Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

6 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Who says I didn’t. I said over and beyond! 
our Trans Atlantic as well as 2 b2b Oceania Cruises we’re compensated well over and beyond! Also we received a lot of OBC when we booked.

Back to subject I Hope O comes through

for everyone soon.

Take care

Denise😊

FWIW, you do realize that any Connoisseurs Club TA can offer you every price/discount/perk/refund available from an Oceania "personal consultant." But, no consultant at Oceania can share their salary (or bonus or any personal income) with you.

In fact, the only real benefit to booking with O direct is for "book onboard" discount/price guarantee/current cruise SBC. But, even then, you can have 30 days to transfer to a TA who can add $$$ and other perks.

Again, I'm not trying to convince you to change how you book. Rather, my posts are meant to alert potential new (and even some existing) Oceania customers to the significant added value one gets from using the right TA.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, B-2-Bs Best! said:

Still awaiting $862 taxes/fees from canceled 3/20/20 Riviera sailing. We canceled on the 10th.

We're still waiting for the final $725 piece from our canceled 4/1/20 Sirena sailing.

We asked for the refund on March 14th and received all but the $725 in 2 credits to our credit card on April 3.

This is for the paid cruise fare only with no extras or excursions involved.

33 minutes ago, rim2rimhiker said:

Still waiting for a refund and we cancelled back in February.  They probably need new deposits and fares to pay out the cancellations.

Ouch! You must be approaching 90 days.

3 minutes ago, JVNYC said:

Exactly.  I"m not making any deposit for 2021 now.

I'm with you!  Getting close to calling my cc company.  Not feeling good about getting my refund.

55 minutes ago, rim2rimhiker said:

Still waiting for a refund and we cancelled back in February.  They probably need new deposits and fares to pay out the cancellations.

Don't think they are getting many new deposits at this point.  Still do not know when and where they will be allowed to go.  And if we want to go tho those places.   Very hard times to make these choices. 

59 minutes ago, roger b said:

It seems no one is receiving any money back for cancelled cruises in the last two weeks does this mean there is a hold on repayments ?? 

It seems that way but as you can see here:,

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2748423-norwegian-cruise-line-may-go-out-of-business/

Oceania secured a number of loans and hopefully they now will start the refunds soon?

Edited by Paulchili

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

It seems that way but as you can see here:,

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2748423-norwegian-cruise-line-may-go-out-of-business/

Oceania secured a number of loans and hopefully they now will start the refunds soon?

I have a more pessimistic view.   NCL will use the money to pay the lawyers (and management) to enter bankruptcy.  If there is any money left, they will use it for cash flow. I don't see any money left for refunding deposits.  It's not a high priority to pay obligations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

I have a more pessimistic view.   NCL will use the money to pay the lawyers (and management) to enter bankruptcy.  If there is any money left, they will use it for cash flow. I don't see any money left for refunding deposits.  It's not a high priority to pay obligations.

lots of theories out there

I guess time will tell

MY opinion is  FDR/NCLH  is  ahead of the game  trying to secure  funds to stay afloat

You cannot really think the other  big 2 companies are not hurting as well

I see on the forums  people are not getting refunds either

Carnival Corp is in hot water over the Princess fiasco

Australia is going after them due to the Ruby Princess  virus situation

The USA is investigating them for the Grand  & Coral 

Lots going on in the cruise line World

JMO

1 hour ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

It certainly needs to be a priority. Those ships cannot operate in US waters without complying with the requirements of the US Federal Maritime Commission, which requires that they have enough cash on hand to make the cancelled cruise refunds. With the new dollar infusion, they will have to pay the refunds. 

If bankruptcy happens and the refunds are not paid, it will be interesting to see how the Maritime Commission deals with any request for "new" certification (not too mention the probable "ship jumping" of many Oceania regulars).

21 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If bankruptcy happens and the refunds are not paid, it will be interesting to see how the Maritime Commission deals with any request for "new" certification (not too mention the probable "ship jumping" of many Oceania regulars).

Wonder  where people will be jumping to?

7 hours ago, roger b said:

It seems no one is receiving any money back for cancelled cruises in the last two weeks does this mean there is a hold on repayments ?? 

The US Bankruptcy code prohibits any payments to anyone within 2 weeks of a filing. If no payments are made to Oceania to anyone for 14 days then you can pretty much be assured they are preparing to file bankruptcy. I started this thread and received payment of my cruise cost by claim against Travelex Insurance due to a death in the family. They paid one week AFTER I wrote to their VP of Claims. Travelex is owned by Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffet). Still waiting on excursion refunds, etc. from Oceania which I have no belief will be paid. 

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Wonder  where people will be jumping to?

Land vacations?

That's what we may end up doing, although it could be a while before we feel safe traveling anywhere outside of driving distance.

I do know that I won't even consider booking another cruise with Oceania if they fail to refund all of the money for our canceled cruise.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, basor said:

This Proves nothing !! They are not making any refunds explain that to me  !!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roger b said:

This Proves nothing !! They are not making any refunds explain that to me  !!

You mean only people who read and post on CC have not indicated on this post that they have not received a refund lately...…..this is a very small minority of Oceania clients.  I do not think that you can make a blanket statement that Oceania is not making any refunds based on post here.  I personally know people who have received refunds in the last 2 weeks but they do not read or post on CC...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, basor said:

You mean only people who read and post on CC have not indicated on this post that they have not received a refund lately...…..this is a very small minority of Oceania clients.  I do not think that you can make a blanket statement that Oceania is not making any refunds based on post here.  I personally know people who have received refunds in the last 2 weeks but they do not read or post on CC...

Cool story, Bro.

3 hours ago, basor said:

No, Not with all the additional capital and loans they have gotten

Get to your credit card company and initiate a "third party dispute". 

I got my deposit $ back from another cruise line on my card in 2 days after I submitted my paperwork.

With the news of NCL do not bother waiting for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABoatNerd said:

Get to your credit card company and initiate a "third party dispute". 

I got my deposit $ back from another cruise line on my card in 2 days after I submitted my paperwork.

With the news of NCL do not bother waiting for them.

What's a 3rd party dispute? Sounds like you're going after someone other than the cruise line, which is who the charge is to.