels.  

But the kids were not bothered by a little rain, and they all had a blast.  

95DAE86A-76F0-4E04-9980-EC125AD9BA72.thumb.jpeg.80801f90209e7a7c11a9e8cfdd16c4a4.jpeg

Two of the boys are close friends of the family.  Their dad was best man at my sons’s wedding.  

The menu for the party included filet mignon, and I can’t believe grandson ate two of these. 

BABE2513-CDD9-4A5E-B5EC-D7E29D348EC3.thumb.jpeg.3ac438d48c326d52472992418dda0c8f.jpeg

Ranch potatoes and corn on the cob

D59DD2DF-BBAD-4994-AE35-3DC4D97711D7.thumb.jpeg.c6671afb3513976274b5da72ce9b8750.jpeg

And a few other sides. 

551FAAEC-03E6-491B-8F3F-68D9322F4457.thumb.jpeg.7b3ae30b6710203244e215ddab9823e9.jpeg

Since the theme was Minecraft, that was the cake choice. 

79692C64-2D18-473B-A990-50B86BD128C8.thumb.jpeg.c8efcdfe2935e3bf22af91573b4a18f7.jpeg

In spite of the on and off rain, fun was had by all.   This is the first day I have felt exhausted at the end of the day. 

Great party, Mark!  But then, we wouldn't expect anything less!

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you. I am ready. As a video news photographer and editor my back and knees are shot after 40 years of carrying 65 pounds of gear everywhere. I was going to retire last year and go my cruise but COVID hit my cruise got cancelled. L&S one year later and hopefully we are a go. This past year working has been hard to focus. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Congratulations Greg, on your upcoming Retirement!!

Our daughter's last job in NYC was as a producer for Fox News Radio years ago.  She also worked for ABC news tv when she lived in Jacksonville.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

To me nothing tops the Carol Burnett Show for laughs. Some of the skits make  me laugh like a loon just thinking about them. 

Carol Burnett's Show was hysterical.  She is one classy woman!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Absolutely. I loved that show, still watch reruns, but I can't believe they allowed some of the stuff Archie said!

That's because back then, there weren't that many "Stuffed Shirts" around that were offended by everything. People took things with "A grain of Salt". JMHO

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our daughter's last job in NYC was as a producer for Fox News Radio years ago.  She also worked for ABC news tv when she lived in Jacksonville.

That's great. those are all great markets where I'm sure she got a wealth of experience. Doing news is hard work. I have tremendous respect for her.

Greg the Sea Dog

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Forty-one years ago today, I was walking up the aisle with my new bride.  It was just one day before our first ever cruise.  Our honeymoon was on the SS Norway.  My how things have changed. 

The Norway was the largest cruise ship in the world when we sailed. 

57EC88FE-2E92-44B7-AF54-85233FE57613.thumb.png.04b51c64f75cb253df07e406c8474753.png

The life boats were a little different. 

CDF02C5F-CD46-4913-BDCB-7FD55E886D17.thumb.png.d577922982de974508cef9647e33d27f.png

Everyone got a bridge tour.

A2B34B7E-80DA-4142-918E-923D1D34B79C.thumb.png.4e7c96beb25994c942df0ff3f512b8a1.png

The newlywed table.

6D637D21-932B-428B-9FBE-AABF43E81001.thumb.png.2de14a33ca35fe2c779a0ffa5813863c.png

My new bride by the Norway sign.

1E708EBC-B856-4803-B415-CE74C98040F5.thumb.png.f9af6c25a007392d89573980494b30b0.png

Congratulations to you and your bride, Mark!  I hope you have special plans!

Our very first cruise was on the SS Norway, back in 1983.  There were 30 of us, all of us basketball coaches and spouses.  What an incredible time we had!  We were all staying in inside cabins.  Boy, were those cabins tiny!  Of course, we were all young then, so it didn't matter much.  Thank you for sharing your memorable pictures of the Norway!!!

HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Maryann. The sun in my eyes was bothering me 😁

Sometimes, well just may be more than sometimes, DH is "straining" my patience 😉

I "suck" at taking pictures, therefore I'm totally dependent on the "designated photographer".

It goes like this:

Me: Pls. take my picture with this "edifice".

DH: MMmmm, OK. Stay there. No, there. MMMmmm, there. OK. Where is my phone? Aahhh, in my hand !! Don't move. You moved. Yes, you did.

Me: Someone is waiting to take pics also. Are you done?

DH: MMMmmm, no. With the camera will be better. Where is my camera? Aahhh, around my neck !!

Don't move... [rinse and repeat from above]. Pushing buttons and rotating dials... checking the "results".

Me: Someone is waiting to take pics also. Are you done, since in a second they'll "photobomb" me....

THE END.

Too funny, Dani!  Well, we saw how patient your DH is with your little grandson.  ❤️  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's great. those are all great markets where I'm sure she got a wealth of experience. Doing news is hard work. I have tremendous respect for her.

Greg the Sea Dog

Thank you, Greg.  She truly loved it.  She met so many interesting people!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Forty-one years ago today, I was walking up the aisle with my new bride.  It was just one day before our first ever cruise.  Our honeymoon was on the SS Norway.  My how things have changed. 

The Norway was the largest cruise ship in the world when we sailed. 

57EC88FE-2E92-44B7-AF54-85233FE57613.thumb.png.04b51c64f75cb253df07e406c8474753.png

The life boats were a little different. 

CDF02C5F-CD46-4913-BDCB-7FD55E886D17.thumb.png.d577922982de974508cef9647e33d27f.png

Everyone got a bridge tour.

A2B34B7E-80DA-4142-918E-923D1D34B79C.thumb.png.4e7c96beb25994c942df0ff3f512b8a1.png

The newlywed table.

6D637D21-932B-428B-9FBE-AABF43E81001.thumb.png.2de14a33ca35fe2c779a0ffa5813863c.png

My new bride by the Norway sign.

1E708EBC-B856-4803-B415-CE74C98040F5.thumb.png.f9af6c25a007392d89573980494b30b0.png

Congratulations!    Time flies when you are having fun.    Happy Anniversary😍

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our very first cruise was on the SS Norway, back in 1983.  There were 30 of us, all of us basketball coaches and spouses.  What an incredible time we had!  We were all staying in inside cabins.  Boy, were those cabins tiny!  Of course, we were all young then, so it didn't matter much.  Thank you for sharing your memorable pictures of the Norway!!!

Had bunk beds with my girlfriend ( now wife) on Norway once .

• Like 5

No fans of Frasier here? One of the few spin-off shows that were better than the original, IMO. 

I used to think Seinfeld was going to be the best comedy of all time. But it doesn't stand the test of time well. Maybe Everyone Loves Raymond?

I Love Lucy does. And even though it's waaayyyy before my time, The Honeymooners. A mere 39 episodes  but as soon as Jackie Gleason walks on stage, I'm already laughing before he even speaks.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Great party, Mark!  But then, we wouldn't expect anything less!

Congratulations Greg, on your upcoming Retirement!!

Carol Burnett's Show was hysterical.  She is one classy woman!

I have posted this before.In 1986 I had a book published and I have also had numerous short stories published as well as two plays,drama ,not comedy.However ,I decided to try writing comedy.I wrote 13 episodes and tried to sell the idea to NBC .It was a satire of late night soap operas primarily ones on ABC and CBS.The person at NBC liked it but said they were planning a late night soap show.He asked if he could submit my idea to Lorne Michaels possibly for SNL .Michael’s liked my idea but said that they have a full staff of writers.

For every Norman Lear there are thousands of writers who never make it.Many of the comedy shows that have been mentioned on this thread had writers who started out on SNL.That show has been on the air forever,it seems.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No fans of Frasier here? One of the few spin-off shows that were better than the original, IMO. 

I used to think Seinfeld was going to be the best comedy of all time. But it doesn't stand the test of time well. Maybe Everyone Loves Raymond?

I Love Lucy does. And even though it's waaayyyy before my time, The Honeymooners. A mere 39 episodes  but as soon as Jackie Gleason walks on stage, I'm already laughing before he even speaks.

Frasier fan here...I faithfully watched Frasier every week and have watched many re-runs late at night.   

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Niles Crane was a fabulous character on Frazier. The whole cast was a great ensemble, but he cracked us up. 
His scene with the ironing board starts us laughing if we mention it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Our Honeymoon in 1981 was in Paris and we got the hovercraft across the English channel.

• Like 3