Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

To me nothing tops the Carol Burnett Show for laughs. Some of the skits make  me laugh like a loon just thinking about them. 

The episode which was a take off of Gone With The Wind called Went With The Wind is legendary.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Forty-one years ago today, I was walking up the aisle with my new bride.  It was just one day before our first ever cruise.  Our honeymoon was on the SS Norway.  My how things have changed. 

The Norway was the largest cruise ship in the world when we sailed. 

57EC88FE-2E92-44B7-AF54-85233FE57613.thumb.png.04b51c64f75cb253df07e406c8474753.png

The life boats were a little different. 

CDF02C5F-CD46-4913-BDCB-7FD55E886D17.thumb.png.d577922982de974508cef9647e33d27f.png

Everyone got a bridge tour.

A2B34B7E-80DA-4142-918E-923D1D34B79C.thumb.png.4e7c96beb25994c942df0ff3f512b8a1.png

The newlywed table.

6D637D21-932B-428B-9FBE-AABF43E81001.thumb.png.2de14a33ca35fe2c779a0ffa5813863c.png

My new bride by the Norway sign.

1E708EBC-B856-4803-B415-CE74C98040F5.thumb.png.f9af6c25a007392d89573980494b30b0.png

Happy Anniversary.  May you both make and share many more wonderful memories together.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Here  is a few pictures of the back side of my garden.

The corn is 10ft tall now and starting to form ears now.

20210802_122436.jpg

20210802_122446.jpg

20210802_122517.jpg

Nothing like fresh corn on the cob with butter. 

What do you do with all the corn you grow?  

Same question to @A&L_Ont regarding Sharon's humongous corn field.

Both fields are "as high as an elephant's eye".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Ours is field corn. It will harvested around Halloween. It is used to feed livestock, for ethanol production and manufactured goods. It’s also used to create high fructose corn syrup, corn starch etc. 

• Like 2

@Sunshine3601

@BonTexasNY

@akcruz

Thank you for the anniversary wishes.  We hope to have many more.  

Just came back from the library with our grandson.  We entered him in a reading program for the summer while he is here.  Kids get prize entries based on how much reading they do, then enter the tickets for a chance to win. 

He was excited that he won a prize. 

37DF6D6D-1B56-4546-B121-E317D6B7FB2D.thumb.jpeg.d364beb4c3d4decb68a8e52ca3bce09c.jpeg

We had to convince him he needs to wait until he is back in California before he starts this.  Looks more and more like we will need a suitcase just for things he got while here. 

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Just came back from the library with our grandson.  We entered him in a reading program for the summer while he is here.  Kids get prize entries based on how much reading they do, then enter the tickets for a chance to win. 

He was excited that he won a prize. 

37DF6D6D-1B56-4546-B121-E317D6B7FB2D.thumb.jpeg.d364beb4c3d4decb68a8e52ca3bce09c.jpeg

We had to convince him he needs to wait until he is back in California before he starts this.  Looks more and more like we will need a suitcase just for things he got while here. 

What a great idea to enroll your grandson in a summer reading program.  I love his glow-in-the-dark terrarium prize... so much, in fact, that I just ordered one on Amazon for our granddaughter.  🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ours is field corn. It will harvested around Halloween. It is used to feed livestock, for ethanol production and manufactured goods. It’s also used to create high fructose corn syrup, corn starch etc. 

Thanks for that explanation. I always wondered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ours is field corn.

So is it true that ears of corn always have an even number of rows? (Like 12, or 14, etc. ).  At least that is what they told the grandkids on corn day. 

I never really thought about it, but I have been counting rows on all the ears I have eaten since then.   They all had an even number of rows. 

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm back after a very busy week off and lot's of activities. I will apologize in advance that I have not kept up to date with the 30 plus pages I have missed. If I have missed anything big let me know. Trying to get things ready for retirement. 84 days and counting. Hoping my retirement cruise on Explorer is a go November 7th.

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement.Enjoy whatever you desire to do post retirement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Nothing like fresh corn on the cob with butter. 

Both fields are "as high as an elephant's eye".

We will freeze some on the cob with a vaccum sealer, some we will blanche and freeze and some I will bag up and give to my neighbors.

Also we will have alot on the cob fresh, nothing like it!

Here is something to try, with a Sharp serrated knife after buttering the cob, take the knive and cut through each row of corn all the way around the cob, add some salt and pepper and then eat it...............Talk about super tender corn. You will love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Congrats @Sea Dog, you’re going to love it.  Don’t let anyone talk you into going back to work.  It took a few months to totally relax.  After retiring,  my wife would see the tension building Sunday afternoon and would ask, you know what your doing tomorrow?  I would shortly say, what.  She would answer, whatever you want, you’re retired!  I would quickly feel the tension melt out of the shoulders.  Happy for you.

I retired in 1999 but my wife was still working (she retired in 2008) and I was bored .A friend offered me a job with his company and I retired again in 2004.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ATG said:

Retirement is fantastic!  But it takes some getting used to after all those years of working.  We see new retirees move into our neighborhood.  The first year they are busy doing all sorts of projects around the yard and house.  Eventually, they realize they have time, a precious thing when you’re working.  The projects get spaced out and more time is spent on the things they enjoy, whether it’s golf, reading or walking.

Enjoy your retirement, you worked hard for it.

A friend of mine living in NY retired and instead of moving to Fla he and his wife moved to SC.

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No fans of Frasier here? One of the few spin-off shows that were better than the original, IMO. 

I used to think Seinfeld was going to be the best comedy of all time. But it doesn't stand the test of time well. Maybe Everyone Loves Raymond?

I Love Lucy does. And even though it's waaayyyy before my time, The Honeymooners. A mere 39 episodes  but as soon as Jackie Gleason walks on stage, I'm already laughing before he even speaks.

When my wife and I went on our very first date I had to meet her parents first.Her father was a huge Honeymooners fan and I had to pass a trivia quiz to date his daughter.I never liked the show but I watched an episode in anticipation of knowing I would be quizzed.I guess that I passed.😀

• Like 3