Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

On 5/19/2020 at 9:46 PM, donaldsc said:

I am not an Oceania cheerleader.  I booked my first Oceania cruise about 1 1/2 years out from the cruise date.  I cancelled it for none-Covid reasons around 26 February before the Covid problems really exploded so I should have been first in line to get my refund and I am still waiting.  As you suggested, I did contact my TA on this and to quote her response - "The told me TS and your customer can just wait w everyone else".  Seems to me that if they and the rest of the cruise lines are having so many problems getting refund out, they should be retaining office staff and not laying them off.  Oceania may give you a good cruising experience but I will probably never find out since I doubt if I will ever book on them again based on my one booking experience.

DON

Though I understand your concerns, it truly saddens me that we may never break bread on an O ship. I've almost always enjoyed your posts  (even agreed with a few) and I bet you'd fit in very well with the regulars I know.

Now, wash your hands and put your mask back on.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Now, wash your hands and put your mask back on.

I don't believe that you intend that to be mean or demeaning. We don't wear masks in our home...or yards..or cars. We put them on when we're in public space where we may not be able to social distance. 

1 hour ago, clo said:

I don't believe that you intend that to be mean or demeaning. We don't wear masks in our home...or yards..or cars. We put them on when we're in public space where we may not be able to social distance. 

Living in Spain it is now become law  everyone over the age of 6 must wear a mask everywhere in public places and you are fined if you do not obey !!! 

6 hours ago, roger b said:

Living in Spain it is now become law  everyone over the age of 6 must wear a mask everywhere in public places and you are fined if you do not obey !!! 

Right thing to do.   Need to stay safe so one day we will be able to cruise again.

• Like 2

We are now in week 9 waiting for a refund since cancelling and one month since the date of the cancellation invoice. 

We have a public holiday here in the UK this weekend, so they tell me, so I will talk to my TA on Monday and then consider the CC dispute route. 

2 hours ago, jo-b said:

We are now in week 9 waiting for a refund since cancelling and one month since the date of the cancellation invoice. 

We have a public holiday here in the UK this weekend, so they tell me, so I will talk to my TA on Monday and then consider the CC dispute route. 

Go For opening a dispute I did as I see no up side on waiting!!! the credit card company have credited my account and unless Oceania contest it I will have it resolved by 8th of July.

27 minutes ago, roger b said:

Go For opening a dispute I did as I see no up side on waiting!!! the credit card company have credited my account and unless Oceania contest it I will have it resolved by 8th of July.

If they will not give us our money back then there is no other way to go about it.  Gives me a very bad taste in my mouth after 14 cruises on O.  Could be the end of my cruising  with them.  Total lack of trust now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roger b said:

Even if you're walking/jogging/etc.?

3 minutes ago, roger b said:

People should definitely wear their masks while driving. Not doing so and then coughing/sneezing all over you steering wheel is a great way to then take "germs" with you into stores where you touch stuff.

I think that some folks forget the most important part of the mask experience: protecting others from YOUR transmissions.

We wear single use disposable gloves as well. We don them prior to entering whatever store will find us touching stuff and dispose of them prior to re-entering our cars.

When we start flying again, we'll add lab glasses to the mix.

23 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

People should definitely wear their masks while driving. Not doing so and then coughing/sneezing all over you steering wheel is a great way to then take "germs" with you into stores where you touch stuff.

I think that some folks forget the most important part of the mask experience: protecting others from YOUR transmissions.

We wear single use disposable gloves as well. We don them prior to entering whatever store will find us touching stuff and dispose of them prior to re-entering our cars.

When we start flying again, we'll add lab glasses to the mix.

At every supermarket your hands are sprayed and you are handed a pair of plastic gloves ,most  smaller shops only allow one person at a time .the police patrols are everywhere and you are not allowed to make unnecessary journeys, I have been stopped numerous time and asked where do you live.

These very strict laws have now nearly extinguished the virus on the island.  

1 minute ago, docmark said:

Last 2 posts have nothing to do with title of this thread: REFUNDS

Most of the posts on CC have nothing to do with the topics 

until  the posts are reported  or the hosts are back   just  skip over   them

JMO

Just now, LHT28 said:

Most of the posts on CC have nothing to do with the topics 

until  the posts are reported  or the hosts are back   just  skip over   them

JMO

Yes, this.  I would love this post to stay on topic for refunds such as "I cancelled March 5 and I got my refund on...."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TOLISTravellers said:

Yes, this.  I would love this post to stay on topic for refunds such as "I cancelled March 5 and I got my refund on...."

Oceania cancelled and aborted my cruise on Riviera 11 March. They offered either a 150% cruise credit or 100% refund. Well, no refund nor even any correspondence to get this refunded. I have sent inquiries via the web site. In most cases I get a computer generated response that "we will make every effort to respond in a timely manner." Then nothing further. I plan to get my credit card company involved next week.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, retafcruiser said:

Oceania cancelled and aborted my cruise on Riviera 11 March. They offered either a 150% cruise credit or 100% refund. Well, no refund nor even any correspondence to get this refunded. I have sent inquiries via the web site. In most cases I get a computer generated response that "we will make every effort to respond in a timely manner." Then nothing further. I plan to get my credit card company involved next week.

I guess the doctor & Captain  should have said something like 

" the man has several medical issues  & we cannot rule out  COVID as we do not have the  proper tests "

Hindsight  is 20/20

36 minutes ago, retafcruiser said:

I've found this site to be reliable:

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-6092878

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, potterhill said:

We received our full refund this week for our April 4 cruise from Papeete to San Francisco.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Excellent! I've only been clicking on this thread to see something like this 🙂

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, potterhill said:

We received our full refund this week for our April 4 cruise from Papeete to San Francisco.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Excellent news.

When did you cancel? There is hope for all of us - sooner or later 🙂

• Thanks 1

Good news:

Just received my full refund amount back to my credit card for the Apr 4th sailing of Marina from Buenos Aires to Lisbon....sailing was cancelled and I requested refund on March 17th...am pleased that Oceania came through...was also able to get full refund from American Airlines for flights to Buenos Aires....only TAP has refused cash refund (and provided vouchers) for return flights from Lisbon....all bookings were done directly with Oceania and airlines respectively....hope that you all see similar results

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cssreggie said:

Good news:

Just received my full refund amount back to my credit card for the Apr 4th sailing of Marina from Buenos Aires to Lisbon....sailing was cancelled and I requested refund on March 17th...am pleased that Oceania came through...was also able to get full refund from American Airlines for flights to Buenos Aires....only TAP has refused cash refund (and provided vouchers) for return flights from Lisbon....all bookings were done directly with Oceania and airlines respectively....hope that you all see similar results

This is the type of information we need in this thread. Thank you.

Going forward it would help to have this information. 

When was your cruise? Did you or Oceania cancel? Had you paid in full or just a deposit, or something in between? What date was the cruise canceled? When did you get your refund?

Other extemporaneous info only confuses and clutters the thread. 

Thanks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1